General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo The noob next door Member

I'm sorry for double posting but I just wanted to show this off.

For GHZ Act 3, the palette has a nice late evening look into it so to make the game more accurate, I included a early morning Marble Zone palette for Act 1, done by RuthlesstheHooman, to show that Sonic isn't taking breaks and he is always running.

newie.gif

Angel X and Crimson Neo like this.
  2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

Decided to revisit this recently, starting with new music.

The ring counter glitch is still present, as well as a few graphical glitches here and there.

Ravenfreak likes this.
  3. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

Nice music choice TheInvisibleSun! Bring on the Night is one of my favorite songs from The Police and it fits the stage pretty well! :)

TheInvisibleSun likes this.
  4. Hitaxas

Hitaxas Retro 80's themed Paladins Twich streamer Member

5. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

So a while back I made a Sonic 1 J2ME mod that threw in Mania's Green Hill graphics to take advantage of the game's PNG support. I've decided to return to the concept, and clean it up a bit. Here's a cute splash screen!
    ifone.png

6. DeltaWooloo

I was originally going to eat my time to port the lamppost stars from S2 but I wasn't that experienced in doing so. This is a good alternative. You need to have 50 rings so it can teleport you, if not, it wouldn't work.

I could try something else but I'll leave it with that instead.

7. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

This is what people meant when they said they wanted a mobile port of Mania, right
    upload_2020-7-18_17-29-24.png

8. MrLordSith

MrLordSith Has an obsession with Sonic 1 Alpha Member

Hello!
    After my last post, the team has updated some of the art of Sonic 1 Delta. Since the last video didn't exactly go well (the resolution and quality were trash), I have decided that I should show pictures (and maybe one or two GIFs!) this time.

Here's some pictures!
    NEW
    [​IMG]
    OLD
    [​IMG]
    For Green Hill, we've fixed the bushes and gave them some more detail. I had been cleaning up VRAM space so that we could have some more tiles for things like this! (There's also been some other minor changes such as background changes, but they really aren't that major for them to be mentioned)

[​IMG]
    Marble Zone's art has been updated. We've given the UFOs more shading and updated the red palette cycle to fit better with the current lava animation. The lava's animated, too!
    Here's a GIF showing the UFOs and the lava:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Star Light, although still unfinished, has been updated to look more metallic. Since in beta shots it doesn't look that different, I decided I should atleast change it's design a bit so it doesn't look boring.

Here's Sparkling Zone! Last time I couldn't really show how it looked like because of the quality of the video that it was shown in, so here's 2 pics and a GIF showing the background!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  9. DeltaWooloo

Glad to see this hack is still being in the works. I really can't wait for everything to be completed for me to try out. I wish you the best, MrLordSmith. If you want me to help you with some bits, just DM me.

MrLordSith likes this.
  10. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

Recently, my friend Dj. Joker 27 told me about the game Ultracore.

This is just an amazing game!

I was surprised when I found out that it uses the Advanced Z80 Player.
    This sound driver was used in games such as Adventures of Batman and Robin, AWS Pro Moves Soccer, Red Zone, Sub-Terrania, and X-Men for the 32x system.

I thought I added all the music that used this driver to my player. But this was not the case.

The music in this game is so cool! I haven't heard such amazing music in a long time. I really enjoy this OST. I love this music.

I immediately had a desire to add this music to my player.

I spent a few days disassembling the game to rip out the sound driver data.

It was more difficult than with other games. Since it looks like the game was written in the C programming language, and it was difficult for me to navigate the code.

But in the end I was able to do it! I'm so happy that I was able to make this work in my player.

And now I can enjoy this music. :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  11. DeltaWooloo

Here is what you'll find in SHC 2020. A new way to replay the 1991 smash hit!

EDIT: Added credits. I swear my mind was off last night.

Music done by Dj. Joker27 and Invincible theme by RuthlesstheHooman
    Palette done by RuthlesstheHooman
    Level layout by me and a bit of help from Dj. Joker27

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    MrLordSith and TheInvisibleSun like this.
  12. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

Hmm, I'm disagree with those monitors up to the right, be supposed that must be hidden.

13. DeltaWooloo

This took me a while to accomplish this. But thanks to RandomName, we finally managed to get this working successfully without any bugs.

yes.gif

The code was from Shooter so credits to him.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Angel X, MrLordSith, Brighty and 4 others like this.
  14. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

I decided to try to port an unused Sega screen from the Red Zone to my hack. Now this screen has problems. I'll fix it later.

Here I just want to show progress.

15. DeltaWooloo

This is really impressive to see something like this into a hack. With other hacks, we had SEGA screens from old Mega Drive games and Streets of Rage. This is incredible to see a lot of work has been put into this. Well done!

16. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Within 2 hours of work, I have a semi functional menu for The Elementalists
    upload_2020-8-3_19-16-42.png
    It's rough around the edges and will need quite a bit of clean up, graphically.
    The only button that works is the exit button (It's literally just a 1 line script) as the rest of the buttons rely on new scenes that I haven't made yet.

Giovanni likes this.
  17. Nat The Porcupine

Nat The Porcupine Point & Click Funny Man Member

Coming soon to a SAGE near you~
    [​IMG]

18. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Ah Sonic 1 with mouse support! I recall you talking about this concept a while back, neat to see it fully realized.

19. DeltaWooloo

After exploring the quiet, troublesome, dark ruins in the 1st act of Marble Zone, Sonic continues his move into Act 2. The sun is rising and the grass shows its colour. Can Sonic survive another round of Marble Zone or is he is going to be roasted? Find out in Sonic ReOne, coming soon.

ll.PNG

Thank you, again, RuthlessTheHooman for the palette!

Another thing to show is the insta shield. This took me days to accomplish, but me, RandomName and Inferno managed to make this work. Unfortunately, it doesn't reflect. But hey, insta shield in Sonic 1!

ezgif-4-a9e431575db6.gif

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Angel X likes this.
  20. AkumaYin

AkumaYin Well-Known Member Exiled

Another consolidated update. The focus point of this video is restored (incomplete) slope behavior that was "removed" by the developers using an rts, and how it affects the re-worked running and jumping (which I've also made further progress on). A better camera and other tweaks/bugfixes can be seen, but I'm afraid there are too many of the latter to keep complete track of...