Sonic: Project Chaos

Discussion in 'Staff Projects' started by StephenUK, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

Maybe they're rebels against the good. Ever seen Demolition Man? Same Concept, I would think.

2. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Or maybe it's because I just didn't get around to sorting that out.

3. Armada

Armada DID SOMEONE SAY WEEABOO? Member

I highly doubt that Stephen, it's not like you're making this hack.

All right, back to adventure! So, Steve, will you be including more new and/or custom art into the game? I loved the old GHZ art.

4. Thundertimi

Thundertimi Well-Known Member Member

that bad future greenhill look nice!

5. Televangelist

Televangelist Active Member Member

Any chance you'd consider releasing the work you'd done on Version 2, so that if you never, ever end up putting out something playable, we can at least see what might have been? :p

At this point, I see no reason there won't be another restart or two down the road, and it's been years. Might as well let us play with some goodies in the meantime?

6. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire Well-Known Member Member

Okay... you bumped a two month old topic to ask that... but to go an pretty much demand that Stephen release what he's done, because you don't think it'll ever get completely finished?

That's it. You're warned.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

Okay, I see absolutely no reason why he should have been warned. I'm reversing it.

It's pretty hard to post in a dead topic without bumping it...

8. Sephiroth

Then again, he did pretty much demand for Stephen to produce something. If he was asking when we could expect a beta, then that would be fine, but DEMANDING one is pretty bad, and not very polite in the least.

While we are on topic though, how is this coming along, Stephen?

9. StephenUK

To be honest, I've not worked on this in a hell of a long time. I've been busy doing art for Megamix and have been working on the ASM side of Sonic Remix, and at the moment, I just haven't got the time or the patience to work on it. Once I finish my latest Megamix zone, I'll be taking a short break to concentrate my attentions on some more important matters and maybe do a little on Remix again.

I will get back to this hack and one day, even if it takes 10 years, it will be finished. I tend to hack when I have the sudden urge to do something, as Tweaker found out when he asked me to do something and I said I didn't have the patience to do it, only to change my mind and present him with the work about a week later.

10. Rush

Rush Newcomer Member

This hack looks pretty awesome. Really nice artwork. Can't wait for release.

Also, name 'Project Chaos' reminds me about famous collaboration remix album from OCRemix :)

11. Sephiroth

Woah, major fucking bump there.

I think that the OCRemix version came AFTER this one, so stealing, anyone?

Anyway, since someone bumped this topic from the stone age, any updates to this? I don't want a sexy hack going to waste. =P

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

From what I heard I don't think it is...

13. Sephiroth

I seriously hope this gets continued. I really liked where this was going last time I had heard from it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008
  14. StephenUK

I'm not going to issue a warn or anything like that, coz even though it's a huge bump, I've pretty much neglected posting about anything I've been doing and there aren't really that many topic in this subforum for it to "bump" as such.

As for updates, they'll be coming soon. Just got a bit of shit to finish and then I'll release the new demo on my 21st birthday, although the demo should be complete before then.

15. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance Well-Known Member Member

It's spam like this that kept me away from this board and S2B for a while. You guys have the title of "MEMBER" for a reason. I'm surprised it's not "MISFIT" yet.

Back on topic, I'm very excited Stephen to see updates for Project Chaos. When I saw updates to this topic, I became overly excited to see what you have come up with over the past year. Not only is a demo on your 21st birthday cool enough, but so is being able to drink legally (in the US of course. :) ).

16. StephenUK

I've actually been able to drink legally since I was 18, and I've been taking full advantage of that law =P

17. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

And hasn't stopped jumping over bins, but then actually tripping over it and making himself bleed ever since.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
  18. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance Well-Known Member Member

Yeah, well I like to think the limit in the US is 18, but hell no. They had to move it to 21 roughly a century ago. :p

19. Ivy

Ivy Guest

I must say, it looks really impressive. Implementing Time Travel in Sonic 2 is no easy task. I guess when you figure out how to make an object to switch the level slot and reload it's not too hard, but it's a lot of work implementing the time zones themselves.

20. Chaos Hedgie

Chaos Hedgie I'm 30 years old, with a OC. You'll live. Member

I think they should move the draft age up to 21 also. Hell, if I'm gonna die in a war, at least let me get fucked up before I die.

And yeah, can't wait until it comes out, I've been waiting since I was 14 just about, and I'm almost 18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.