[SUGGESTION] More ratings?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by Arsen, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsen

Arsen Active Member In Limbo

While looking plugins for Xenforo, I saw a plugin called "Post Ratings". What this plugin did? Just added more ratings such as Like,dislike,agree,disagree,funny,creative,informative etc. My suggestion is to add more ratings, so people will get not only Positive, also Neutral and Negative points.

Thanks for reading.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

We had a dislike system in places before in conjunction with the like system, all that happened, was that people abused the disliked button to express their hatred of someone, likewise, other people got overly butthurt over the mass of dislikes they recieved.

If I were still staff, I would have said no, and put this thread into the trash. Seeing as I'm not, it's no longer down to me, but I think the staff would agree with me anyway.

Nothing personal, we just have enough experience to know that this forum just simply isn't ready for such features... Maybe in the future.

3. Arsen

Arsen Active Member In Limbo

Oh. If people abused points like that, I think not going to be added, it going to ruin point system, so I agree with you.

I think this thread is worth moving to trash.

4. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Not happening - Otterboi said in his post what I would have said.

5. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Why does this thread reek of Limbo?

6. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Hell. No. IPS showed this community just how fucked-up rating systems can get, and I will fight to the bitter end to never have that shit return. If I weren't so lazy, I'd rip out the likes system as well. As we have three admins in agreement, it's pretty safe to say that this discussion's over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.