General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Now THAT is some creative work! Well done TSB!

TheStoneBanana and MarkeyJester like this.
  2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Hey, nice work! Being a shadow rather than a silhouette is quite a unique use of the quirk~ Especially considering that it reminds me of those "jail break out" cartoons dX

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    HackGame and TheStoneBanana like this.
  3. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

New retrowave sound test
    [​IMG]

Designed by Mr.Cat for Sonic Virtual Adventure(?)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  4. TheBlurCafe

TheBlurCafe Welcome to TheBlurCafe! Member

Inb4 "don't touch the spotlight" levels begin, seriously though, you might have accidentally created a new mechanic for hackers to benefit from!

Holy shrimp this looks great, and DAMN those colors! This is just sick, man, kudos to Mr.Cat.

pixelcat and FireRat like this.
  5. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

This is awesome.

I belive Knuckles' Chaotix titlescreen (scenario) was the inspiration for this? I sorta got some "Tron" vibes in this Sound Test menu too.

Blue with purple is something I'll always love!

pixelcat, EMK-20218 and MarkeyJester like this.
  6. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

Thanks for all kind words! Actually, I wasn't inspired by Knuckles' Chaotix, but rather those synthwave-styled pictures. I was obsessed with those when I made this, so that explains the color palette and the overall style. Also, the lamps with digits are Nixie tubes. Don't they go well together with synthwave? :p

ProjectFM likes this.
  7. Stardust

Stardust [screams in cat] Member

That's amazing. The colours go well together perfectly and you've nailed the 'virtual' theme! Awesome job, Mr. Cat. You, sir, deserve a gold medal.

pixelcat likes this.
  8. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

[​IMG]
    GameCube, why..?

I've tried reformatting the textures in several different ways, inject, replacement, and even just using the entire balloon of PC-only files. They all just don't want to load.

Oh well, I guess I'll find another Nintendo port to tackle.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Well, I did find out that they're full of ".dda" files, which is a renamed DDS.
    I just can't seem to get anything back in.

MarkeyJester likes this.
  9. B. Comet

B. Comet Is fun still infinite? Member

I scrapped that "Marble City" I was making back then, because I was felling it wasn't making too much sense overall...
    So, I started again and I got this:

[​IMG]

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Those pylons look very cool and uniquely constructed, well done there! I especially like how it now looks "curved" to one side, delightful details such as that are certainly welcome~

My turn now....

Flygon was working on something SMS related, and had trouble with making a background that didn't use many tiles, so I took some of the few colours he had, and made a simpler, yet nicer looking background for him.

upload_2017-3-10_8-34-17.png

I've never worked with SMS graphics before, but it seems pretty much as similar to the Mega Drive, which I have years of experience with. So the turnout hasn't been so bad~

11. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

Otterboi, I like the use of various purples here. The lighting in particular is minimal, but works incredibly well, in my opinion.

My turn. I've recently been toying with custom artwork, which isn't exactly my strong point, and wanted to get some feedback on one of my first attempts:
    [​IMG]
    The palette isn't final or anything, but I'm rather happy with how the foreground artwork has turned out. This isn't for anything in particular, either. I was just trying some things out during my lunch breaks at work.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    EMK-20218, HackGame, pixelcat and 9 others like this.
  12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

It's a wonderful start~

I think I recall seeing the grating on those block peices before (did you show them on IRC at one point before?), either way, it looks pretty good, the background circular mesh especially, having the lighting/shadow on a single side of the curve really gives the feeling of thickness, and not some flat paper wall =)

Fine work there sir~

13. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Grating on block peices are from Metallic Madness Zone Past from Sonic CD, I saw them as a blue in Act 1 in generator area.

14. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

I never said I had drawn everything from scratch. I was inspired by Metallic Madness and adapted the tile to the level, changed the shading, palette, etc.

That being said, thanks for the encouragement Otterboi, and the likes from everyone else. I may continue with this, we'll see...

15. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

OK, now I think it's the right time to show this. I was hessitent before and actually decided to delete it and edit my post, just felt like the wrong time to showcase it.

Anyways, some of you might recognise this from a stream I did back... late last year was it? I forget, but anyways, I should've shared a video of it here back then, and didn't, so... better late than never~

16. B. Comet

B. Comet Is fun still infinite? Member

Markey, I love you.

Just some slight progress, I wish I could work faster on those simple things. Still thinking about in the new zone name and how I can make the bottom part of the background...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Drex, HackGame, pixelcat and 8 others like this.
  17. TheBlurCafe

TheBlurCafe Welcome to TheBlurCafe! Member

*Inb4 InTheZone shows up as InTheNewZone*
    I really like the art, and call me crazy for this, but I somewhat like the bottom part of the background, maybe make it darker so it doesn't clash with the FG grass, if there's even going to be grass.

HackGame and B. Comet like this.
  18. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

@B. Casais : This art looks wonderful. I like how the palette detaches the night showing clearly how the place is a industrial city under the stars. Very nice job, man!

B. Comet likes this.
  19. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

I need help.
    So, I've decided to make dynamic palettes in Sonic 1. The only problem is that I'm colorblind, so it's harder for me to make a palette.
    Here's a "Night Hill Zone" Attempt. What do you think I should improve?
    Night Hill Zone.PNG
    Note: This is just the background. The foreground is still untouched.

20. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

Maybe darken the trees and hills a bit in the background. Other than that, it looks okay to me.