Random hack/Mini project thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by DanielHall, May 24, 2010.

1. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

I made a thing. It features Redhotsonic in the old Sonic Nightmare Simulator Remake. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

redhotsonic likes this.
  2. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

I've got one single question about this...

That sound when RHS gets hurt. Was it meant to be in the original hack? Because if the answer is yes, then that could have been an awesome feature! (If it is exclusive to this version, then I would have chosen RHS's voice, because it doesn't really look like that)

HackGame likes this.
  3. ArcaniaCQ

It's part of the Original but not the current build that you can find here. I have no plans however to make RHS playable in any further builds of it tho.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

Download: http://mm.reimuhakurei.net/misc/S3KManiaSS.zip

I've converted the 16 new Blue Sphere layouts from Sonic Mania and put them in a Sonic 3 & Knuckles hack. A couple stages had to be tweaked so they would work properly with S3K (freezes, spheres not turning to rings).

Unfortunately, two of the stages are only accessible with level select and debug mode enabled. Set the sound test to 07 and select Special Stage 1 or 2 to play the last two stages.

5. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

It'd be nice to see the source files for these ported special stages, and/or top-down maps of them, but I've been thinking about this for quite awhile.
    Thank you for porting the Sonic Mania special stages to S3K, it's a real treat to see that someone else had the same idea, let alone carrying through with it.
    And that now I can enjoy these new Special Stages on the 3DS.

LordXernom likes this.
  6. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Excellent work, MainMemory. I recall mention you wanted to do this once maps were acquired for Mania's stages, so I'm quite glad to see you pulled it off. I have a feeling that to fix the broken stages, some logic alterations would need to be made for the Blue Spheres engine, but maybe we'll get to the point where that's more reasonably feasible in the future.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

Niko likes this.
  8. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

YEP. It's exactly what the hack name says. I translated Sonic 1 to German! (At least almost...asides from the HUD xD)

Attached Files:

Niko likes this.
  9. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

@Burst, but the Zone results still don't say "Sonic hat Act 1 fertiggestellt."
    Warum?

I mean, I was just about ready to do this to 2 or 3.

10. Burst

Ernsthaft, ich hab das vergessen. I release a new version soon enough with "Sonic Team praesentiert" and "Sonic hat Act 1 fertiggestellt." xD

11. Trinitronity

Trinitronity Well-Known Member Member

But "Sonic hat Act 1 fertiggestellt" is incorrect german.
    I know that because I speak German.
    Also, didn't Selbi make a German translation of Sonic 1 already?

12. Burst

I'm german aswell. But sometimes, my grammar is shit, lol.
    I'll fix stuff up and release a second version xD

Also, I cannot remember if Selbi did it already...

13. Trinitronity

Trinitronity Well-Known Member Member

Well, he did, but appearantly, he never released it? At least, not officially.
    Anyway, if you need someone to grammar check stuff in your translation, I can be your mega man. :3

Niko and Burst like this.
  14. Burst

I'm back with another hack, but this time, it's not a fun hack, but a GHZ demo of my hack, Sonic 1: Project Energy! It still goes with the name "Burst's Generic Sonic 1 Hack", because in reality, it's nothing more than that as of now. xD
    Of course, it's only layout and palette changed (and music!), but it will become more in the future! :)

[​IMG]

Credits:
    Y
    ou, for playing it, of course!
    Mr. Cat - For palette help
    LordXernom - For providing the soundtrack (asides from the boss theme), also for beta-testing
    A-S-H - For the Boss Theme SMPS (which is Omelette's Theme, which orginated from YeppersPeppers, so also a thanks to him.)
    LakeFeperd and Unlimited Trees - For helping out with Special Stage 1
    Ashuro - For help with coding
    And some others I forgot...

Attached Files:

LordXernom likes this.
  15. ArcaniaCQ

Concidering that Sonic Mania Modding is booming atm so have I stepped up and made a mod. It's WIP but I didn't feel like uploading the entire thing.
    https://gamebanana.com/wips/47793

16. Joshwoakes

Joshwoakes Active Sonic Hacker Member

So here I am in a christmas spirit, releasing my delayed second version of a christmas themed hack on the forums. Some of you may remember this christmas hack from last year and may have played it. however this year i'm releasing a 2017 update for it. So here it is.

Mini hack title: Sonic 1 JW Christmas Mini Hack (Christmas 2017 Update)
    Download: www.mediafire.com/file/iaw39gvglsz0o6y/S1JWChristmasMiniHack_%282017_V2%29.bin
    Gameplay Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLcaChEP85s

Changes from last year's version:
    • Updated sprites
    • Updated\improved art
    • The soundtrack of the hack is now PCM based instead of the poorly made smps from last year.
    • Level layout changes
    • A few other miscellaneous changes.

Also, yet another special thanks to @PineappleArseTheGrinch for helping out and updating the art from last year.

Anyway. Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year.

17. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

This was way harder to make than I thought it would be.

Download

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Hahaha, aaahahahahahaha...

...oooohhhhh that's good. That's hella good~ Got a good laugh out of that, nice one!

Now we just need to get some let's players to play it blind =O

Niko likes this.
  19. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

I'm working on my own scaling code and here are the results so far. I used this demo as a base mainly because it was convenient. My goal is to get the code as optimized as possible so I can scale some sprites in-game. Even if the sprite can only be 4 tiles large to run at a decent frame rate I'll be happy. I still need to make it scale vertically. The edge of the image is dependent on tile, not pixel, because it quick to do, but I'm going to fix that. For some reason the full image won't display, but my code should be working with the full image. The scaling is applied every 2 pixels because that is what is contained in each byte and I don't think it is worth sacrificing frame rate for a little bit of extra quality. My estimate for the current frame rate is 1 frame per second. The entire rom uses $20 bytes of RAM.

Pressing left and right scales it with an increasing value resulting in a smaller image. Pressing up or down is meant to use raster effects to scale vertically like in the original demo, but it doesn't work right due to interrupts being disabled in order for the scaling code to work. Is there a way I can allow the scaling code to work without disable interrupts so I can keep track of the frame rate?

Attached Files:

• test.bin
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
    FireRat, MarkeyJester and LordXernom like this.
  20. Mathew osai

Mathew osai Newcomer Exiled

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022