Has anyone done this yet?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Zycor, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zycor

Zycor Newcomer Trialist

The Spindash in Sonic CD is one of the things that causes me to despise playing it... has anyone modified the spindash so it's the one from Sonic 2-3 and Knuckles?

And don't go all "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? SONIC CD IS PERFECT!" Yes, it's a good game, but I don't enjoy playing it and I think if someone knows how to make the Spindash not require that awkward screen thing and it automatically goes to just letting you press the button and go.

If anyone hasn't done this yet, where is the data in the iso so I can do it myself? Has anyone documented how you do anything in Sonic CD other than the sprites?

2. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

There's a few reasons why no one's done a mod of Sonic CD -

1. There's little to no documentation on Sonic CD.

2. The game's structure would make a mod tedious as hell, but not impossible.

Your planned alteration would need to be made to not just one single file, it would need to be made 70 files, as Sonic CD has a separate 256Kb ROM for each act's time zone, and each file is structured differently due to the content differences.

3. Zycor

Zycor Newcomer Trialist

I forgot those details... I knew the game had art in like 70 files but I didn't know the entire levels and data were stored like that (I suppose common sense didn't hit me till I read your post). I guess I'll just either have to be patient (most likely), figure out something to do it myself (That's a laugh), or just not play it.

4. Sonic 65

Sonic 65 Active Member Member

you know, I actually ported Marble Zone to Sonic CD 512 once (without object layout changes =P). There are also SCD 512 hacking notes on the SCHG (http://info.sonicretro.org/SCHG:Sonic_CD_510_Beta), which are basically a version of my old notes and Erik JS's hacking guide combined.

5. GreigKM

GreigKM Newcomer Trialist

Umm... Why would you do such a thing? I personally prefer the Sonic CD spindash. On topic: I have never come across Sonic CD hacking information/guides, and still why do such a thing?

6. Thundertimi

Thundertimi Well-Known Member Member

I think too that sonic cd spindash is stupid....

I have played it only 3 times. I didnt played it when i was kid, so im not too interested to play it seriously in these days.

I played sonic 1 and 2 only.

7. midgetonebeta

midgetonebeta Newcomer Trialist

:p I played all the Sonic Games S1-2-3-Sk-1-2-3 Sonic CD, S3d And Wanting to play heroes but my gay laptop has a wacky Vid~ card on it so it displays Funny. But So far Sonic Extended And S2 are My favorites :p .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.