Does anyone have X ROM Hack?

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by Giovanni, Oct 31, 2019.

1. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo The noob next door Member

2. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Sonic 2: S3 Edition was at SHC2013 but as a partial private entry. This meant that the public only got to see media, only judges could play it, as well as streamers if permission was given.

Obviously as the years went by the partial private option for entries was discarded and all entries are public. But that doesn't mean that old private/partial private entries can be public now.

ProjectFM, Angel X and DeltaWooloo like this.
  3. Angel X

Angel X Well-Known Member Member

I didn't know there was another version of this hack, interesting...
    This is the version you are looking for:

Attached Files:

diablo666 and DeltaWooloo like this.
  4. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo The noob next door Member

This looks interesting. I found this on my hard drive, an unfinished Sonic 1 hack to port Sonic 4 to the Mega Drive. It looks really interesting but unpolished. Major props to the creator for giving a go to do this.

Attached Files:

Angel X, ProjectFM and diablo666 like this.
  5. diablo666

diablo666 Newcomer Trialist

Pretty interesting hacks you found. I also have something to share with you.

1. This ROM-hack - I have tried making a "distribution". In the "distribution" - for some reason did not work at all. So I suggest a working version (s2-FTE-BRE)

2. This hack was posted after SHC. There are several endings and it has become more playable. (Sonic BIT v3.5)

3. An unfinished project that I found on YouTube... ( It does not allow you to download the File, so I will throw a link to this hack. Works in Gens32)

(LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c5ecKSaQg5xpEVTZ6E1CRIE1VCMlIzCO/view )

4. Old version "SFactor"

5. Fully working version of the hack Sonic Pixel Perfect. Completely playable levels

I decided to post what I have here. I hope you will see something new. For the old helps us to do something new.

Oh Yes, thank you to one person who posted Sonic Mega Fusion ^_^ I have been looking for this hack for a Long time, but I came across broken links.

Attached Files:

Angel X, DeltaWooloo and ProjectFM like this.
  6. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

I am re-posting this here as this thread will be up for a long time to come compared to the SHC2020 thread which initially announced this:

----------

When most of the world has been shut down, locked down, in quarantine, etc over this coronavirus what can you do to entertain yourselves whilst stuck in your homes?

Download and play all the public SHC entries from 2013 to 2019 today!

A commonly asked question is how people can play all those old contest entries from previous years. With these packs, you can do so, at least the public entries - any marked Private or Partial Private won't be in these.

A few notes from Cinossu:
    There's so much to play from here, in fact there's over 20GB of it! If people are going to be locked down for weeks or months to come, we have something to tide people over with.

We only have a few missing entries now, other than 2012:
    • 2013 - Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Network by Morph
    • 2014 - SADX Ghost Mod by MainMemory
    • 2014 - Sonic Generations - World Adventure Packs by N69 and TiManXD (not the Spagonia Adventure Pack)

Let us know if you have them!

7. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

Actually I'm working on the project.
    The zones are edited up until SLZ, is in W.I.P.

DeltaWooloo, Angel X and Trickster like this.
  8. MajorMedical

MajorMedical Newcomer Trialist

I'm not sure if I should post this here or somewhere else. If it doesn't belong here would someone please move it. I am looking for an old mini hack that was hosted on FileDen from back in 2010 which had the filename of s2hexedit.bin and was made by shobiz. It was Sonic 2 with a hex editor built into the game. I was wondering if anyone still has this mini hack or knows where I can get it?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

Last night as I was going through my Mediafire account I came across my 2011 Hacking Contest entry, Sonic Chaotic. It's really not that impressive of a hack, but I figured it should be shared here in this topic. I don't know if Cinossu plans on adding entries from 2011 to the vault, but here it is. In this hack Sonic and Tails cannot roll into a ball when they jump and once they collide with badniks they die immediately. It's a hack of Sonic Chaos for the Game Gear. http://www.mediafire.com/file/afefa7tx7pgivis/SonicChaotic.zip/file

TheInvisibleSun and ProjectFM like this.
  10. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

As said before, the entry pack for judges for 2011 was lost and we haven't come across it yet despite various attempts to locate it, as it was only on the server for a very limited time.

Without the entry pack, 2011 won't appear in the Vault, which is a shame since I really did want to include that year as part of it. 2012 was recovered very easily, sadly couldn't say the same for the year before.

Ravenfreak, DeltaWooloo and ProjectFM like this.
  11. Inferno

Inferno Rom Hacker Member

I'd actually like to show a piece of "lost media" that has been found for a while now that falls under this topic, hopefully.

Some of you may remember this video:

This showcase an inaccurate "Night Hill" in an update to MisterGambit's S1 Beta Remake.
    Now, this version was never released, until a few months back, and most people still don't appear to know of this, so:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/722267363453567086/790448716116131900/006_unfinished-1.bin

(If this breaks any rules, let me know. If anyone needs me to explain how the heck I got the ROM, I can explain, it's a long story.)

EDIT: For proof of legitimacy, here's an image of the source code, provided by the person who wound up giving it up for release. Consider the usage of old tools and the last modified dates:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Scrap Sorra, Rivet and ProjectFM like this.
  12. NewCoconuts

NewCoconuts Newcomer Prospect

Does anyone have Sonic Super Deformed ROM Hack?
    Note: This hack was made by Hixatas and Team Speedway
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  13. Deactivated Account

You don't need to say who created the hack, the ROM is available on his YouTube channel, only ask for the ROM nothing more. Also the hack only works in Blast' em emulator.

14. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

There's nothing wrong with saying who made the hack. Also, it was never released. The version on the YouTube channel is an April Fools joke.

15. NewCoconuts

NewCoconuts Newcomer Prospect

Okay, I hope there be Non-April Fools joke version

Deactivated Account likes this.
  16. Deactivated Account

He only must ask for the ROM nothing more, but Hitaxas published a ROM in mediafire, and him told me that, only works in Blast' em emulator.

17. Soldaten

Soldaten The Coilgun Root Admin

There's no rule for this thread saying that all that is meant to be posted is a rom hack name. If anything, naming who made it makes identifying the hack easier.

Painto, Giovanni, DeltaWooloo and 2 others like this.
  18. Deactivated Account

Okay sorry about that, he must ask to Hitaxas about his hack, I don't know if someone have that ROM.

19. saan1ty

saan1ty Well-Known Member Member

Does anybody have that one ROM Hack that improved Sonic Crackers by restoring the sound effects and the stage had a remix of Tidal Tempest i think

20. Inferno

Inferno Rom Hacker Member

You mean this?

Because that's Quartz Quadrant Good Future, not Tidal Tempest.
    You can find it here.