Mania Mod Loader

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by MainMemory, Sep 1, 2017.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

Two new codes by request:
    • Disable Super Peel-Out Animation
    • Don't Get Extra Life From Rings

2. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

love this its awesome - I was wondering if it would be possible to add a code for continues in save mode? so i dont have to sart back at the start of the first act? and a code for player 2 turns super when player 1 does?

3. MainMemory

If you don't want to start at act 1, why not use the infinite lives code? And as I've said on Retro before, making P2 turn Super would be complicated for several reasons.

New codes:
    • Fix For ERZ Super Sonic Abilities
      Probably different from codenamegamma's fix, but it prevents crashes all the same.
    • Super Forms Can Fly
      Now takes you out of flying state when you lose Super status.
    • Super Dash Costs No Rings
    • Anyone Can Break Breakable Walls By Touching Them
    • Disable Time Over
      The timer just stops at 9:59.
    • 15 Minute Time Limit

4. Dark Lips

does this work with the cracked version? I only ask becasue I am getting pissed off with my steam client it keeps forgetting my password and as it wont let me use my normal password i keep forgetting my password so was just gonna install the cracked version and use that instead if the mod loader works with it. And before people get all arsey and call me captin jack sparrow - I have purchased mania on ps4, xbox one and on steam.

5. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

The cracked version I'm aware of is based on an older version, that isn't compatible with recent versions of the mod loader.

6. MainMemory

I believe there are cracked versions of all the updates, but I can't officially support that.

7. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Oh, you're right.

8. Dark Lips

Mr MainMemory - I have noticed there is a level editor for mania now... I was just wondering if you are intending to add this functianaity to your Sonic level editor? Would be great if you did!!!

9. MainMemory

First off, that question has nothing whatsoever to do with Mania Mod Loader, and is in fact a question that probably belongs in the SonLVL thread. On that subject, I will quote myself from the SonLVL thread on Sonic Retro:
    "Have you looked at the stage format at all? It's way different than the MD games. For starters, it doesn't use chunks or tiles, and secondly, it has completely different types of data. It would definitely have to be a new editor, and I don't feel like taking on that kind of project right now."

And there's no real incentive for me to make my own editor, if I really wanted to, I could contribute to the development of the existing editor.

ProjectFM likes this.
  10. Dark Lips

sorry I realise its beyond the scope of the mod loader thread my bad :( and as for it being different and what not - well i dont bloody know lol, I just ask the quesrtions :p

11. MainMemory

Well I can't think of anywhere better to put this, so here will have to do. I've managed to get Sonic Mania to play SMPS music, but the problem is deciding which music it should play. I've set up a form so people can vote on various songs.

AkumaYin likes this.
  12. MainMemory

13. MainMemory

New version of the mod loader:
    • Added support for downloading mods from GameBanana. Go to the Options tab to install the URL handler.
    • Mods can now specify loop points for songs using a [MusicLoops] section in mod.ini, with values such as GreenHill1=1234
    • Added more clarity to the "unsupported version" message.
    • Added more cheat codes: "Invincibility Lasts Forever", "Speed Shoes Last Forever", "Disable Autosave Popup".
    • "Anyone Can Break Breakable Walls By Touching Them" code now works on LRZ rocks.
    Unfortunately the vgmstream support has hit a dead end for now. I don't know if I'll ever be able to figure out what's wrong with it. I put the code into a separate branch until it can be fixed.

AkumaYin likes this.
  14. MainMemory

KCEXE likes this.
  15. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

Whenever I try to load a scene using the Mod Manager, I'm unable to control Sonic; Player 1s' controls map to Tails, and nothing seems to make Sonic move. This makes the feature almost entirely useless, as I can't move the screen without being able to control Sonic...

16. MainMemory

That's a problem with the game itself, not the mod loader. Really the only thing you can use it for is skipping to the main menu.