General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

I really dig that underwater palettes. And Sonic's running (?) animation looks really cool.

2. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Thank you! I really appreciate when I do something the people like.
    Thanks, but this is the walking animation.

Crimson Neo likes this.
  3. Trickster

Trickster Well-Known Member Member

I kinda remastered Sonic 2 Beta walking animation.
    I like the design, but I really hate how messy, misplaced, and amateur it looks.
    So, I made it smoother, more detailed, and "organized". I also made a smart pallete that STILL FITS in mega drive hardware!
    AKIRASONIC-walking-animation.gif

I did the same in the running animation. Again, I like the design and that "thing" in the middle of his shoes! ^u^
    AKIRASONIC-running-animation.gif

Also, please consider I made these and the rest of the FULL SHEET around 2016/2017. In that time, I was trying to make this sheet and all other stuff become into a full hack, or a fangame at least.
    And... guess what? I got nothing but frustration.
    Now, in my project AKIRASONIC, I think I'm finally going to wish my old dream of making my stuff useful.

Anyway, I really don't know how to finish this post so... that's it. :v

BurningFlame, NiphFM, maple_t and 8 others like this.
  4. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

I really don't like the high-contrast look.

Trickster likes this.
  5. Trickster

Thanks for telling this, but could you explain more about what you said? Your post is pretty vague and short.

Jdpense and FireRat like this.
  6. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Sonic's blues going from extremely dark to extremely light, instead of more neutral shades like in the original sprites. It just looks unpleasant to me.

Pokepunch, FireRat and Trickster like this.
  7. Trickster

Well, I chosse to make this due to original S2 blue not having too contrast either.
    Like this example.
    upload_2019-6-15_14-30-29.png

upload_2019-6-15_14-30-48.png

That's why I put that amount of contrast, because, It is also unnatural that white dot.
    So yeah, you're right, I'm going to tone down the contrast then. :^]

Attached Files:

Crimson Neo likes this.
  8. Trickster

See this section?
    upload_2019-6-22_16-10-32.png

It only has 4 chunks. Normally It would be needed 5.
    upload_2019-6-22_16-12-14.png

As you can see, I'm not sparing any efforts to save chunks. upload_2019-6-22_16-23-36.png

(btw, It still has the outdated ramp sprite. I wish I had more time to work on It. :^/ )

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    LordXernom, ProjectFM and AkumaYin like this.
  9. maple_t

maple_t Exists Member

So, I've been working on some new palettes for each zone in the game, and here's the new palette for Mystic Cave Zone:

[​IMG]

Oh, and I should briefly explain this is a hack project that aims to give Sonic 2 a new level of replayability and a new experience overall (be it through palette edits and different object placements).

LordXernom and Trickster like this.
  10. Aier

Aier "Aieru Dotsuto" Member

upload_2019-6-22_18-31-56.png

I have been working on this since yesterday. I didn't really like MGZ's FG for this level, so I created custom art, with recycled stuff of course :U

11. breakthetargets

breakthetargets Well-Known Member Member

Well. We did it. My friends Genatari, RigidatoMS, as well as I were able to get PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) on the Sega Genesis. Something that no one has done before... This opens up A LOT of possibilities.

Also. This isn't the only method we discovered for PWM. There's one more that allows us for one channel PWM using SSG-EG.. Issue mainly is that it's limited to one note per patch.... but I still want to look more into that in the future.

12. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

Holy shit. This sounds incredible. Now I really want to learn more about Pulse Width Modulation

13. Jdpense

Jdpense Custom Title Member

I'm back with another update to my project, showcasing a tutorial level for teaching players the proper usage of this hack's power ups...

14. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Interesting! Once again, I do have to criticize the spring power up. It seems to be able to just stop on a dime once you let go of the D-Pad. Otherwise, really cool!

Jdpense and Trickster like this.
  15. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

All of the older levels in Sonic Mania: The Misfits Pack are being retrofitted with new paths/mechanics, better visuals, and overall more polish. Here are a few pictures of the latest version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Release date: When It's Done

16. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

It's looking good so far, my favorites are the Wood Zone because of the use of the saws, it reminds me of a level from Pandemonium and I like Labyrinth Zone for it's more "ruiny" approach =3

It's my birthday today, so I wanted to show something off:

Pop quiz - Which player is the CPU player?

17. AkumaYin

AkumaYin Well-Known Member Exiled

Everything shown looks slick. Quite nice use of shadow and highlight in the menu, and the rotation effects look like something I'd see in a Saturn game.

As for the CPU player, if I had to take a guess, it would be player 2.

Happy birthday as well~

The exterior in Labyrinth (which is a nice nod to Lava Reef) reminds me of Secret Ocean Zone from Sonic Brother Trouble. Not that it's a bad thing at all, I think it's a nice little reference if intended.

ProjectFM likes this.
  18. Trickster

happy birthday Markey! keep doing what you love.
    For the CPU player, I think It's an orange rubber duck.
    upload_2019-7-7_14-25-25.png

VAmoosic likes this.
  19. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

[​IMG]
    Baby steps...

Fantastic work so far man! Also, I assume it's Tails, given how he seems to go after specific patterns of spheres.

MarkeyJester likes this.
  20. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Thanks~ Uhhh, sorry to break it to you, but...

They're both CPU players

The CPU players have been written as if they knew how to play the game, but have never played the level before. They react in a similar fashion to the way a human (or rather I) would have done, so you'll see at the beginning they'll look around to see where the blue spheres are before going, this is typically what a normal person would do upon starting a level. If it doesn't see any blue spheres, it'll go into "roaming mode", where it'll roam around the level and turn/dodge red/bumper spheres, and it'll keep doing this until blue spheres appear on the screen which it can see, the instance it sees a blue sphere, it'll go into "goto mode", here, it'll attempt to goto the blue sphere any way it can, it'll even jump over a series of red/bumper spheres if it thinks it can land and turn to get to the sphere correctly, or else it'll turn and find another route. If it ends up looping around without achieving anything, it goes back to "roaming mode" and looks somewhere else. If it should get to the blue sphere it's found, it'll go into "follow mode", where it'll follow the blue spheres which are next to it (to the left, straight, and to the right), it'll usually turn right first, but if it finds that going right is just a single strand of blue spheres, and going straight or left is a block of blues, then it'll do the block first (This is why the first CPU player in the video always did the 3x3 block before turning to the exit line of blues). While it's in "follow mode" and collecting these blue spheres, it'll be paying attention to blue spheres around it on-screen that might be in the distance, and it'll remember a blue sphere it saw. Once it's finished collecting all of the blue spheres in that group in "follow mode" it'll try to go into "goto mode" and go to the blue sphere it remembered (provided it's not too far away now), if however it sees a closer blue sphere along the way, it'll go for that instead first. If there are no blue spheres to goto that it can see or remember, it'll go back into "roaming mode" and roam around until it finds something. And finally, if it finds itself being in "roaming mode" and being somewhere it's already been before, it'll assume it's not trying hard enough and go into "desperation mode" where it'll roam, but it'll attempt to jump over red/bumper spheres in the attempt to find a different area where there might be blue spheres. In the above video, both CPU players only reached "desperation mode" after all blue spheres were collected, so it really is a last minute desperation thing.

Is this what I think it is? You're making a hack?

Oooooohh this is exciting~ Let's see how you progress, this'd be the perfect opportunity to perform scientific tests on the natural progression of skills >=)