Important! A Statement Regarding FireRat...

Discussion in 'Site News' started by LazloPsylus, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus A Certain Scientific Railgun The Railgun

Academy City
    As many have been informed, FireRat (also known as HCKTROX, Trox, DrMeh, RainbowKid, and likely a number of other names) was banned from the community earlier in the year. We more personally briefed people we felt would be most directly impacted by the ban to explain the reasons behind the ban, but it seems that such efforts were not enough to address the issues. As such, we are making it known why he was banned.

FireRat is a predator. And one that has a particular attraction to minors, placing him in a very close relationship with pedophilia.

That is a very serious, and very bold accusation, and one we do not, and refuse to take lightly. The entire staff team (including the Discord staff) have reviewed a large amount of evidence pertaining to FireRat, and others were additionally involved in helping go through and confirm the veracity of this information. After the thorough review, there is no doubt that FireRat is indeed a predator that has been skirting the line of pedophilia, and the staff has been utterly disgusted by it. We do not wish to provide the volume of evidence provided and verified, as it does contain a lot of personal information and, frankly, is repulsive to read.

Originally, we reached out to known associates of his and community leaders in an attempt to avoid making a scene out of his removal. With these people we contacted, we explained the situation, what we had found, and even provided limited elements of the evidence we had reviewed and confirmed. We hoped that would be the end of it, as it would remove him from the community, and he would be effectively blackballed and rejected from the community through the channels that he interacted with the community through.

Unfortunately, that has not held true, and while we initially saw indications that he disappeared, new information has emerged that he is still being harbored by folks. This is not at all acceptable, and has led us to take public and make a scene out of this situation, despite concerns.

No one here should associate with FireRat knowingly. He is a very unwell individual that is of serious danger to the community and those around him. I, as well as the rest of the staff team, refuse to accept such harmful individuals into this community, nor harbor them. We stand with the victims, and we are doing everything within our power to address this. I personally want to apologize to the community that this happened, especially the victims, and for how long it took for us to find out about FireRat's nature and expunge him from the community. This community deserves to be a place free from such disreputable and dehumanizing beings, and his presence was an anathema to that.

To those who still harbor and shield him despite being informed of his nature, my disappointment is immeasurable, that you would put him ahead of the safety and wellbeing of many others. I will not be naming names as an act of mercy toward them, but you know who you are, and you need to re-evaluate your priorities. His behavior, actions, and hazardous nature to others far dwarf any of the work he's done, and to put technical aptitude above the safety of others deeply roots a monolithic icon of abject disregard for your fellow human beings firmly into the soil of your reputation.

Moving forward, it must be made clear: We take all reports of abuse and harassment seriously. *Especially* in matters of grooming, predatory behavior, and pedophilia. Please contact a staff member if you have something to report, and we'll get things sorted. We do not want another FireRat in this community, harming our users. People deserve better.

TruffledToad, A-S-H, Painto and 32 others like this.
  2. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus A Certain Scientific Railgun The Railgun

Academy City
    I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I would need to make a reply to this, but here we are.

Eduardo Knuckles has been banned from the site. I and the rest of the staff attempted to avoid dragging him into the public light regarding his association with FireRat, but as he's decided to go on the offensive and attack the staff for the public announcement of FireRat, our hand has been forced. EK has made his choice on who he stands beside, and we are making clear, once again, our position.

Eduardo has been, and as far as we know, still is in active contact with FireRat, despite being shown some of the evidence we had showing that FireRat is entirely and unfortunately guilty of what we have accused him of. FireRat has been using this to his advantage, and has become bold enough to reach out to more folks using the FireRat name relatively recently. I'm going to make this clear: FireRat has groomed victims. I'm not going into details on how many or who, because they damn well deserve some privacy and peace and be allowed to heal, and it's sickening that I even have to dredge this back up for them and cause them more pain.

Those of you who still consider FireRat a friend even after all of this, do what a real friend would: Tell him to get some help, and cut him off until he does. Do not enable him. Do not allow all of this to just be waved off of this as normal. There is no toleration of predatory behavior, and we're going to be firm (if need be) to free this place of such predators. If you want to still keep company with a known, active predator, we can't stop you, but you had better damn well be ready for the consequences.

User safety is first and foremost. If you decide your own self-interest is more important than the safety and well-being of others, there's going to be a serious problem. I, for one, am damn well done giving passes to apologists for the indefensible. And I damn well know the community is, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.