Sonic Hacking Contest 2018

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by Spanner, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

[​IMG]

Today is the LAST day of Community Trophy voting! Please make sure you make your picks before it's too late!

If you've not got an account, have played the entries and want to vote, sign up now at http://sonichacking.org/ and pick the winners!

The results of these and the Judged Trophies will be on Sunday at 8pm GMT / 3pm EST / 12pm PST on MegaGWolf's channel!

Deactivated Account likes this.
  2. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox SSF1991 Member

Day 6 is a go, and so is my stream! You can watch it here.

3. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    ALRIGHTY FOLKS!!!!!

There are only a few hours left until the Community Voting ends! Please hurry and make your votes final, your votes count!

4. RouRouRou

RouRouRou Ain't no fun if the aliens can't have none. Member

Well, I've finalised my votes, so it's time to sit back and do... something?
    Best of luck to everyone else in the contest, it's been a wild ride trying your entries.

Also hi SuperEgg.

5. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Our final streams of the week. Please note that the Results Show may run longer than expected so the final stream may start later than stated.

[​IMG]

As like previous years, the Results Show is when you'll first hear about the winners of this year's Contest. After the show is over, a new thread will be posted on here.

6. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Saturday was my last day doing any SHC activities. All I have to say is thank you. I'm glad I could help some streamers get "pass" BGZ2. And everyone's reaction to the title screen was great, especially MegaGWolf's. I'm also now working on 3 hacks for SHC 2019; Sonic Kyukyoku [Built from the ground up], Sonic Gamma [A polished version of Kyu 2018], and Tails' Tales [A retelling of Tails Adventures]. It's been a good week.
    See you next year, and God fucking dammit to you all.

7. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

I, however, would in fact suggest a split. The processes of hacking/modding 2D games and modding 3D games are so different as well as the kinds of finished products that I'd say trying to compare them is unfair.

...and let's face it, that would be a better split than what Sega Homebrew Competition was.

MarkeyJester likes this.
  8. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox SSF1991 Member

Hard to believe, but my SHC 2018 finale stream is getting underway. Time to end my streaming coverage in style. Join me here!

9. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

10. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

Finally, I voted, ladies and gentlemen I hope that the best hack wins in this hacking expo. I've seen that the majority of the hacks are incompletes or with the %50 of the progress, but I enjoyed this year with those hacks and I like the power of the newcomers. Keep learning guys and I hope good work next year ;).
    Very promising and talented games I've seen in this SHC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.