General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

I decided to make a music player. I'd like to collect interesting sound driver in one rom. I've spent more than a month to develop this music player and to disassemble a lot of games for get the sound drivers.
    And I'm happy with the result. This is still beta, and in the future the music player may change or be added new the drivers.
    And now I want to show the progress.

Credits:
    Programming - TheBlad768.
    Art(Speaker) - Mr.Cat.
    Art(Text) - EgorTF.

elaymm4, NiphFM, FохConED and 4 others like this.
  2. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Would be happy if you'd also post the disassembled sound drivers with their music data attached. Its always interesting when someone does research like this!

Royameadow likes this.
  3. kenny0989

kenny0989 Well-known idiot Member

Rarely use default gyb pack,I usually use OPM and X3i

4. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

I would like to in the future to release a player with source code.

I update the music player every day. Today I added the sound driver from Spider-Man and Venom - Maximum Carnage. I think it's still too early to release the source code.
    I will release the source code with the player when I'm sure everything works without problems. I really don't know how long it might take.

FохConED likes this.
  5. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Please try to use your posts more carefully. This post is context-less and thus makes no sense, as no one knows what you're replying to with that. Please put more thought into your posts, and make your trialist posts count.

Nicely done with the music box. I will be quite intrigued to see your research work on the drivers, if/when you release it.

There's a lot of good elements in here, and a lot of solid effort put in. I will note that the ball sprites for Sonic don't look quite right to me, but that may be a personal opinion. I think it might be referencing Mania, which would be why I'm less familiar with it? It's something that just doesn't quite feel like it blends well. As for the music, it sounds like the sequencing is good, but your instrumentation needs adjustment. Take good consideration of the suggestions of others on how you organize your channels, and look into an alternative for that electric guitar sample. I hear the potential for something really nice-sounding, but you just need to make minor adjustments. Little tweaks can make all the difference. Otherwise, good work.

Ashuro likes this.
  6. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Tails inside binary world - work in progress.

[​IMG]

7. Pineapple Arse

Pineapple Arse I ironically hate cold temperatures. Member

@LordXernom I really like the way the art is going, but I recommend that you should add more numbers and "pieces of coding" within the background because there is so much black within it that it kinda makes it feel less "techniclogical" in one way or another.

Also, make the 1 and 0 brighter, and make more combinations of those, such as 1110, 1001, etc. And please tell me that the background scrolls downward, because it could give it more of a techniclogical feel :v

8. Narcologer

Narcologer Hell angel Member

This is new SYZ boss which will appear in new version of Sonic Chaos Quest.
    Because hack is still in progress, this may be not the final version of boss.
    Credits: Narcologer (me) - main coding, TheBlad768 - help in porting from GHZ to SYZ
    Feedback is welcome.

9. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

Red in place of the dark grey on EggRobo's mech?
    Huh-

I like the concept, but if you're trying not to make this a hard-mode hack (or near-end-of-game boss), then you might want to widen the angle of the boulders a "smidge?"

Also, here's a bit of an experiment:
    [​IMG]
    Left: over Shadow / Right: over the blue Android

The light from the Android's wrist is from the light that would shine from his normally-existing gun.
    Same with the eye's glowing, it's the un-textured eyes for the android, but I was more focused on getting Pink and Orange Androids to become Amy and Tails.

Before I advance, though, I guess I should go to the Questions and Answers threads for a bit of help, but to keep it all together, I'll just keep it in here.

@sewer56lol, I've been struggling to get the TXD and MTP files to re-write within filesize of the original, and rebuilding in gcr1.1 causes progression to the title screen to crash, so I've been keeping my file sizes at (or under) the original. I was wondering which texture and/or model editor you were using to insert Tikal and her sunglasses. She's not in the game, so it's obvious you didn't just add an accessory to an existing character. The animations I'm not as worried about, as I'd like to get my models 'in' before I perfect their performance. More specifically, trying to retexture Sonic and merge one of the tails from TAILSTAILS.DFF, which isn't showing up because there's nowhere large enough to add the 8KB model, and it makes more scene to just merge it into Sonic's.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    LordXernom and HackGame like this.
  10. TheBlurCafe

TheBlurCafe Welcome to TheBlurCafe! Member

So yeah, there are a few things I don't like, for once, the boss' palette isn't supposed to be like that, why is it red?
    Second, the boss moves way too fast, no matter what the zone is, a boss that moves at such high speeds can be annoying, and that goes with my third point:
    The attacks, they are way too fast, and most importantly, they're unpredictable (one time it shoots one...um...nut? The other shoots three) as there is no set pattern (well, there is a "pattern": three-three-one, but it goes by way too fast and can be a pain to avoid the nuts).
    Something I would suggest is giving the boss two phases.
    1- He goes from one side to another shooting three nuts at the same time, before swooping down trying to hit you
    2- He does the same thing except he shoots nuts (one at a time) at your current location, before going to the center of the screen and throwing nuts in random locations, but it's still easy to avoid if you don't make the Egg Robo shoot a million nuts at high speed.

11. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

The art for the ship doesn't look good. One thing that I would really like to see people do is use the second palette line in their bosses. It can be switched to whatever colors are needed once you enter the boss area because it isn't usually used for level art and is only needed for rings (four colors that will likely be used in the boss' design anyway). It bothers me how dependent hackers are on using Sonic's palette line for objects despite the second palette line's existance. Sonic 1 is also bad with it by storing 3 garbage colors on the second palette line (dark tan, bright green, and red). I just feel that, because the Genesis' palette is so limited, people should make the most of it.

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I pixelated this logo recently, and thought I'd share it:
    [​IMG]
    No particular reason of course... Just thought it'd be cool to do so~

13. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

And it looks very cool indeed.

14. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

[​IMG]
    Something super sekret I've been working on lately.

15. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

So it's a new function in SonLVL which will point objects to their position in the placement code? That looks interesting, but it doesn't seem practical. Maybe it's just that I can't think of any uses for it at the moment or there will be more to it. All I can think of is it making editing the code easier, but that isn't necessary because you can do everything you need to in SonLVL besides changing the object loading order.

Why do the objects have such large rectangles around them?

Edit: Looking over it, there seems to be way more to it than I initially thought. I don't think you can edit an object's spawn location, angle, or width with just the object placement list. There is something more going on.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  16. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    JustStuff.png

Just Mega CD stuff. Finishing something I started sometime last year as practice for a job I ultimately got punted for. Reading BIN/CUEs is a fun ordeal, I have to say...

17. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Work In Progress. I managed to avoid parallax issues for now - now tiles aren't scrolling incorrectly on BG, because they're on same plane like ground tiles. I hope I'll not be forced to screw around S3 backgrounds...

18. Stardust

Stardust [screams in cat] Member

...Why are there two extra life monitors at the start? People could abuse that, to farm up lives easily.

But other than that, I like how this is going.

LordXernom likes this.
  19. B. Comet

B. Comet Is fun still infinite? Member

Sometimes I think this stage is way too "blue".

[​IMG]

Maybe I will make an new vid showing the new layout soon.

NiphFM, ProjectFM, Royameadow and 2 others like this.
  20. Pineapple Arse

Pineapple Arse I ironically hate cold temperatures. Member

That looks really nice @B. Casais! As for the blues, try some dark purples? Also, I think you should make the lava a darker orange to match the nighttime feel of the stage.

B. Comet likes this.