[General] Beginner ASM guide

Discussion in 'Approved' started by redhotsonic, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

No, this wasn't bumping. Infact, the simple fact that you were worried about bumping makes me happier than anything else.

2. sonx555

sonx555 Newcomer Exiled

hey Redhotsonic, I'd like to see what I should download to start working with ASM...

3. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Oh no... You just don't get it, do you? I've already told you how to do everything, and you need to get a disssembly first.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
  4. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Hey tuvit1997, how about that second account you made because your original account was sent to Limbo early. Fuck off!

5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Eons ago (26th February 2007 to be precise), I made a basic ASM guide and shared it on the forums here and Sonic Retro. Now there were a few mistakes, and when someone ported it to the Retro wiki, all the colours I did were lost, making my guide quite mis-understanding. For ages now, I've been meaning to update it, but couldn't be arsed.

Until now: How to work with the Motorola 68000 assembly (Basic ASM guide)

I finally decided to get on with it and clear up all the mistakes and even improve on it. Now I must stress, this is for beginners or people who don't know ASM at all. If you have an average understanding of ASM, you might get a few tips reading this, but if you're an expert, then this isn't for you. There are other ASM guides that get very technical. This is just the basics and tried to make it easy to understand.

So to all you new hackers out there, learn the skill to create great MegaDrive hacks today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.