SonLVL

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by MainMemory, Mar 29, 2011.

1. LooneyDude

LooneyDude Back after a long absence! Member

Ah, I understand. Thank you for your response ^-^

2. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Oops I had a grammer issue in my post, sorry MM.

What I meant is that if you are selecting let's say 5 to the right without moving down at all. If you accidentally move down a chunk and select that whole row if you move your cursor back up it doesn't unselect that row so you have to go back and reselect stuff. It's not that big of a deal but I find it somewhat annoying when I do it multiple times in a row due to how clumsy I can be.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

Okay, I could probably do that, but I'm not really sure how I would go about it...

4. MainMemory

Okay, I've merged the changes into the master branch and published an update. I've also added the ability to shrink FG/BG selections by dragging inwards from the edges, which should fix LuigiXHero's issue.

LuigiXHero likes this.
  5. MainMemory

Couple of updates to the palette editor:
    • The palette selector, blending, and importing options have been moved to a new toolbar.
    • Right clicking in the palette editor will create a gradient from the selected color to the color clicked on, as long as they're on the same line.
    • Palette entries can be dragged horizontally to reorder them, recoloring the tiles appropriately, and palette lines can be dragged vertically to reorder them, altering the blocks' palette settings appropriately. Hold Ctrl to swap instead of reordering.

ProjectFM, FireRat and Crimson Neo like this.
  6. Kaz

Kaz Well-Known Member Member

Congratulations, you made it break on Linux.

After building the latest release with xbuild, an error popped up when selecting a zone using the S1 Hivebrain INIs. After that, it simply froze. The log tells me nothing besides not being able to find "mono.exe", which is a normal issue in some Mono programs.

7. MainMemory

I don't know why it would be broken (I guess I'll have to check), but why are you building it from source? The binary release should be fine (if the program wasn't broken).

8. Kaz

Kaz Well-Known Member Member

Your binary build of the release also broke down too. I'm using Arch Linux with the latest wine, wine-mono and wine_gecko packages.

9. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Why not try to run it directly from mono runtime? It does absolutely fine on my end, other than being more nitpicky in that filenames are case-sensitive (and some projects have a few mistakes).
    (Ubuntu v14.04 LTS x64)

10. MainMemory

11. MainMemory

SonLVL's chunk and block editors now have the ability to change the selected chunk/block by pressing the PgUp/PgDn/Home/End keys while the preview picture is focused, and a context menu, accessible by clicking with the selection button on an already selected area, which allows for flipping, copying, pasting, and clearing the selected area.

ArcaniaCQ, LuigiXHero and Ashuro like this.
  12. MainMemory

Thanks to Clownacy, SonLVL now has native support for Comper compression via KensSharp, removing the need for the extra "Comper Support" package.

13. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Would it be possible to have a setting that allows you to toggle the arrow key functions between moving the window around and manually moving objects? It'd be really nice for the sake of precision to be able to move objects small bits at a time. I've gotten used to using it in Photoshop and whatnot, and it's a really handy function.

14. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

I think I've had problems with moving multiple selected objects, because of the lack of precision keyboard controls. The settings area on the right of the screen doesn't do anything when selecting multiple objects either, so I'm at the mercy of mouse controls.

15. MainMemory

You know, I could have the numpad move objects, although I realize some laptops don't have a physical numpad (I think they do at least have one via fn key though).

16. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

This might prove to be some extra work for you, but could you code it to so users can individually assign keybindings to each direction so the issue with laptop users would be solved? Default could be the numpad, so all parties are satisfied.

17. MainMemory

Honestly, there aren't a whole lot of keys that SonLVL isn't already using? Unless I make literally everything customizable, but that's a whole lot of work.

18. MainMemory

Okay, SonLVL can now move all selected objects by increments of the current grid size by using the numpad keys (12346789).

Orbinaut has also been added to object definitions for S1 Git SBZ, because apparently its art is loaded there.

19. MainMemory

I've submitted SonLVL as a false positive to AVG, Avast, and Kaspersky, and so far AVG and Avast have both confirmed that SonLVL is not in fact malware, so that should be fixed in their next updates. I'm not going to try contacting every AV vendor, so if your AV detects SonLVL as a threat, you should look for a way to submit a false positive report.

I'm guessing this is due to the time when SonLVL was bundled with the FW-KENSC Comper compressor, and the AVs just blocked the whole zip file as malware ever since.

20. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Can confirm avast doesn't mess with Sonlvl anymore.