Totino Challenge

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by AURORA☆FIELDS, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

So, since the topic for RAGE this year was Totinos, I present to you Totino Challenge! A quick homebrew I wrote in 24 hours for the contest. Even with the bad topic, I decided to take it on for the challenge. I think it turned out very well for the little time I had to write it in. In fact, I have taken a snapshot of every single day of work as a separate ROM for anyone who is interested. The source code is included also, with a tool I used to convert images to the right format! Do note the game is intentionally incredibly difficult, however I can assure you it is perfectly completable.

Download

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

This was a pain in the arse...

HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WAS A SPRING?!!!

This is a pretty cool game from a technical point of view, the size of the ROM and the engine is simple, yet genius~

Do you plan on making your own proper game at some point? Like some sort of homebrew?

3. AURORA☆FIELDS

I am not planning on making any homebrew games at this point in time.

Also the engine is a huge hackjob, I would hardly describe it as "genius" :V

FireRat likes this.
  4. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Any chance of some screenshots?

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Bullshit...

It's simplicity is what's genius, and I think you know what I'm talking about dX

6. AURORA☆FIELDS

Ha, ok fair enough. I did want to add functions such as being able to do a lot of more things, like flipping, mirroring, repeating of textures, etc but I just didn't have the time to bother with those things. Also fix those 2 garbage pixels being written, but you know, details :V

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.