General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

I'm guilty of doing that in what I believe was the comment section on one of RHS' videos, so I'm sorry. But, to be fair, if you look at the credits for the hack on SSRG, you find StephenUK credited as the artist and you not credited at all (unless you go under a different name on Sonic Retro).

Did you do the art of the other zones and if not, who did?

2. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Ok, this is getting pretty fucking tiresome now. I did the art for the other zones, not anyone else, me. If you really want to make an issue of the "lack of credit" here, then all you had to do was read the topic for my old hack, Project Chaos, and you would have found this nice little gem of a quote in there.

I've taken the liberty of highlighting the relevant section, in case anyone else wants to claim I don't credit other people for their work. It's not down to me to keep throwing quotes at newer members just to keep them in the loop. The information is right there if people care to look for it. RHS forgot to mention it in the credits, it's as simple as that. He's aware of where it came from, and he's also more than aware that the zone is no longer in use. If you check the history of that wiki page, you'll see that at no point have I edited any information on there, and so therefore having me put down as the zone artist is out of my hands. Furthermore, in terms of actually putting zones into the hack, that would indeed make me the zone artist, and anyone providing mockups, ideas or screenshots would be down as a concept artist or something equivalent. When I recreated the zone, I didn't port it. I simply downloaded 3 (yes 3) screenshots of Sonic Unity and based it all from those.

Anyone else care to throw any false accusations while we're at it?

ProjectFM and MarkeyJester like this.
  3. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

What about before Sonic Unity? It was featured in Ghost n Ghouls found right here. So, are we meant to credit the original original original artist?

I do sometimes mention that the art was previously in Sonic Project Chaos which was in a fan game before that, but I just never knew your name, hence why I didn't give credit as such. I just said which fan game it was from. Also, like Stephen said, he drew the art from screenshots from Sonic Unity himself, so technically speaking, he did draw it into the hack rather than port it, so...

4. SnakeCoiler

SnakeCoiler Newcomer Member

No worries I just wanted to clear that up. Like I said it just kind of got lost in time since I'm mostly not around. and I guess it just felt a little weird to see that. RHS I didn't mean you I knew you didn't know me and stephen I didn't mean you because yeah of course I remember us doing that. Wasn't "getting mad at people" it's just me wanting to be remembered. anyways... take care

5. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

New palette for GHZ act 3. Not too sure about this one, but it's better than "green hill zone but in FALL".

upload_2016-8-5_18-37-41.png

6. Solar

Solar What? Member

Never thought that Windy Hill from SLW will force me to draw.
    [​IMG]

TruffledToad, Nocedk, M.N.K. and 16 others like this.
  7. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

That's very nice looking! Those tree probably take up a massive amount of tiles, though. If I would have one nitpick, it would be that I don't really like the use of white as a replacement for a lighter shade of green. Especially in something natural like grass. Would you be able to fit in another green into the color palette?

8. StephenUK

You know, it would have been respectful if you actually asked permission to use the trees I had drawn for Sonic 1 Remix myself rather than resorting to theft.

Just to back up my claim, here was a WIP pic of how the tree started out, complete with bad shading (foliage never was my forte). Excuse the filter on the pic, I forgot to turn it off on the emulator when I took this and only realised later.

[​IMG]

And here it is again after I fixed the shading somewhat.

[​IMG]

Basically, this tree art was NOT free to be used by anyone. There was another revision after this one which Markey had worked on, but I can't find a screenshot of that at the moment.

9. Solar

Solar What? Member

Honestly, I don't know what this "Sonic 1 remix"
    This tree I found in Google and decided to manually port in GHZ.
    But once it belongs to another, then I apologize for that.

Once the tree is already taken, I'll replace it with another.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  10. StephenUK

If you found it via a Google search, can you provide a link to exactly where it was found. I'd like to look into this.

11. Solar

Solar What? Member

12. StephenUK

Thanks, I've left a comment for that person asking them to remove the tree from their sheet. Thanks for your understanding, no harm done.

13. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

14. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Amazing! You edited level layout or just art? :)

15. pixelcat

Thanks. For now, only art is edited, but most of the level is a huge garbled mess right now, so everything here will be overhauled.

ALSO, can you guys help me with the name of the hack, as I can't come up with anything good?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Bluestreak likes this.
  16. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Sonic 1 Master Race. :D (SMS Rulez :p )

17. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

Sonic 1 ReMastered (he he he..., meh, probably I'm the only who finds it funny :V)

Royameadow, LordXernom and pixelcat like this.
  18. pixelcat

Wow Painto, I really gonna stick with that.

(but its sonic 2)

19. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

Finally someone else is showing interest in hacking Sonic 2 sms! :) I wish my art skills were good, because that Green Hills edit looks amazing! For now, I'll just have to stick to programming. :V Anyways nice work @MrCat!

20. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

Puto kind of beat you to the push on this one, even though, yes, the title is technically different by one letter.
    There would have to be a disclaimer on the Sonic Retro Wiki Page for the original Remastered to assure that ReMastered is not confused with it, and also to assure that there is no major relation except for the name usage; I'm sure that search results on Google might get butchered between the two games if this title name were to stick as well, that is my primary worry, hoping that wouldn't be a factor in the long run.