General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. NyaNyaLily

NyaNyaLily h Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Angel X, Niko, RouRouRou and 2 others like this.
  2. Unused Account

Unused Account Well-Known Member Member

Really liking that GHZ layout, feels really fast and fluid. Not sure about the use of the speedbooster though.

Since I've been working on this S1 hack for a while but never shared anything, I'll post a bit of what's currently obviously a GHZ replacement. Not sure about how to make custom graphics at the moment.

...Seems like I have to adjust the placement of the second spring though.

Niko likes this.
  3. maple_t

maple_t Exists Member

I still haven't finished that darned bush, but I've finished drawing the tree's thing. Also, I'm still adjusting Sonic's palette at the moment, and it looks a little better now imo
    [​IMG]

ProjectFM, RouRouRou and jubbalub like this.
  4. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

upload_2018-8-5_14-1-4.png

5. MegaT

MegaT Newcomer Member

This took like 2 days and I'm still not done, I also need to add in the orbs.[​IMG]

maple_t likes this.
  6. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

The sound in this first video didn't get recorded properly...

So here's the music for the menu.

In other news, Mega Man X in Sonic 2 is going really, really well thus far. It might even make the Contest deadline!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Angel X, EMK-20218, Niko and 14 others like this.
  7. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Just a random idea, what if you defaulted the "blank" times to 9:59 instead of 0:00? If no sram is found, set everything to 9:59, so the player either beats it, or ties it, or dies. The behaviour then would be correct in all three cases (e.g. the stored time updates if you beat it, it stays the same otherwise, signifying that the time for that level is either still blank, or that the player actually made a legit 9:59; as I said, correct behaviour in all cases).

Also yeah, awesome stuff.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  8. Pacca

I've considered it... I don't know, formatting that specific swath of SRAM to symbolize 9:59 would be kind of annoying, especially since it technically could span up to $B9 words worth (Since S2CDR has lots of potential zone slots that might one day end up on Time Attack). Plus doing so could make reorganizing SRAM layouts in the future even more difficult. It's a good idea, just one I don't feel is worth implementing right now; maybe I'll change my mind later.

Oh, and while I'm here, have a bonus meme:

Angel X, EMK-20218, Niko and 3 others like this.
  9. Tanman Tanner

Tanman Tanner Well-Known Member Member

Man, now my thing is gonna look unimpressive. Oh well, here we go:
    After Sonic 3 & Tails unfortunately bit the dust, Sonic 4 & Knuckles took its place.
    So far, all I can offer you is a SSRG intro and the Advanced Error Handler & Debugger installed.

Expect more updates soon.

10. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

Take a sneak peak at the lush hills of Eternity Island Zone, the opening zone of the game! Blaze along the grassy paths and swing on vines -- all while admiring the otherworldly skyscapes of Sonic's world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Artwork by @Mr. Cat
    This is just WIP, not final version

Nocedk, Angel X, EMK-20218 and 19 others like this.
  11. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

This is an absolutely huge improvement from previous works!

I am pleased to see his line dithering obsession has dropped, and in favour of using the right techniques in the right place, and at the right time, the graphics are definitely benefiting from it (seriously, I am so glad he took that on board, past works were suffering). The FG doesn't clash with the BG, and the tiling is hard to see which is certainly what you want. Dithering hasn't been used in places it isn't needed (again, a huge improvement from previously, though the sky seems to suffer a little, but it's understandable, I know how difficult clouds can be), but perhaps the most important part of this, the one thing that's making the art feel smooth, is the colour palette.

Sonic games are known for their high contrast, I've noticed the intentional avoidance of black used, and you've kept to soft light and low contrast looking colours, the lack of black is an interesting one. You may have inadvertently helped me solve a small dilemma surrounding limited colour slots, I shall have to try using less contrast looking colours myself sometime.

Keep up the good work~

Angel X, pixelcat, EMK-20218 and 4 others like this.
  12. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Hmm, is that a character change option that is available once the bar has filled up? Quite interesting gimmick there.

EMK-20218 and AkumaYin like this.
  13. RouRouRou

RouRouRou Ain't no fun if the aliens can't have none. Member

Here I am again, ready to show y'all some things that I did in my spare time.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also Rocky Ruin again, even though nobody could care for that.
    [​IMG]
    The other zones don't have much new with them.

If you're only interested in hack progress, stop reading here.
    So, this is (potentially) my last trial post, or my last post in general. I do hope that I've proven myself to be worthy of promotion, but that's up to the staff. I just want to thank everyone here for being welcoming to me. It's been great here so far and I hope to return to post in future.

Hope you enjoyed the screenshots. I put a lot of work into these zones. What do you think of them?

Until next time, thank you and goodnight.

Edit: Unrelated, but this is General screenshot/movie thread post #2222. Neato.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  14. KrebbitX

KrebbitX Newcomer Trialist

Man, that looks absolutely stunning. Mr Cat does a great job with literally everything.

I gotta say though, Sonic infront of the grass kinda feels awkward, like the first thing you notice before you actually look at the art (imo). It kinda disturbs the flow of Perfect Grass Level.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  15. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

On today's episode of Novedicus Gets Bored A Lot, I just did this. May use in a future project.

16. RouRouRou

RouRouRou Ain't no fun if the aliens can't have none. Member

Neat, that's Giygas right? I haven't actually played Earthbound myself, I know who it is. It's hard to tell what you're doing in the video but it looks like you're clicking some kind of remote to change the distortion of it. (Using a light blaster?) It's pretty difficult to figure it out in the dark, but it's pretty neat nonetheless. I like it.

17. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

Yes, I used the Giygas background.

I was running this on an actual Genesis, so that was a controller.

18. Pacca

19. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

I'm not sure if it's the video quality, or the samples you used, but the charge shot sounds a bit low pitched to me.
    That, and the uncharged shot sounds really weird in the video, but that's probably more due to the output quality with stacked muffling.

Really going above and beyond what I was hoping for, so iI'm totally looking forward to seeing this hack around the corner.
    The additional settings are pretty interesting, as well as the new boss behavior really adds to the immersion of this being a new MegaMan X installment.

As for that big empty rectangle in the main menu, maybe one of the SMS Sonic games' maps, or a pixilated version of any other official South Island map would do. Although, personally, it'd be just as interesting if it was stuck in the alternate mode, where when you press Select in the X games, it just tells you about the last selected stage (or boss) via text.

20. maple_t

maple_t Exists Member

[​IMG]
    Although I was able to clean up the bush a little, it kinda looks...empty now.