Sonic The Hedgehog & Ashuro

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Ashuro, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashuro

Ashuro Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death Member

To choose Ashuro the badger in the level select, simply hold "B" and press start on a level entry.
    Also: Metal Sonic : When you finishing the game with the seven Chaos Emeralds, hold "C" and press start in any zone entry of the level select to play as Metal Sonic in a quick new story.

Interesting too!

2. Mark Travis

Mark Travis Newcomer Trialist

hey if i may ask is this runnable on the original genesis hardware?... just curious

3. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    The hack is playable on hardware, though the SHC 2017 build has a DMA bug that has been discussed in another thread that breaks all palette handling. It's a fixable bug if you know where to look, but otherwise, Ashuro will need to release an updated version with the corrected DMA to be fully playable on hardware as intended.

Ashuro likes this.
  4. Greenknight9000

Greenknight9000 Well-Known Member Member

I found a SERIOUSLY gamebreaking bug (I was playing it on Gens GX on Wii)
    I reset the game half way through the game, and when it loaded the Tutorial level, it was filled with water, fell for a brief moment (there was no zone, only Labyrinth palette'd water) and then suddenly crashed with an Illegal Instruction error, if you reset on ANY level that's not Grass Garden Act 1, then it'll crash, sometimes with a LINE 1111 EMULATION error depending on the level
    even more strange is that once I hit the reset button, it INSTANTLY booted into the same crash screen, forcing me to hard reset.

This here is my own footage as proof

Ashuro likes this.
  5. Ashuro

Ashuro Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death Member

Hello! Yes i've fixed this DMA bug, but i'm trying to fix some other bugs, then i'll upload an update. Thank you very much!

Hello, this bug happens with the "Soft reset" of Kega Fusion for example. But not with the Hard Reset.
    I actually try to fix it. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.