General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

I like it! adds a different twist to the wrecking ball, very Sonic Chaos with spring powerup.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Ohhhhhhh I'm dying to see what'll happen next...

[​IMG]

Angel X, pixelcat, Jdpense and 14 others like this.
  3. penPhobic

penPhobic Everything's all topsy-turvy now. Member

It looks like Sonic is glitched or something. Is that intentional?

4. AsuharaMoon

AsuharaMoon kakyoin did you lay this egg Member

Oh yeah, that's a clean 60fps animation alright.

penPhobic likes this.
  5. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

This looks like it could be a result of code which generates in-between frames? Are you taking Sonic Smooth Edition to the Next Level?

EMK-20218 likes this.
  6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Oooh you are quite close ProjectFM, well done!

I'm writing a tool which are auto-interpolate frames to make animations smoother. The result above is very early stages (attempt number 1 if you will), but it looked so cool I felt it would be really awesome to use it in the Multi/Ring-ride hack thing I've been working on.

7. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

[​IMG]
    The collapsing thing.

8. GenesisDoes

GenesisDoes What Nintendont Member

A port of the beta version of Techno Tower Zone from Sonic Crackers to Knuckles Chaotix for a new, in-progress Chaotix hack I'm working on called Knuckles Clackers, which will have a dedicated forum hack thread soon. It's going to be a full-hack with new levels, art, and music.

Behind the scenes, it's currently being created with SonED2 and its Chaotix ROMulan scripts for injecting the levels. Those scripts are being edited for further Chaotix modifications (such as injecting new music and updating the music bank pointer tables, level settings, etc). For now the level port has some bugs due to unedited level settings (DLEs, background parallax, palette cycling, animated art, etc), which will need ASM edits to fix, but it works as a quick PoC.

Research is also being done, including digging through the early Sonic Retro KC disasm, and updating my old SonED2 objdef files with palette fixes, images, and better documented object types (especially for object subtypes which I never documented) for usage and reference in the hack's development. The disasm is being referenced to discover object subtypes, and to find out where those level settings are in the ROM, in order to be patched later with ROMulan to make properly working zones.

9. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

That looks fantastic! It will be great to finally have a fully KC hack, especially since that game is full of missed potential. The last project based on that game doesn't look like will be released anytime soon.

maple_t likes this.
  10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Another step close:

[​IMG]

11. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

@MarkeyJester The fraps are impressive, that is for S3&K Battle Race or for other project?
    Sonic Mania sprites also looks awesome, are you tried to make Sonic Mania sprites also?
    I'm bad for use SonmapED.

Trickster likes this.
  12. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

Running with the Sega Virtua Processor. Gonna try to make something out of this.

13. penPhobic

penPhobic Everything's all topsy-turvy now. Member

My attempt at remaking (or should I say "demaking"?) Ray the Flying Squirrel sprite from Sonic Mania Plus into Sonic 1. Enjoy, I guess.

RayDemakeShowcase.gif

EDIT: Minor fix
    EDIT2: Another fix
    EDIT3: Smol fix

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  14. Devon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

=)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Angel X, Trickster, jubbalub and 10 others like this.
  15. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Say hi to Sparksbee. The new enemy who will be coming soon with Project S.A.M.G !
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Mr. Nouyoule

Mr. Nouyoule Newcomer Spam Bot

I make a rom hack who tell the next of Sonic 1 (even i need help on some things), and i want to show you a preview of the first level.

001.png

Uhh... The background is a little bad (i will use SonMapED for edit it), but the enemies are a lot changed, with my graphics talents, and are a little different (i prefer and mostly i hope the game have changed for do not have the same things and like retry the same game). I need help, because these enemies must have their difference (by example the crabmeat above can randomly fire), and be a little more hard than before, for a new challenge.

Trickster and ProjectFM like this.
  17. Devon

Okay, so, after some discussion with the what's left of Owarisoft, we have come to decide to cancel Dr. Yundong. It was by no means an easy decision, but pretty much nobody is motivated to work on it anymore, and we generally feel the project has become a zombie of some sort. As such, I will be dumping a bunch of videos and screenshots here, and I'll even throw in some extras as well.

Credits
    • BinBowie - Project leader, soundtrack composer, artist, concepts, character designer, dialogue writer
    • VAdaPEGA - Artist, made sound effects, concepts, character designer
    • Novedicus - Programmer, level designer, character designer
    • Natsumi - Programmer, made AMPS
    • TheStoneBanana - Programmer, artist, character designer
    • LooneyDude - Artist
    • Mr. Cat - Artist
    • LuigiXHero - Level designer
    • Dragon Wolf Leo - Character designer
    • TheBlurCafe - Character designer
    • Misinko - Dialogue writer
    • Brent Rigby - Diagloue writer
    • Ozaleto - Betatesting
    • staticj3ff - Betatesting
    • MarkeyJester - Made Dual PCM
    • Pablo's Corner - "Good Night" sample
    • KingOfHarts - Being a character in the game
    • JoenickROS - Being the main villain of the game

Notes
    • For level names, the smiley and sad faces represent "act 1" and " act 2" respectively.
    • Lover's sprites were originally done in the Sonic 1 art style, but most of them have been changed to VAdaPEGA's art style.
    • There's a lot of placeholder/unfinished assets here.
    Wiki Page

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  18. Trickster

Trickster Well-Known Member Member

Well, you know what they say... Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Frankly, this project was the embodiment of three characteristics that I strongly, strongly LOVE seeing it in whatever media I entertain.

Dedication/hardwork, silly jokes, and creativity.

This project had all of them in it's own core.

While I unfortunalety will never see it finished, and neither playing it. I'm glad for seeing every eyecandy screenshot and gameplay. I'm that type of artist who LOVES seeing each frame of a detailed and fluid piece of animation, Y'know? :v

Anyway, I hope the best for you, and everyone else who worked hard in this project. While you, and neither I isn't happy for it being canceled. I truly believe It was an important and necessary decision, as what happened to Painto.

upload_2019-10-24_21-0-49.png
    Just fuck my shit up

19. Devon

One thing I meant to mention was the concept and story for the hack.I would add it to the original post, but there's no way it would let me save due to the numerous images in it (it's in one post now thanks to Misinko lol).

It's supposed to be some kind of ode to Russian/Chinese bootlegs in the form of a ROM hack, hence, then numerous references to bootlegs, and the Russian and Chinese languages and stereotypes. Honestly, for some reason, we never managed to have the entire plot written down. From memory, I do know that the entire thing was a film shot by fellow community member JoenickROS, and that in the ending, Lover, the main character (a Sonic + caterkiller fusion), would ruin the final scene and get chased off. Lover's partner in crime and alcoholic, Schnii (a red panda), is on the run from the cops for drug possession. In the game, he mainly just follows Lover around in his little portable parlor of his in the overworld, with a shop and all that. That's what I remember, at least.

Also, shout out to @Spanner, our #1 biggest fan.

Also, I still have the development documents for it laying around, including the one for the original incarnation of this hack before "Lover" was conceived, an still a bunch more content left to unveil. Unsure if anyone would be interested in hearing about it at this moment, as I've already dumped a shit ton of info in here. Perhaps a separate thread should be made?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    ProjectFM, Trickster and VAdaPEGA like this.
  20. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

upload_2019-10-24_21-28-50.png
    It's been a good long while since I've been involved with Yundong, but it's still very bittersweet to see it formally come to a close. I guess it's really just another unfinished ROM hack in the grand scheme of things, but it means a lot to me for what experiences I had with the folks at Owarisoft as close friends. I couldn't have asked for anything more at a time when I really didn't have many friends or people to talk to, so I truly do cherish those days deeply. Time goes so fast and it's crazy to think that everyone's gone their separate ways now, but that's life. As so nicely put by Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
    @Novedicus, @BinBowie, @LuigiXHero, @VAdaPEGA, @Natsumi, @mrcat-pixel, @Misinko, @TheBlurCafe, @JoenickROS, and the rest of the Owarisoft crew: thank y'all. you're true homies. <3