South Island Takeover [First Public Build]

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Giovanni, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

WARNING!
    This thread is showing a currently in development project.
    Please, do not upload footage of this hack unless I say otherwise.

The creator of "Sonic 1 - Invisible Madness" presents...

South Island Takeover

Story
    Robotnik, after many attempts, finally conquers South Island, and is soon going to transform it into his metallic empire!
    Will Sonic stop Robotnik and restore South Island?

What this hack currently features:

This hack features:
    • Green Hill Zone, with a new palette, 3 brand new and longer acts and a slightly harder boss
    • The addition of the Spindash*
    • Many other minor changes/bugfixes*
    Screenshots
    Screenshot 1.PNG Screenshot 2.PNG Screenshot 3.PNG

Hello, everyone!
    I am Giovanni, also known as VeryCoolGiova, and I am the creator of this hack.
    I would like you to consider this an apology for bringing you bad content, such as the previously mentioned Invisible Madness. I'm trying to put as much effort as I can into this hack, and I really hope you like what you're seeing.
    Please feel free to leave criticism, especially about the palette. I am colorblind, so I may have made mistakes in choosing the colours.

Credits
    Hack idea - Giovanni
    Layout, palette and boss - Giovanni
    ReadySonic - Mercury
    SonLVL - MainMemory
    GitHub Disassembly - Sonic Retro

*This feature is from or contains content from ReadySonic

Download

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

I think that in palette mountains colors doesn't fit for gray sky and water colors, try use more gloomy colors for that, but not various shades of gray, because some would complain about lack of color variety in palette. I can't judge level layout, because I would be fine with majority stuff in level design and it would be unfair if I say everything is ok - try find unfair/repetitive moments in levels for ya and think about new solutions. About bad content in the past don't worry, I did worse shit and I believe there's way worse stuff on the Internet. We'll not reach Sonic 1337 hack reputation, if we'll keep improve. I'm working offline on improving shit too, so goodluck. ;)

kenny0989 and ProjectFM like this.
  3. Jefftastic

Jefftastic n00blet Member

What exactly is a "ReadySonic?"

Well anyway, this hack is not so bad for a start, but i'd be a bit happier if you would add more diversity and give it more of its own identity. Like Xernom said, you should adapt a better color pallete if you're going for the "gloomy" looks.

Wish you good luck!

4. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Jeff:
    ReadySonic

Anyways Giovanni using ReadySonic is fine but I think you should try to learn how ReadySonic does it's changes so you can make more unique stuff in the future.

kenny0989 and Jefftastic like this.
  5. Jefftastic

Jefftastic n00blet Member

Oh yeah! I think I remember one of my friends talking about this. I would try to study what this changes so you can piece together the code better and maybe come up with some unique abilities or level quirks. If you can find the lines it writes to, maybe you could change some things and experiment. Like I said, I see hope for the future!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.