Image displaying bug?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by MarkeyJester, Feb 26, 2017.

1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

So recently, I posted a thread about a personality test, and asked everyone to share their results just for a bit of fun. Usually in the form of an image since it's a bar graph of some kind.

When Dandaman responded, his images came up as a single IMG in square brackets and nothing more, so I simply assumed he made a syntax mistake or something minor had gone wrong (it usually does). So I just left it, and thought maybe he'd come back to it, edit and correct it. But then I noticed that almost nearly everyone's responses were the same... an IMG text tag, and nothing else.

So clearly, something is wrong here, and it seems to be only specific to me for some reason. This occurred on my own machine at home, and on my laptop at costa (a public coffee bar with free wifi), both machines are quite different, different operating systems. The only thing that's the same is that I'm using Firefox on both, but this has only happened in that one thread.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, I've not had this problem before... =S

ProjectFM likes this.
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

When I copy the link address from the images Dandaman posted, it gives me a 403 Forbidden error so it looks like he has posted the wrong image link. Every other post in that topic displays the image just fine =/

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Looks like it might have been a dodgy/poor connection, everyone was using imgur, and it was likely to slow to connect. Sorry about that folks~

4. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

For whatever reason, the images I used wouldn't upload to Photobucket, so I uploaded them to Dropbox instead. The last time I uploaded to Dropbox, I had image-displaying problems as well. I've changed the image host back to Photobucket, anyway.