Tails Adventure LX (Finished Hack)

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by LordXernom, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Two Sonic games will come in 2017, I can't see any new hacks in last weeks, so I decided to show my latest built of my Tails Adventure hack. So, this hack has:

- disabled Game Over, so you don't need to remember passwords, unlike original game.
    - easier weapons/item choice
    - edited level layouts and palettes in Poloy's Forest, Volcanic Tunnel, Caron Forest and first area of Polly Mt. 1
    - music swap
    - edited map tiles (more shitty, but that will change)
    - edited SEGA logo
    - edited Title Screen

Special Thanks goes to SupperTails66's for making Tails Adventure editor "Tales" - without that program, this hack won't exist.

Time for screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

...and download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrtom4v75cnz5k1/Tails Adventures LX.gg?dl=0

I hope you'll like it. The rest of this game is the same as original, but I'm planning finish this, so you can enjoy it without Game Over Screens. All other Sonic hacking projects are alive, I'll not cancel anything.
    Edit: This hack is finished, check the latest version of it: My SHC 2016 Entry

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    NiphFM and Royameadow like this.
  2. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

As if getting through Tails' Adventure could not become any easier, Tails' Adventure LX clearly delivers faster methods and strategies to be able to get through the other portions of the original game at a better and more well crafted pace, which is indeed something that was heavily long overdue.
    This ROM hack only makes the original levels that are remaining better and quicker to get through, while the new material allows for the player to be able to think quicker on what they must do, especially because of them having the entire inventory available at their disposal when pausing, something that would have made my MAX Percent RTS of the original game for my local audiences a bit less of a pain if the original game had it from the get~go; I already consider this to be the superior title, minor platform and collision glitches aside, and I know that this will only be superior to it over time.

Currently, I am in the middle of a MAX Percent play of the Demo Build, and I was rather shocked as to how Volcanic Tunnel required the player to have to use the Giga Bomb (Giant Bomb) to find a blocked off part in the beginning of Act II, simply to reach the Extra Armour and Boss Room that are down there, that was a bit cryptic to figure out right off the bat.
    Also, I must ask about the odd placement of this:

Tails Adventures LX.2016-07-25 05.53.08.png

Not sure if that was meant to be present this way, but it made sense to ask about it, kind of caught me off guard when I noticed this.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    LordXernom likes this.
  3. LordXernom

Well, that head is on unfinished part of Volcanic Cave, I disabled way to go into this, because I feared, that I broke Volcanic Base Boss, but from the screenshot I can see you passed locked path and found a head of the boss. :D

4. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

From the looks of it, the boss' head was still perfectly capable of taking damage and being destroyed, plus completing the rest of the game beyond this point and still getting the MAX Percent screen is still relatively easy, so no pressure.
    Either way though, this work is already indeed showing off that it is the significantly faster and superior alternative to the original game, so I definitely will get a lot of playing time put into this between now and going into the next Sonic Hacking Contest Done Quick marathon installment; you're indeed doing a good job on this, Tails' Adventure has been a title that I was long waiting for ROM hacks of and LX is indeed a step in the correct direction, it will only become better from here, I already give this extremely high acclaim. :)

LordXernom likes this.
  5. LordXernom

Thank you! :) Also, Razor and Zenon did a video of my hack, yay! :D

EMK-20218, Painto and Royameadow like this.
  6. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I've done a video too! Hope you like! ^_^

LINK

EMK-20218 and LordXernom like this.
  7. LordXernom

Thank you RedHotSonic! Videos like this definitely will make others play Sonic Game Gear games even more and maybe try to hack these games... Who knows? :D

GenesisDoes likes this.
  8. LordXernom

Edited Polly Mt. 1 Area 2 and 3.

redhotsonic likes this.
  9. LordXernom

Edited Polly Mt. 1 Boss. If you thought my hack will be easy - you're wrong! :D This boss edit will test your reaction time, memory, fingers and patience! :D This boss is beatable, I beated it once, but I found more interesting record my deaths... :D

redhotsonic likes this.
  10. LordXernom

Edited first area of Lake Rocky. Tails and his submarine with deadly drill - Let's GO! :D

Painto likes this.
  11. LordXernom

Tails continues his adventure with his deadly submarine - Area 2 and 4 edited. :)

12. LordXernom

Tails Adventure LX is still WIP.

[​IMG]

TheInvisibleSun and redhotsonic like this.
  13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

As much as I (or anyone else) haven't been active in this topic, I'd like to assure you that I am very interested in the work you're putting into this hack. Keep it up :)

TheInvisibleSun and LordXernom like this.
  14. LordXernom

Thank you redhotsonic! :D I can tell now I edited in 100% Lake Rocky. So 50% of hack is done. Stay tuned! ;)

[​IMG]

redhotsonic and NiphFM like this.
  15. LordXernom

Edited Lake Crystal.

[​IMG]

16. LordXernom

Another Lake Crystal edit.

[​IMG]

17. LordXernom