Discord Contact Details

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Spanner, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Due to issues stemming from a particular retard who just won't go away and is now impersonating users of this website just to cause trouble (and Discord Customer Services won't do anything about it), we now have a field for putting in your Discord name and ID, so people can make sure they are adding the right person and not an impersonator.

It is up to you whether you want to use it or not, but it is there should you want to use it:

http://sonicresearch.org/community/index.php?account/contact-details

You can find your Discord ID at the bottom left of the application window.

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Wait, if I fill this in, who can view my ID? Everyone? If so, surely that will cause more issues.

3. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    The beauty of the Discord ID is that it isn't dictated by users. It's assigned out sequentially by Discord when the account's created. They can't be changed, either.

4. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

That unfortunately isn't what I'm trying to get at. If I'm trying to avoid someone, and I filled this in, he would then have my ID and keep bugging me?

Pokepunch and Misinko like this.
  5. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Fair point. User profiles are set to not be visible to guests, though, and once they contact you one time, they have that ID anyway. It's not a secret element in the slightest. I get your concerns (I mean, I'm the one user whose profile is completely inaccessible except by the ACP), but at the same time, it's also helpful in verifying if someone is who they say they are rather than impersonating. It's a rock and hard place situation. I am open to ideas, though.