Sonic Encore (Post Shc)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Red2010 is now, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Red2010 is now

Red2010 is now Active Member Member

Edit 02/02/2024: This Post (And other future comments) Remained For Archival Purposes...If you are in the future look for my most recent comment here for updates on this

Hello!

I know it's been a while since you saw me, you don't even remember me at all. Anyway this is my first post here so I will try to follow the same thing I did in the shc..

"Sonic Encore is a project that started in May and its development restarted at the beginning of August of this year, mainly I did it to see what it was like to hack Sonic 1. Although I had several development problems, I miraculously managed to overcome everything and continue working on the hack."
    • Frequently asked questions that are not frequent because no one asked for them:
    • Have there been any changes since the last time?
    From the shc try to fix the sound as it were. And it was shortly after uploading the shc build that I was able to master smps2asm.
    • Why is this post conveniently published at Christmas?
    I would like to answer that but it was simply several factors that prevented me from uploading sonic encore in November

Leaving that aside...I wish you a Merry Christmas, New Year and the first one who has a birthday at this time, which is surely not here.

See you in another one!

• Characteristics:
    1. Sonic CD Extended Camera
    2. Spindash very early
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credits:
    DeltaWooloo: For helping me fix the 3d blast intro that plays on the tile screen
    Shc Server: For helping me detect several problems
    Alfombra de madera: I would have put here that I fixed the tile screen but I deleted it by accident... I still think it is kept here out of respect
    Hog: Beta tester
    Hortinus: Creator of Hesse Sonic Sprites
    AlinShadxw: Refine hesse sonic sprites
    MainMemory: Creator of Sonlvl, which was the one who did almost all the work
    Hivebrain: The creator of the hivepal program, a program which helped change palette cycles
    snkenjoi: Creator of Flex2, a program which greatly helped the insertion of Hesse Sonic into the hack
    ValleyBell: Creator of the SMPS Research Pack, which was essential for music

Sonic Encore 19-11-2023.bin

Warning: TRY THIS ON KEGA FUSION, Please I don't want to see comments that the sound is broken on other emulators or real hardware

"This Is Recolor"

PD: This version is different from shc...technically it is an incomplete patch

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  2. Red2010 is now

Sonic Encore: Birthday Update:

Hello!

It's been a while since I released a demo of this.

Since today is my birthday I have decided to release a new demo of Sonic Encore. Some relevant changes are:

1. A new Palette for Green hill, courtesy of Alfombra de madera
    2. A complete spindash
    3. The super peelout, borrowed from Ready Sonic!
    4. Music Per act
    Also, someone did me the favor of renewing the title screen.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credits:

1. Alfombra de madera: Renewing the palette of GHZ
    2. Carlos: (literally named like this) insert the custom background of the tile screen
    3. Clownacy: The clone drivers
    4. Hortinus: The hesse Sonic sprites
    5. Mercury: Súper Peelout Code

This version is tested in blastem, so it should work in any competent emulator.

Attached Files:

3. Red2010 is now

Sonic Encore: Spring Update

Well...

To finish off the winter, I've decided to publish this update... Wait a minute...
    [​IMG]
    Ehh...

Well I guess there was a change of plans so....

Sonic Encore: Leap Year Update

It's been a month since the last sonic encore demo was released....

Although I could take a break I decided to continue sonic encore for the whole month and this is the result:
    [​IMG]
    That's right....

I dedicated myself to recoloring (very lazy of me) marble zone and a first act of spring yard.

Now the game doesn't last 2 minutes like a certain TAS that I saw...Now it should last more than 5 minutes!

• Relevant changes since last time:

• New Animations (most of them are the rotated versions of sprites that I forgot to rotate in the previous demo xD)
      • New Dac (OutRunners, V.R Deluxe and Hybrid Front...Guess what consumes more space in the rom)

• Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug where when sonic ran the Peelout animation the dot object would load corrupted graphics (I just made them not to appear and that's it...bug fixed)
    Sonic Encore 29 - 02 - 2024.bin

Well...I would leave the post here but I will comment something about the future of sonic encore (I won't reveal too much because then the whole update leaks with that).

From the next update there should be new level design....The case is looking for help for this project ...Contact me by Discord (It's "rojo2010")

But leaving that aside....A Bridge, a crescent moon (or something like that) will be what will make the next update...

See you in April or hopefully end of March!

Credits:

• Alfombra de madera: Creator of the GHZ Palette
      • DarkShamilKhan: Tester, I passed the Sliding Hud code to me
      • Hortinus: Sonic Sprites

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    Dark Shamil Khan and Nik Pi like this.
  4. Alegamer700

Alegamer700 Newcomer Member

So I played this, so time to some review
    -The new "SEGA Chant" is so funny, I actually liked it
    -You should edit manually the new diagonal sprites, they don't look pretty good
    -The colours are not like others proyect made by other noobs. They look charming and brillant.
    -Please dont use eggman monitors on the trees, they're annoying. (I know this because I went for the same mistake)
    -I love the ported music. But you could consider using just one kind of drumset

Overall, Is pretty good and it has potencial. Just fix the problems I found and make the new level design and we're ready to go

Red2010 is now likes this.
  5. Red2010 is now

I should have done this idea on February 14th (valentine's day).
    [​IMG]
    This doesn't even count as a hint about the next sonic encore (I've barely been resting after a month of hard work).

Nik Pi, Rorryx and Dark Shamil Khan like this.
  6. Rorryx

Rorryx Newcomer Trialist

Oh so we get new Level Designs as well? Sweet, can't wait to check out the next demo then.

Red2010 is now likes this.
  7. Red2010 is now

For those not interested:
    [​IMG]
    anyway I will continue working on sonic encore just as long as no one comes

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  8. Red2010 is now

An Unforeseen Delay!:

This time being an update without any rom to download, I'm afraid to say that...

The new Zone (which some must have already assumed will be a master system zone)... Was delayed for reasons beyond my control

Because coding the new zone has been slower than expected, it will have to be postponed until a couple of updates later...

So what was originally going to be the next Sonic Encore update will be smaller and emptier than normal...

I hope no one beats me on the decision to delay it but it's for the better...

Sonic Encore demo 3 will be released between the end of March and the beginning of April...It should include a new level design for GHZ and Spring Yard (don't ask about marble...)

Well, see you another time...see you next time!

Dark Shamil Khan likes this.
  9. Red2010 is now

coming soon..
    [​IMG]

10. Red2010 is now

Sonic Encore: Encore in reverse Update

After a month of hard work and enslaving several to do the work that I should do, I managed to get a total renewal update for this rom hack

Changes:

Renewed graphics: The Genesis At its limit!

Efficient Mechanics: Sonic 3 & Knuckles falls short of Sonic Encore

High quality sounds: What is that Sega CD?, The genesis can forcing the Yamaha

I won't put images, a description is enough!

Credits:

Carlos Iagnecz: Programmer

Alegamer700: Artist

DSK: Tester

Me: The creator of this

Sonic Encore 01 - 04 - 2024.bin

Attached Files: