I need help with graphics

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by Mr. Nouyoule, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Mr. Nouyoule

Mr. Nouyoule Newcomer Spam Bot

If the head of Mecha Sonic change, it is because the size of this last should be more big than that of Sonic.

Maybe a bit stupid of my part, because i follow for the moment no guides, only tutorials. I will show to you an old screenshot for you understand what i says:

[​IMG]

Do not focus to the giant ball and the eggmobile graphic, just see the head of the character, with the visible black color, who is not normal (it is a dark gray normally, but it is negative here). I had fixed it, but this start again, this bug disrupt me, and it is since yesterday. I had worked while more of two hours, i return to the same bug...

Otherwise, here is the new graphic:

[​IMG]

Look at that... "very ugly the ship!". No! I says of the head! The ship, even very ugly, with a color substracted, is correct. Now, you understand that i want to say, and it is very disturbing, and even in searching some thousands solutions, i stays here, in the same issue!

If you see above of the screenshots, i used Gens, so i am not in luck.

If i do not take a guide, it is because i do not know a "real" guide, for make a rom hack in Assembly and with the rest of the tools.

Thanks you for read it, and i am sorry for my English.

If somebody can also help me in some issues, i could finish the first world more early than planned.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2019
    matheusbrancobs likes this.
  2. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Gens should have a facility of taking screenshots without the need to do huge window captures.

3. Joshwoakes

Joshwoakes Active Sonic Hacker Member

Gens does have a feature that allows you take screenshots however you have to reduce the window size for it to create a readable bmp image file or whatever image file format gens saves it's screenshots as. That's what I know for experience with Gens as I use to use it as my default emulator.

Also @Mr. Nouyoule I suggest you use a different emulator for when making and testing your own rom hacks. As Gens has many issues and often skips out errors that occur with your rom hack on real hardware and other emulators. For a decent emulator, I suggest you use Kega Fusion but others may suggest you use Regen for it's debugging features but it's up to you what emulator you choose.

4. Mr. Nouyoule

Mr. Nouyoule Newcomer Spam Bot

Thanks you very much for your answers.

I will use the emulator who can help me in rom hacking, for go more far.

(The author edited the message for make this next point below)

But, i have a last question: I need a rom hacking's guide?
    If we count the Assembly coding with the rest of the tools, which guide could help me anymore?

Thanks you for your answers.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  5. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

SSRG has a pretty decent tutorial section here, but, in my opinion, it's mostly just minor things like sound driver modifications and optimization.
    As well, Sonic Retro has a pretty well made tutorial section here, it's got a lot of simple fixes, and major game changes.
    Lastly, MarkeyJester's 68K tutorial will help you understand those guides. Because, as I learned from earlier on in my career, copying and pasting with no clue of what you're doing will only get you so far.

DeltaWooloo likes this.