Updates to the Rules

Discussion in 'Site News' started by LazloPsylus, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    I mentioned before that we would keep the community updated on rule adjustments, additions, removals, etc. Here's where we're going to (hopefully) keep those documented.

The thread is locked from comments, as this is supposed to purely be notification. If you want to discuss changes, open a thread for it. I'm not trying to stifle discussion by doing this, I'm just trying to keep the changelist organized.

So, the first change to document is an addition to the "Additional Guidelines". It is the following:

- Before bumping, ask yourself "Am I adding something to the conversation by doing this?" If not, don't do it.

This was added due to concerns brought up by the staff in regards to issues with bumping threads.

2. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Added a new additional guideline regarding large signatures. Please be considerate of others and follow it. We would rather not have to go around and remove disruptively large signatures.

3. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Regarding this, while political threads won't be banned as such, because decent discussions can be had, anybody engaging in flame wars or any other bullshit will find the thread trashed, and depending on the incident further action may be taken. We're all supposed to be reasonable human beings here, let's try acting like it.

4. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Updates have been made to guidelines. New additions include guidelines for proxy-posting and begging for help. Please review and take them into account.

Deactivated Account likes this.
  5. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Again, we have to say this about proxy posting, because it is still going on with regards to a particular banned member who is continually evading by trying to get through Validation.

Anyone who wants to use this website and participate in it, should not be posting content on here or Discord or IRC just to relay things over to a person that cannot be on here.

We already denied membership after a trial period to one person who was caught in the act of posting for someone. We found another person on Discord today doing the same.

We will crack down harder if required, if this person does not get the hint, that getting other people involved in their mess, will hit more people than just this one ban evader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.