Bitmap MD

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by MarkeyJester, Jan 2, 2019.

1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Hello all, happy new year~

I'm releasing a tool here for Bitmap to Mega Drive graphics conversion, rather than share a bulky post of large text I thought it would be cool to share a video of it in action and all the details required there. I feel you're less likely to dismiss the tool this way.

You can skip to 6:02 if you just want to see the tool in action and how to use it, much of the beginning is merely a history/back-story:

Download

Also, here is an image of the Mega Drives' full palette capabilities (for those interested).

Special thanks to Natsumi for providing feedback and ideas.

If you have any issues with running the tool, do let me know, while I cannot promise a solution or fix, it will at least make me aware of the problem so I can do some research into ways of fixing it for future projects. Please supply what operating system you are running under though.

2. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

[​IMG]

I think I'm using the plane parameter correctly. "-P1" does not work either.

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I honestly didn't think anyone else would use the console window functions, nice!

Looks like I made a boo-boo. I use tables to swap out characters, it allows me to check multiple conditions without actually having to check (i.e. checking for both lower and upper case versions, or preventing certain characters from being outright accepted, or numbers). Well, I used the wrong table for the plane number.

Reuse the download link, I have archived a new build which references the right table this time. Do let me know if this resolves the issue.

nineko and Devon like this.
  4. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

Yup, works perfectly now. Thanks!