SonLVL

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by MainMemory, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

Pretty sure I'm using JASC-PAL, that's what I exported anyways. Not 100% sure what gimp outputs though.

2. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Bit of an issue I noticed while working with rings. If you make a group of them "Columns" and "Rows" are mixed around. Nothing major, just irks me a little.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

4. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Hey, man. I'm having another suggestion for SonLVL, but this time I'm not sure if you're going to agree with it, though. It's about the palette importing. When we usually click to import the palette from a file (like a image, per example) and we click over the palette line to import it, it automatically import the whole image's palette and it will override the whole section from the palette since then until the end. My suggestion is, to make the editor to prompt us asking how many colors we want to import so we could import only the number of colors we want from the image (or BIN palette, if it's the case). It was kind of a useful function from SonED2 that I don't see in SonLVL.

5. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Lady in red, living in dread. Member

Maybe even allow the user to pick which colours from the image we wish to import as well.

Samey likes this.
  6. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

I'm trying to alter the Level Resize limit in a Sonic 1 level beyond its limits. I have tried editing the "levelwidthmax" and "levelheightmax" parameters in the INI files, but that did not work. No matter what values I'd put in there, I would be found able to resize a level only up to 64x8 chunks in size. So I tried to feed SonLVL a level that was 9 chunks in height. It did load up, but it would not allow me to resize the level further due to an OutOfRange error (which I should have expected). How do I properly change the Level Resize limits for Sonic 1 levels?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  7. MainMemory

Giovanni likes this.
  8. Candy_TheCat

Candy_TheCat CandyTehRat Member

I work on rom hacks on a XP! Newer versions of SonLVL dont work currently so i tried the old version, and it says "Key not found" as an error?! Is there a fix for this Key error or someway sonlvl could compatible with win32 and or netframe work 3.5 :v

9. MainMemory

The old versions on Retro aren't compatible with the current INI files, I changed the format slightly. You can use Git to go back to the last version that ran on 3.5 and build it yourself, or make a fork that runs on 3.5.

10. Candy_TheCat

Candy_TheCat CandyTehRat Member

¡ Thanks for the help !

11. Ronald Rose

Ronald Rose Newcomer In Limbo

Can you also change the animations for the Character you play as? Like I want Sonic to fall from a water explosion using his falling animation going to the next zone, or have Sonic spin to start the zone using the rolling animation like Sonic 3 & Knuckles would.

12. MainMemory

That's something you have to add into the game's code, not something SonLVL can do.

Giovanni likes this.