General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Jeez, another butthurt stuff on topic, first SHC 2016 thread, now this. Calm down, guys. Don't worry MarkeyJester, he copied you, but he'll not have fame or praise for that idea, but still I'm happy that Sonic Back In Time is alive To kill this off-topic I'll post this shit.

[​IMG]

HackGame and pixelcat like this.
  2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I don't read or interact with Twitter, so I have little to no knowledge of what you're talking about.

3. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

well, they left hints like this on Twitter, hinted at Sonic Adventure 3.

Eventually we got a mini game about Big on April 1st., called Big's big adventure 3.

HackGame likes this.
  4. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Congrats on your promotion to Staff, LordXernom! Oh wait.

This is a feedback thread: feedback will be given. If you don't like the feedback others are giving, feel free to give your own, or even explain why theirs is wrong, but don't top that off with demanding others 'SHUT UP' just because you don't like it. Frankly, your shitpost is more off-topic and butthurt than most here. If you really think something's wrong, there's always the Report button.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  5. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

I'm always forgetting about backseat modding rule. I'm sorry. Next time I'll think twice to not make this mistake.

EDIT: I'm very long on this forum and now I know why "report" button is here. Shame on me! :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Ah, I see.

Well I'm sorry, but I really don't pay attention to SEGA these days, they don't give me what I want, so I don't finance their attention.

In addition to this, you're implying that my video is advertisement for a game or hack or something. Nowhere have I said or claimed such a thing, though I am quite intrigued that many of you were clinging to the idea of a Jester's 2nd Challenge, maybe I should continue it =D

7. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

I see, everyopne forgot about disassembly!

8. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

Well, this is on the General Screenshot/Movie thread so it's assumed that it's related to something you're working on. If you posted it on the General Video thread, things would turn out differently.

Also, please do another Jester's Challenge.

9. Lone Devil

Lone Devil Internet War Veteran Member

10. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

I am very busy and lazy to check out what the numbers are about, no 8s nor 9s might mean they are octal? At least this is my entry point to get started. Now, from a cold-minded perspective, because you never know (not that any hints are available) nor I have a Definitive "No", there is some chance that the only goal is analyze the outcome?

Anyway, my latest effect (WIP):

Based on tile reloading, not sure if H-Int is reliable enough for a full-fledged level (got to try yet)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  11. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

Neat effect!
    I can't see this being used in a proper level though, only because it's going to be way too distracting for the player.

12. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Effects should get you feel even better about the level itself, or a neat little detail to it, rather than its peak point. The general idea of visual effects is that all parts blend well together; the final image has to appear natural. It cannot be a "top" gimmick because it does not affect gameplay either, and will only give an "in yo face" air. At least is my own viewpoint.

The tileset is not ready just yet by the way

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  13. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

That looks really cool, it will be interesting to see it used in a level! Looking forward to it.

14. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

Something that I had once assumed was not available easily on the Genesis/Megadrive outside of Toy Story and select Super 032X titles, this is what I look for in art hacks that truly set the visual abilities of the console to its optimal limits.
    The closest thing that this reminds me to is how the 03D models on a 02D plane rotate and pan in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight, as well as both parts of Clockwork Knight, it literally looks like this when the player focuses their eyes on the models that are moving in the background; wishfully, you will be able to have this be used in a full zone, there are so many things that I could imagine could potentially be used and it would be a shame if this could not be fully used, this is what I expect from Optimal Quality Art Hacks, absolutely.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  15. โบวี่

โบวี่ Tsingtao Enjoyer Member

So wait... You're telling me you did this on a lone MegaDrive with out the 32X? Holy crud that looks amazing...

16. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Looks to me like an alteration of Sonic 3's water surface effect~

...looks cool either way though, I love the fact that you're using a waterfall river/stream like design!

17. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

Just an animation when Sonic get electrocuted.

18. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member Exiled

I swear Sonic looks the same when he gets electrocuted in Sonic Boom (hack).

19. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

IIRC it's from Sonic CD when Sonic gets hit by the laser in Metallic Madness. Anyway, even iff it's just a small feature, it works really well, I like it. I also like how the title card looks.

20. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

New monitors are in. It's not much but to me it's a bit of an achievement.
    upload_2016-7-16_20-0-54.png

Soldaten, Crimson Neo, Painto and 6 others like this.