MegaPCM Pitch Calculator

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by LackofTrack, Jul 26, 2019.

1. LackofTrack

LackofTrack Well-Known Member Member

I made these programs awhile back and thought they might be of some use to the community.
    These programs convert sample rates in khz to pitch values you can use with MegaPCM.

I don't know how useful these programs will be now that AMPS/DualPCM is out, but in any case...

Enjoy!

Edit: Very Special Thanks to Novedicus for letting me know ASM68k and AS support decimal numbers. Just don't use the $ prefix when putting in your pitch number and you're set!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    DeltaWooloo, KCEXE, Trickster and 3 others like this.
  2. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

Nice! Me being the trial and error type, I'd always try to figure these out by hand, and then miss minor errors. This will be very helpful!

Trickster and LackofTrack like this.
  3. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

I think people would still use Mega PCM for its simplicity and how easy it is to install it, so I think this would be useful.

In my opinion, though, I think this would work better as a macro, so that you can just have it automatically converted into the correct value on build time. You can set a macro up like so:
    Code:
    macroName macro param1, param2, [...]
        ; INSERT CODE HERE
      endm
    And then you can just insert:
    Code:
    macroName [param1 value], [param2 value], [...]
    where ever you like. The macro name and parameters are obviously up to you.

Also, on a side note, ASM68K and AS are both capable of handling decimal numbers. Just remove the $ prefix and it'll be treated as such.

Trickster, ProjectFM and LackofTrack like this.
  4. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Painto and Pacca like this.
  5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Mega PCM as a driver still has its uses/benefits.

We'll have to nab vlad out of hiatus and get him to implement quotient/fraction pitch control for Mega PCM. While Dual PCM's was out of necessity rather than convenience, it has become quite an asset (very useful), and I think Mega PCM would benefit from having a similar mechanism. I'd do it myself, but I feel this is not for me to tamper with, it should be down entirely to vlad.

If you fill his inbox to the brim, maybe he'll consider >=) (I'm joking by the way, don't do that)

Samey, Painto and AURORA☆FIELDS like this.