Sonic: Project Chaos

Discussion in 'Staff Projects' started by StephenUK, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

Well he didn't want to say it was his and recreate it as his own. I think he just wanted to piss Tweaker off or something. Like I said, I don't know the details.

Also, good luck with hacking S3K. It's fucking impossible.

Well, unless you can get the ESE ASM Level Editor to work properly, but you would need an S3K or an SK disassembly to get it to work. I wish you the best of luck with that.

2. RatedRStarr

RatedRStarr Rated R Superstar Member

in my first release of knuckles and Tails i removed some levels to make it easier on myself. I got hydrocity, icecap, sky sanctuary, and at least another level done. I had to redesign icecap to utilize knuckles climbing and tails flying, as well as hydrocity. in my time off from retrohack i was working hard on my knuckles and tails hack.

3. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Cool can't wait till the demo comes out ;).........anyway come 2 think of it i have this game (i think it's an earlier version) it only has Sonic & Shadow as playable characters.......... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  4. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

Yeah sure, but make sure to read THIS before you post. It makes you awesome. ;)

5. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Thanks I guess........ ;)

6. Estlib

Estlib Sahkamina Member

I humbly apologise for bumping this old-old thread but if im curious about one hack it would be pre 2007 project chaos (and not megamix because megamix was actually developed and i didnt heard much of this one). There are 3 biggest hacks i ever know of: Sonic 1 - Extended Edition, Sonic 1 Megamix and Sonic: Project Chaos. S1ee is a hack that is pretty much "frozen" from my point of wiev. Sonic 1 Megamix got cancelled (Thanks alot nineko! ;) ) and project chaos is pretty much unknown hack to me.. i did found a very early beta of the pre-2007 version (i doubt i still have it). So the point of this is... is this hack cancelled? if so then why ive only seen ONE beta only on internet? i know that there were more later betas than the one i have but i havent seen a trace of them... so... if anyone got some leads to some releases of it, plz direct me. i also have a bad hunch that this is cancelled too in favor of prosonic engine... :p

(im afraid that i shouldnt have made this post... i think ill hide! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  7. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

The reason that you won't find any betas of it online is because I pulled down all the links to the file quite some time ago and never released anything since. A select few people still receive betas every so often, but work on it is fairly slow at the moment. A few zones are currently in the process of being made, with zone concept designs being created with the help of Hoohaz, the original creator of Great Gate Zone. I won't post any screens at the moment since a lot of things are still in the early stages, due to me starting over somewhat recently.

I will eventually get around to posting updates, but for now, you'll just have to stick with previous updates, since all the old stuff will be returning with a lot more besides.

8. Estlib

Estlib Sahkamina Member

some people have downloaded the files back when they were up so taking it logically, they must have it somewhere (probably buried somewhere in the harddrive).

Can i do some zone art? (i have something sizzling in the oven... B) )

9. StephenUK

Well I'm open to ideas and concept art and such, but I usually like to put the zones together myself. Feel free to post some of your work though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  10. Estlib

Estlib Sahkamina Member

Like this?:

[​IMG]

using nicogens's old marble zone palette,

some stuff drawn right out of the dream i saw last night,

inspired from spring yard zone & this:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  11. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

You made this for me? If StephenUK doesn't want it then i'll gladly take it (damn you collision :p). Fucking sex, as I've said before. :p

12. StephenUK

Very nice, I'm pretty impressed. That first pic in particular doesn't really fit in with any zone idea I currently have, but I may post a game plan soon and if you wish to make contributions, they will be seriously considered. Credit will be given for all work used as always.

13. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r HighKnights Member

Nice to know my work has inspired someone. =P

14. theocas

theocas #! Member

How'd you implement the save state feature? I want save states in my S1 hack! Love this so far!

15. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Seeing as Stephen has cancelled this project in favour of another project, there's no longer a reason to keep this thread open. It shall be retained for archival purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.