Sonic: Project Chaos

Discussion in 'Staff Projects' started by StephenUK, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kain

Kain Well-Known Member Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  2. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance Well-Known Member Member

The reason why they keep the draft age at 18 is because the younger, the stronger. Also, being enlisted promises scholarships for the college of your choice for performing military service. Some people just can't afford college. Thus, this is why the age stays at 18. 21 would be pointless.

3. Ashy-Bridge

Ashy-Bridge Newcomer Trialist

Sorry if this sounds rude or anything, but hasn't it past your birthday? o.o;

EDIT: Ahh crap. Apologies, I didn't notice the date, I need to start wearing my glasses. --

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  4. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Yeah sorry about the delay, I've just had a bit too much real life shit going on to find the time to finish up. If I don't finish it up any time soon I'll release my old version with Green Hill and Great Gate in, so at least I'll release something.

5. Ashy-Bridge

Ashy-Bridge Newcomer Trialist

Ah, right. Looking forward to a release. :)

6. Super

Super I actually joined in '05. My postcount is roughly Trialist

Amazing, I never thought I'd see anything for at least another year. I'm not teasing nor complaining, a release is just unexpected.

7. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

please have shadow... please have shadow... please have shadow... please have shadow... please have shadow...

Yes, I seen that YouTube vid with Project Chaos and Shadow.

8. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

I think I read somewhere that Stephen is only going to be using the original characters (Sonic, Tails & Knuckles) in this version.

Besides, Shadow can now be counted as an overused extra character.

Just take your time until the new version is ready for a demo but that earlier version could be uploaded to the site as well.

9. SeanieB

SeanieB Dude! Root Admin

No. Shadow is a WAY dead character - favorited of the Sonic Stadium style fan-base otherwise known as the generation that thinks Sonic Adventure for the DC is old fashioned, and the Sonic Hereos is awesome.

I thought the character was stupid when playing SA2 and dieing on one of the last levels (the one with all the rails) and he would sigh "Maria...." What kinda tough character is supposed to sound like a little lovesick emo?

And another thing is, It'd be hard to jump through the hoops with palette changes to load a black and red palette and integrate it well into the game's aesthetics

/rant

EDIT: Damnit, I just bumped another old topic, it's like walking on eggshells with all this old stuff on here :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2008
  10. tbutler98

tbutler98 Newcomer Trialist

I'm glad to hear updates on Sonic Project Chaos I can't wait to play the demo.

11. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

If the bump is relevant to the topic, then we don't give a shit.

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

I'd personally have phrased that a bit different, you make it sound like we only take an interest in what people have to say when someone breaks the rules =P

13. SeanieB

SeanieB Dude! Root Admin

I agree, it does make you come off just like Qjimbo says - you sound like you only care about paying attention to rule infractions rather than relevant content or good community participation etc. Bad choice of words.

By the way - in an attempt to regain the current topic - nice work on Project Chaos, Stephen, looks very promising, I don't see any blaring issues, it looks fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  14. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

I do admit, my post didn't come across well, but at the time of posting I wasn't in the best of moods. Fucking Konami!

Basically, bumping is frowned upon, but if your post is going to contribute to a "frozen" discussion then fell free to put your view across, you won't be set upon by the wolves. It's bumping just to post some lulz or arse kissing shit that will have you sporting a new, freshly torn arsehole.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  15. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Pr0j3ct ChA05 rUl3S! lulz

16. RatedRStarr

RatedRStarr Rated R Superstar Member

I'm liking the content this hack has, it has to very good when it comes out maybe better than megamix. I should get my hack out there I've been working on it for a while.

17. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Well megamix is of sonic 1, not sonic 2. Last I heard, Stephen wasn't really in the hacking mood >.>

18. RatedRStarr

I'm just saying Megamix is the best known hack out here. Megamix is different as in different I mean great especially they hacked sonic 1 and turned it into a sonic 3 and knuckles type of game. My only problem with megamix is they need to add tails along with sonic. I'm more of a sonic and tails person. I like playing hacks with tails.

19. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

It isn't really much of an S3K type of game, more of a clusterfuck of every Sonic game known to man. That being said in a good way of course. Also, I don't think they intend on adding a Sonic and Tails feature (but then again, they may already be doing that or planning on it, I'm not part of Team Megamix, so I wouldn't know.)

Also, Tails is already in there. You probably haven't visited Sonic Retro in a while, or read the topic here that was initially about the End of Megamix, iirc. Because one of the people that got the private betas had a disagreement or something, I don't know the details. All I know of it is that a beta got leaked, and it had Tails and Knuckles as extra characters.

So yeah, you got your wish in thatpart. =P

20. RatedRStarr

Seph I read the end of megamix, and it wasn't good. megamix inspired me to do my sonic 3 and knuckles hack something of what I heard never been done in terms of recreating every level and palettes. I'm not even 50% done with my Knuckles and Tails hack. And question the person with beta can he recreate it and make it his own? because that is pretty messed up if the person isn't even part of team megamix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.