General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

@MarkeyJester it seems to me that that's an image being displayed through the Mega Drive (possibly the 32X) But the conversion seems far more clean than say that of Retro Graphics Toolkit. I've also theorized that you broke parts and had them use different palette lines. The art does use a small amount of color variation after all (Pink, beige, white, red, gold) But I'm probably wrong, so, tell me your secrets.

2. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Considering it looks like he took a photo of a TV, I'm guessing it's a direct-colour DMA. Not the kind of thing you'd get running in most emulators.

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

No, the reason I took a photo from hardware was because the colour on emulators is really poor, and the ones that are good at it, have bloody interpolation filters. This is nothing to do with that above, in fact, using that method would remove quite a bit of the details in the image. Furthermore, I wouldn't show off something that's already well established, there would be no point other than to brag.

4. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

Sonic and Friends 2? :V

AkumaYin and pixelcat like this.
  5. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

[​IMG]
    Art is still in development. This is why the blocks are so repetitive overall in the foreground.

B. Comet, Crimson Neo, Niko and 9 others like this.
  6. RouRouRou

RouRouRou Ain't no fun if the aliens can't have none. Member

@EMK-20218 That looks pretty good, I like the background in particular.

@Novedicus What is Sonic & Friends anyway? I can't find anything about it, let alone the download link.

ProjectFM likes this.
  7. BurningFlame

BurningFlame Bang! Member

@EMK-20218 This is some beatiful art, but heck, those BG buildings look so JPEG-ish, I can't even say why, but maybe it's because of your color choices. Overall, I love when people do custom tilesets, and this one looks really awesome for an unfinished one!
    P.S. Just take a look at this building.
    upload_2018-12-10_18-46-55.png

B. Comet likes this.
  8. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

I prefer the low quality buildings actually; they're supposed to be far off in the distance, and the blurriness gives the illusion of unseen details.

9. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

[​IMG]
    Updated. Foreground is made a bit less repetitive and foreground details were added.

10. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

(The latter video has some encoding issue, the scanlines mess-up and there's some weird stuff going on with the frame rate. I tried to convert it to a more failsafe codec before upload, but those gave an even worse result at times (or whatever the proper terminology is, you get the point). Only WMP managed to play it right. To be fair, trying more alternatives at the time just didn't seem worth it)

11. CreepyMystery

CreepyMystery Reminiscence and Semblance Member

I made a new title screen for my project. Any suggestions/criticism?
    s2built008.png

12. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

The PE looks a little stretched, also the title in general is just not centered.

13. BurningFlame

In addition to Iso Kilo's words, I can suggest you reshading your upper part, it doesn't match your shading in lower part, here's an example (btw I tried to fix the C letter but I was too lazy to finish it). Also, I don't think that these dithered tiles at botton of each dark tile are necessary.
    Btw, you should really recenter your logo.
    upload_2018-12-15_11-29-55.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  14. SMS Alfredo

SMS Alfredo Compact Disc Enthusiast Member

Sonic gets a somewhat new move! ...I guess.

15. CreepyMystery

CreepyMystery Reminiscence and Semblance Member

It's pretty nice work, I like how it uses PCM music for the soundtrack, not many people use that. mainly because they don't want to use up ROM space. Although I don't like how it's just a palette edited and layout edited GHZ, maybe you can change up a few tiles and add some new chunks. Anyway, this is a good start, if it would be a project or just a test, I still like what you are doing, and if you keep up, you might make a decent ROM hack.

SMS Alfredo likes this.
  16. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

I see an issue with the quality of the video, if you using Kega Fusion, install the .ini file inside the folder and you must convert the video with some video converter, I recommend export wmw or mp4 for YouTube. And I like the PCM music, the palette is good but, you must reduce a bit the clarity.
    A little suggestion: Double spikes seem to be not good in this case, I know you're learning level design and more, but excuse me, I recommend follow the original level if you want better results. I can help with that if you want but is a nice start, keep it up.

Niko and SMS Alfredo like this.
  17. RouRouRou

RouRouRou Ain't no fun if the aliens can't have none. Member

Just Molten Metro with better stars I guess.
    [​IMG]

18. BurningFlame

@SMS Alfredo, I see an issue with your palette, pink grass is ok, but the ground is a little bit too light and it blends with grass, try making grass or ground darker, because your level needs contrast to look nice.

SMS Alfredo and RouRouRou like this.
  19. SMS Alfredo

SMS Alfredo Compact Disc Enthusiast Member

So I looked through all of Kega Fusion's folders, including the video codec one, and the only .ini I see is the one used by the application itself for the settings.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my version outdated, or do I just have no idea what I'm doing?

Deactivated Account likes this.
  20. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

The .avi format from Kega Fusion has got a glitch generally, like the Gens movie emulator the video compression must be in %75 with Microsoft video codec.
    The .ini file contains the configuration from the recording process for that working correctly, right-click in the .ini file, select install and record again the video. But once finished, you'd have to convert the video with Windows Movie Maker or another program video converter "in case you haven't by default a video converter".

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    EMK-20218 and MarkeyJester like this.