Unfinished Projects

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Animemaster, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

So I made a topic to cover two projects in one, since both are incomplete anyways and won't be continued on. Well sort of. Anyway I will be redoing this particular hack from the ground up so if you want to throw opinions on it sure, but remember this was made in 2009 and my first actual hack. That and the new one will be completely different but taking some inspiration from the newest build.(Which sadly I do not have so, enjoy an older build I guess) It will probably have a different name as well. Since I thought why not just let it loose? if anyone who hasn't seen this before is curious as to what I had planned back in the day you can see for yourself.

[​IMG]
    Sonic Revelations...oh boy I was way to ambitious all those years ago. And it ended up into this mess right here. Though back in the day, this was considered somewhat decent at that time since there weren't many Super Sonic hacks and with the Sonic 2 options ported. Characters are Sonic, Blue knuckles(I don't even),Shadow and Silver who are all of course broken. All level are playable so go nuts I guess. Sonic has a broken homing attack? I think it's a homing attack, Shadow has a double jump. They can all turn super after about 60 rings, why 60? fuck noes what I was thinking back then I haven't touched it. So yeah know need to report bugs since this won't be worked on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/licurwcygs9axhc/s1built.rar?dl=0

The second hack was an experiment idea(I have done quite a few of those). However I got bored and couldn't fix one of the power ups.
    [​IMG]
    Sonic Colours!....sort of, not really. So all wisps apart from laser, you press A after jumping to activate it. I for some reason did not disable Hover, so when it deactivates in air just press A again and it will reset. I couldn't for the life of me get Laser to negate Sonic's direction when hitting the crystals that sort of act like the bumpers in syz. This is only for act 1, and most of the layout is just normal ghz act 1. So yeah, I just kinda felt like doing this. If anyone wants to make this a thing and other people want to post their old hacks that are not worked on anymore then sure. If their is an issue with this post, just do what you need to do, it's fine. Have fun I guess...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7f7yhn3t2dg5a8/s1colour.rar?dl=0

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  2. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

The 1st one looks good. While second one sounds interesting and fresh. I wonder what could have came out of that idea if it was completely utilized? Anyway great hacks to see imo.

Animemaster likes this.
  3. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member Exiled

This is so fucking awesome! I hope MegaGWolf does a video on it.

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

I'm happy to see that you're thinking about making the first one again from the ground up, it really has great potential to be one of my favorite Sonic 1 hacks, next to Megamix. And seeing how that was your first hack ever, despite the various bugs it's still very impressive. :) The second hack is a very neat concept, I actually did enjoy Sonic Colors and seeing the wisps being somewhat functional in Sonic 1 is pretty interesting.

Animemaster likes this.
  5. Animemaster

It will be more original that's for sure haha. No ported levels, they should all be fairly original new zones. Of course this is way off, I still have S1:SCD edition to finish. But after that, I'll start working on doing my first hack again, with some new ideas.

6. Kurk

Kurk Oh Yeah Member

So, This may sound stupid, but are we going to have a source code release for revelations?

7. Animemaster

No of course not. This version maybe unfinished but I'm taking some elements from it an putting it in the new reboot.

8. Kurk

Kurk Oh Yeah Member

Ok.

9. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

KOOL-ZPOT, please refrain from using single worded posts. Thanks.

EMK-20218 likes this.
  10. RainLancelot

RainLancelot Newcomer Member

I tried to play the unfinished version of Sonic Revelations but when I found out it was a rar file,I couldn't play it on my phone Genesis Emulator.Is there a way for it to become a bin file for people who have a phone Gens Emulator can play it automatically once downloaded?

11. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

You could always get a rar extractor for your phone and use it to extract it and any future ROMs.

Animemaster and Misinko like this.
  12. RainLancelot

Thank you.I appreciate it for the help!

13. RainLancelot

I could not play Sonic Revelations.I found a emulator that could play rar files but it said error loading the game...the rar extractor didn't work so bin and zip files work fine.But when that act clear theme plays from Ristar,the game freezes...

14. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Try using either winrar or 7zip, I personally recommend 7zip since it's free.

15. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Well that's a little hard Luigi, considering neither are on the Google Play Store :p

7Zipper and gGens worked fine for me. 7Zipper unpacks the files directly into whatever folder you've chosen though (in my case, it was the downloads folder), so you have to navigate to it within gGens to play the .bin file.

LuigiXHero likes this.
  16. RainLancelot

I finally got to play Sonic Revelations!

17. RainLancelot

The hack is tbh,glitchy and broken.Sonic's physics felt more broken to me.Collision Chaos was even more broken as usual!Its fun to mess around with.But unfortunately,its extremely buggy and I hope this can come back with newly fixed levels.

18. Soldaten

Soldaten The Coilgun Root Admin

@Young Link do note that this thread is about "Unfinished Projects".

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Misinko likes this.
  19. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Gee, I wonder why a WIP hack is buggy and unstable.

Although I have gotten around to playing the hack, and it does not like you doing anything. I can see why you would dump the thing, it'd be more of a hassle fixing everything than it would be to just start fresh. I mean good lord. Sonic would curl up at seemingly random times and stay there (even in the air), the stars above starposts are broken, three different pieces of music play at the end of a level, it's a mess. Fun to romp through though, and there's a lot of cool ideas there. I look forward to seeing how this thing turns out when you get around to remaking it.

Soldaten likes this.
  20. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Where do I begin? Don't double-post. That first post was completely needless: I don't post on every almost-dead hack thread just to say I played it. Also, punctuation.

Misinko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.