The future of SSRG... without SSRG

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Clownacy, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

People of SSRG, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that, starting today, ROM hacking is officially, and completely, forbidden.

Though this may seem senseless at first, we have decided to follow in the footsteps of some of the greatest game producers of our time, and not allow fan creations that draw any influence from Sega's works.

In addition to this, we will rebrand ourselves as the Sonic Stuff Reverence Group: dedicated to voicing our endless and unconditional praise of Sega and all their works. But no fanart, no music remixes, fangames, and especially no hacks.

You must understand, Sega's characters and other properties are not to be depicted without permission, and to make such creations without their blessing is an act of blasphemy, as well as a sickening violation of Sega's intellectual rights.

Do not be fooled: the people who create these works do not do so because they respect and admire Sega, and wish to show their creative strengths while spreading the word of Sega and their great IPs such as Sonic the Hedgehog. No, they instead seek to erode Sega's foundations, and collapse their entire empire! As true fans of Sega, we simply cannot allow this to happen.

As our bold first step into this new era of darkness, we have already begun taking legal action against the Another Classic Sonic Sequel project, for the heinous act of being made by fans. We hope you will instead invest your time and money in the upcoming Sonic Mania Plus... also made by fans.

Alright, that's the Easter post out of the way... I wonder what I should write for April Fools'?

Niko, NiphFM, ProjectFM and 7 others like this.
  2. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

SEGA is gay.

3. Unused Account

Unused Account Well-Known Member Member

Guess you could call them SEGAY.
    Man I'm hilarious

AkumaYin likes this.
  4. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

But what if I hate SEGA? I cant very well be a respected contributing member if I cant make a mockery out of them anymore... Then again, I guess moving under a bridge doesnt seem too bad of an idea, now that I seriously consider it

AkumaYin likes this.
  5. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

It's okay, everyone. I'll start a new Sonic community called the Sonic Stuff Resistance Group and it will have blackjack and hookers!

I hope the staff don't see this.

6. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Let it be known from here on out that all those who speak ill of the glorious company that is SEGA shall be publicly branded as a "SEGA" hater, and will have an accompanying sickly green banner and name to showcase their disgusting ignorance.

Shame on you.

Unused Account likes this.
  7. Devon

Eat a box of Super Dickmanns. >:3

8. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

Well, it had to happen one day.
    Of course, I'll buy Sonic Mania plus. And will stop playing fan-hacks.
    It has been a good run. But it's over.

I hope people don't take this too seriously... xD

9. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Well shit, this is worse. A public humiliation, too. How will I ever survive of this embarassing turn of events? Someone out there, help me god damn it!

10. Devon

We beat them up after school and steal their lunch money, that's how!

11. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

SEGA is a company that has made some amazing games, but lately the more notable things they've done are making sub-par Sonic games and doing nothing with their many beloved IPs. That is my opinion and no one can keep me from spreading it.

Edit: God Damnit

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  12. Misinko

I swear, before the day's done, the entire forum will be green...

ProjectFM likes this.
  13. NyaNyaLily

NyaNyaLily h Member

Good thing that green is my favourite colour.

AkumaYin likes this.
  14. Pineapple Arse

Pineapple Arse I ironically hate cold temperatures. Member

Sega has always been incompetent in their game decisions. They always wanted to make weeb games for edgy 13 year old girls, but they seem to forget that the majority of the fanbase wants to watch the mating season of the animal called a "bird". Hopefully, they'll change their theme one day to appease us all.

15. NyaNyaLily

NyaNyaLily h Member

Question, what happens when a trail member gets the "SEGA hater" rank? Do they get full access to the forum or do they still have the same rights as a normal trail member?

Because if the former is the case, then a trail member could just spam hate messages about SEGA and still get a full membership. That would be a pretty broken system.

16. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

Sorry delete this

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  17. Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ Newcomer Jesus

Thank you my son, you shall ascend for your sinless nature

The rest of my children, I can only pray that my father shall forgive you for your crimes

18. nikitpad

nikitpad Newcomer Member

Boy, is it a shame that SEGA has completely abandoned Mario... Everything about that plumber was perfect. I just don't understand why they had to replace him with THAT dumb cocky blue hedgehog this entire forum is on about.
    His character design is a mistake, his look and appearance make the player feel uncomfortable. What's even worse is the games and their design, these dumb money-hungry pricks just never listen. They thought if it sells good, then it is fine? They do not even try to make good games, they just keep draining money out of the naive ones, those who think what these villains do is good enough.
    Well, let's prove them wrong. I declare war. We need to make even more fan-made content to show them HOW much better the fans can do than them. We will get those idiots out of business because nobody will want to buy their horrible, absurd products and maybe THEN they will listen. For a first step, I suggest getting a refund for EVERY SEGA product you can get one for, before it is too late. From that point, you will know what to do. Remember, if you want to fight, you need to start to take action right now.

ProjectFM likes this.
  19. Misinko

As it stands, the latter should be true.

20. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Why would you want to anyone eat me?

ProjectFM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.