AKIRASONIC first alpha release!

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Trickster, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Trickster

Trickster Well-Known Member Member

upload_2019-6-3_18-58-5.png
    Well, due to people's feedback, and my own progress of the hack, I decided finally to post it!
    If someone doesn't know what it is, it's a modification of S2 which brings a new zone called Palmtree Falls!
    The zone is 100% custom made!

Check my tweet for screenshots:
    https://twitter.com/RhuanGuthierres/status/1135291654225747968
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(I couldn't post them here because I'm in phone and parent kicked me from pc, so I was rushed to finish this post. :/)
    (Edit 2: nevermind! Spanner helped me! He's a nice guy isn't he?)

But welp, as always, here's some advices before playing it.

1. It's HIGHLY WIP, it's far from 25% finished.

2. after the second ramp, disconsider the level design, which was done to test colision, and the flat grass is to showcase the background.

3. if you just press start, you'll play with Sonikko, a brand new (and also WIP) character and star of the hack. It's a inside joke started by Aier and Cinossu. :^P
    To play with sonic alone, check options and put "Sonikko Alone".

4. talking about Markey jester's contribution, I surely saw his help, but I couldn't use his sprites because even though it is nicely done, It has lots of graphics and I need to save tiles and chunks for future level art and objects.
    Even though, I can't say he didn't helped me to come with the (possibly) final result.

5. And last but not least: The main reason of posting it is because the current state of the project is advanced enough to showcase how the final project is going to look like, even though the WIP hack is messy, with lots of unpolished things, broken palletes, and glitches.

If you want to showcase the hack in a video (which likely not gonna happen but still possible)
    PM me to share some promotional stuff.

Anyway, have fun!
    I'll be satisfied with your enjoyment!

AKIRASONIC (early buildo).bin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    AkumaYin, Jdpense, Angel X and 7 others like this.
  2. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

I attached the screenshots for you. Nice work on all this.

Trickster likes this.
  3. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

The level art looks fantastic! I should have looked up Akira Sonic before downloading it, I wasn't expecting his (or her?) standing sprites to look the way they do. xD

Jdpense and Trickster like this.
  4. Trickster

Thanks man! Talking about HER, Sonikko's sprites is outdated!
    The newest one you can find in my twitter! Just be careful about all the NSFW stuff that Sonikko's fans did! I retweet them because whoever it is, I appreciate people who like my stuff! ( TuT)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  5. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

The art is fantastic. Otherwise, I didn't gain anything from playing the hack that I couldn't by just looking at the screenshots you've been posting. There's really no point in playing a hack if there's barely any level design. I recommend getting to work on that, then doing an alpha release.

The music is good and the sprite of Sonikko is well made. I'd like to see her animated.

Jdpense and Trickster like this.
  6. Angel X

Angel X Well-Known Member Member

On this alphastic hack I can say the colors are fantastic,makes the environment alive:D
    About the characters,00 and teleport are the best,please improve them in future versions!

Trickster likes this.
  7. Jdpense

Jdpense Custom Title Member

To be honest, I believe this hack was way to early in development to be to released, since there isn't too much level design finished as a couple of others have stated. Although, I really loved the amount of work that was put into this and I am really excited to see where this project goes!

Ravenfreak and Trickster like this.
  8. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Level have problems. Something in the slopes makes me unable to go through them while rolling or spindash if I don't force the direction for some reason. You should give a look to this because even being tiny, this is annoying as hell and can fuck up the people's experiences in the level. You have some great art there, but you should have worked more of the layout before posting the ROM.

ProjectFM and Trickster like this.
  9. Trickster

Considering @EMK-20218, @ProjectFM , and everyone's opinions about the "Alpha" being too early to be called like that, I decided to change the "alpha release" to "early build".
    What happened? well, I'm a newbie, that's it. :^P
    I didn't know nothing about these names, and I also doesn't know how to change the thread name as well.
    But anyway, thanks EVERYONE for letting me know about this! (and surely for overall feedback.)

Jdpense likes this.