SMPS Competition on Front Page?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by NiphFM, Jan 9, 2018.

1. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

Hey. So, I've noticed that the SMPS Competition hasn't been getting many entries as of late and it has got me think as to why, so I sat down and had a good think and one of the reasons may be that the competition just isn't being seen by potential contestants. Would it be possible for the SMPS Competition's subforum to be placed on the front page?

LordXernom, ProjectFM and AkumaYin like this.
  2. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Nowadays I don't anticipate, because I'm too busy with requests on Youtube, making content for other community of other game and real life stuff I do. And I also wanna take time and learn more about SMPS/hacking, before I try anticipate in any contest. My suggestion for competition is to add rewards for second and third place, not just a winner - they could also select own music request for SMPS and voting would tell which one would win. This could increase interest and stuff people want I guess.

NiphFM likes this.
  3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I speak for everyone when I say, we're far to busy to contribute into a music contest.

There's nothing wrong with the contest, it's just us.

I don't think having the contest on the front page is going to boost it, but at the same time, it isn't going to decrease, so there's nothing to lose by doing that.

redhotsonic, M.N.K. and NiphFM like this.
  4. Pineapple Arse

Pineapple Arse I ironically hate cold temperatures. Member

Not to be rude, but the times picked for the competitions are terrible. For the last two competitions, you've set it to the beginning of the school year, and christmas time. Maybe more people will participate if the time for it is changed, but I do agree there should be a section under the front for the competition.

5. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Also, the songs picked are terrible. I do not have time to work on SMPS a lot, so having to deal with MIDI shit does not add to my enthusiasm. Simply, the songs I dont care much for or are too much work to give enough of a shit to work on.

FохConED likes this.
  6. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Perhaps it may be worth taking a break for a few months.

NiphFM likes this.
  7. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

Huh, I didn't realise how busy people were around Christmas. I mean, personally speaking, I only went out on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve and had absolutely nothing to do in between and afterwards, and just assumed it would be at least somewhat similar for everyone. And for the start of the school year, I simply didn't know. Australia goes back to school at the start of February, so it's still holidays for me.

After the current round ends, I'll probably put the competition on a hiatus and re-think the rules, taking into consideration any suggestions.

@Natsumi In regard to song choices, I can't control them unless I win, so I can't help you there. :p

LordXernom likes this.
  8. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

I was merely explaining why I am not entering lately.