I need help about Music and some other things.

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by B. Comet, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B. Comet

B. Comet Is fun still infinite? Member

For some days, I find myself almost completely demotivated to continue working on my Sonic 1 hack, because of a bunch of issues and a major difficulty on learning on how to fix them or adding features to it.

I tried to search on how to do changes on my Sonic 1 hack music, I found myself completely lost and I ended downloading a bunch of different tools without knowing how to use them. I kinda don't want to use the free assets here, because I wanted my hack to be original as possible without having to share the same music with other hacks.

Same for the coding (is called ASM right?). Editing simple things like expanding the size of the zones. I downloaded a tool to edit the codes and I got no changes at all. Then I don't tried to mess with it anymore and start focusing on the art and layout changes.

So, in short...

I don't know shit about changing music and mess with SMPS and ASM coding. I REALLY need help with those.

2. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

I would totally help out with Mid2SMPS and such. But I can only say that I am knowing really a basic amount of it. Also ASM I would suggest you look up MarkeyJester's guide. Which imo is the best thing I could help you with really. I don't generally like to work within the limits of the Sega Genesis.

3. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

I'm currently working on a majorly updated version of my mid2smps guide, however that probably won't be ready for a long while. The old one should be able to teach you the absolute basics of SMPS and mid2smps, and you should be able to find it in the submissions subforum.

4. kenny0989

kenny0989 Well-known idiot Member

Well, I think the current guide already enough for each SMPS creators, as long as they take inspiration from VGMs, accept criticism, and then improve their work or even create their own FM voice.
    As for updated version of guide, no, you should post it right now since we are all still learning, we aren't wizard of it, and everyone should know to ask for help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.