General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

2. Gamma V

Gamma V Well-Known Member Member

Those are some nice visuals, Jubbalub. I haven't been following all the hack projects going on here, but whatever you're working on looks like something I'd want to play.

3. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

4. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

Are these tiles sourced from an existing game? I ask because I've seen these exact tiles used in "The S Factor" as shown here.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not accusing you of art theft, mind you, but I'd like some clearance on this. That aside, it's not the first time I've seen this art so I'm not too impressed by your screenshot there.

5. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

He already stated that he knows it is used in the S Factor. There is a sheet where the art came from that is available for anyone to use.

Niko likes this.
  6. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

Yeah, I should have clarified this. The art's not mine, it's available for people to use, as ProjectFM said above. It was here on SSRG, I forget where though.

7. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

Source? I see no such thing stated in his post.
    Even if an art sheet doesn't request crediting, doing so can easily clear up any potential confusion. That's just my thoughts on the matter, though.

MarkeyJester likes this.
  8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

iirc, Aquaslash got the art from someone outside of the team, someone from DeviantArt iirc.

Aquaslash asked him if we could use it, he said yes, and we did.

This art being used is technically not our problem, that's down to the DeviantArt guy and jubbalub.

FireRat likes this.
  9. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

SaunicBoom, M.N.K. and MarkeyJester like this.
  10. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Blatant nitpick, but it always bothers me when bridges are used in MZ. To me, the art that happens to load is ugly enough as it is, but it gets even worse when I realise I'm actually looking at a bug.

AURORA☆FIELDS and ProjectFM like this.
  11. Sewer56

Sewer56 Newcomer Member

Doesn't really warrant its own thread unless it's an actual release, but I've been having a bit of fun by doing extra reverse engineering of Shadow The Hedgehog recently.

At some point in the future, over summer, I plan to release everything I've got saved to the public in a Shadow/Heroes megathread, perhaps also maybe actually finish that E3 Prototype look/documentation that has been sitting there for a few months from a whole year incomplete.

Till then, I'll share these, enjoy!

Edit: You can get my utility I've wrote which made both of these possible on my Github page, https://github.com/sewer56lol/ShadowMTP.

Tikal is actually a modification replacing Knuckles, and I've used the same method I engineered to bring Maria over Shadow in order to make Tikal playable with good, decent animations.

The utility repository also contains a copy of my notes of the struct of the file if you would like to understand the format without going over the code.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Jdpense, Royameadow and Misinko like this.
  12. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees Banned for being a fucking cockwomble Exiled

[​IMG]
    This is 100% totally HONESTLY done by me and me alone and hasn't be done by UT in any way, shape, or form.

This isn't UTS1, they just share the same Sonic palette. And yes I know the title card is fucked don't yell at me.

Attached Files:

NiphFM, HackGame and ProjectFM like this.
  13. Trinitronity

Trinitronity Well-Known Member Member

Could it be? Pepsi in Sonic 1 Remastered?!

14. MASTERestlib

MASTERestlib Well-Known Member Member

Heyas. im the guy who did the art that the S factor uses. If the S factor team approves its use outside of S factor, then im fine with that aswell. with that said, just incase i am working on a new version of that art if problems were to rise anyway.

15. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Lady in red, living in dread. Member

Sonic Project Aspect is still alive, and worked on when I have the spoons to work on it, but I said early on I wanted to out Desert Dazzle in, sort of...

See Diamond Desert, a fusion of Southwestern and Egyptian aesthetics. One-eyed upside-down pyramids and Egyptian drums line the place for that side. If I had more tiles to work with, a sphinx and/or statue of Osiris would have been put in.

The art is mostly complete, the layout is only changed enough currently to show off the new graphics. Sonic's palette is getting bright to not blend in with the sky. This may affect Peridot Palms Zone 1 sadly enough, if it does not blend. All I have to do is learn how to switch level slots and a demo can finally be released. Likely a 1-Round demo, unless you guys rather have me hold off for SHC2017 to make a release. Learning to make individual tilesets for all the Zones, or at least the 3rd Zone of each Round where rings do not get put into is crucial to this game's creation.

Zone 2 of Diamond Desert is an ice age, will have different ground pattern, background details, and snow (surprise!) in it. Will likely need to use the sprite (foreground) palette quite a bit. Zone 3 is in a thick jungle thanks to desert greening. Something evil hides in the trees. Could it be an old legend come to life?

By the way, if I have Diamond Desert Zone 3 be in a greened up desert jungle, then would it be wise to have Tyrannic Tower Zone 2 take place when the area was a regular forest beginning to be industrialized? Think Wood Zone and Metropolis clashing).

B. Comet, NiphFM, Niko and 8 others like this.
  16. Ashuro

Ashuro Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death Member

A "new" gameplay of Sonic & Ashuro with Sonic The Hedgehog...
    Some new animations, new sprites...

NiphFM, pixelcat and ProjectFM like this.
  17. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

My only complain is Toot Toot Sonic Warrior SMPS instrumentation. Guitar sounds earrape for me and I've heard some people don't like S1 instruments in SMPS overall, try experiment with Ecco The Dolphin or Streets Of Rage series presets.

NiphFM and ProjectFM like this.
  18. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

Another thing to note when making SMPS is to try to make the lead and bass FM channels FM1 and FM2 so that SFX don't override them.

kenny0989, ProjectFM and NiphFM like this.
  19. kenny0989

kenny0989 Well-known idiot Member

And the main PSG should be put into CH12 but not 11 so it won't be covered by jump SFX

NiphFM and Devon like this.
  20. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

The biggest problem here I can see really is the music. First, it keeps getting interrupted by everything, though with this kind of music, I am not sure it can even be avoided. I would much rather choose tunes that can sound good even with few channels playing, and the other channels are to either create depth of sound, or to add some other tune that is not important for the track. SSZ is a great example of a track that still works with little channels, but also relies too much on channels that get interrupted, so it ends up sounding bad when collecting rings anyway.

Another problem is instruments. They just really end up sounding bland and don't really have any kind of harmony to them. It sounds as if you just chose some at random and went with it. You need to practice to choose the right instruments for the track, and sometimes those instruments never come from the default packs you are given.