Getting logged out after a few days

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by Selbi, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Due to my limited time and slight shift in interests I am no longer checking Sonic forums as much as I used to. However, that doesn't mean I don't care about these sites at all anymore, as I still lurk around once or twice a week.

In the case of SSRG there's a pretty annoying thing going: after two or three days of not visiting the site I'm automatically getting logged out. Since this doesn't happen on Retro, which also uses IPB as far as I know, I'll take it this is some time limit that can be set by the admins.

Would be cool if you could find that one and increase it to, I don't know, two weeks or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  2. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Funnily enough I've been getting this myself for over a year now, but it happens to me on more than one site so I always put it down to my browser as opposed to the actual sites in question. Unfortunately I have to dash out for a while now (and will most likely come back in a state unfit for anything technical), so unless another admin looks into this and beats me to it, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if there's anything I can do.

3. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

This has been happening on every site that allows for logins, these days, and it's been pissing me off...

P.S. Were any of you using firefox?

4. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

There's nothing to fix. Board cookies have been set to have a 72 hour life span. Most sites now have their cookies last only a few days, and we have the EU to thank for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.