Saxman's Sonic Boom Engine

Discussion in 'Gallery of Dumbasses' started by saxman, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxman

saxman Long live the Saxlight! Member

Hey, I forgot SSRG even existed! I have a lot of old friends here =)

Anyway, in case you haven't heard elsewhere, I started this thing about 3 years ago called Sonic Boom. And to answer your first question, yes I know there's a product line by the name of Sonic Boom. And yes I know there's a Klik&Play fan game, a hack, and a number of other things by the same name. I came up with the name before Sega's stupid franchise anyway! So please, keep reading before you judge... jeeze!!

[​IMG]

Q: What is Sonic Boom?

A: Saxman's Sonic Boom Engine, as I have officially named it, is an enhancement of Sonic 2's code targetted at the very people who modify the code to create their own hacks. It began as an unofficial revision 3 of Sonic 2 by fixing as many bugs as I could. It grew into something more. Sonic Boom includes a number of enhancements in the very foundation of Sonic 2's code that allows for more flexible level design, among other things. It is of course open source. I will provide a full run-down of the current and upcoming features -- keep reading.

Q: Seriously, what's with the name?

A: Well, it's based on Sonic. And I was inspired by Team TNT's BOOM engine (DOOM engine enhancement). The name "Boom" can be interpretted many ways, but in our case, it basically means to expand and progress. That is exactly what Sonic Boom's purpose is. And as for sticking my name in front of it, that was a last minute choice to differentiate the name from everything else titled "Sonic Boom".

Q: Why should I care?

A: Hacking the classic Sonic games is slowly becoming a thing of the past. It's less interesting to people. The games are quite old now, and there's more current stuff to look at now. But there's still life in the disassemblies of these old games. Sonic Boom attempts to put some new life into ROM hacking. The initial release has a good number of features I think that people will find attractive and make them want to use my code over other disassemblies. And with the features that I am currently working toward adding, I believe it will become the de-facto "no brainer" choice for starting any Sonic ROM hack.

Features:

=== Sonic Boom Level Format (SBLF) ===

This at uses a variety of compression schemes to store levels into RAM using a minimal amount of memory. Some levels can be chopped down as much as 1/3 the original size, allowing more memory to be available to create larger levels. It is seperated into physical and visual layouts, allowing the level designer to associate any meta-block's collision properties with another meta-block at any given point in the level. In other words, collision is no longer tied to specific meta-blocks. Levels can also have a maximum theoretical size of 0x8000 by 0x2000, and vertical wrapping can be set at 0x100, 0x200, 0x400, 0x800, 0x1000, or 0x2000 for each individual level as needed.

=== Demo recorder ===

Every ROM hack should have its own demos. Sonic Boom has a built-in demo recorder that will log player movements straight to RAM where it is preserved for playback following the title screen and/or ripping to be inserted into the ROM itself. Demos can be of any length, starting from any position in the level, using one or two player modes.

=== Six buttons ===

I added full support for the six-button arcade pad. It is also supported by the demo recorder. Map the X, Y, Z, and Mode buttons to whatever functionality you wish. I personally like to use the extra buttons for debugging various things.

=== Patterns ===

One bug in the original code was the 15 PLC limitation. The code clearly intended to allow up to 16. Instead of doing a simple fix for this, I rewrote portions of the code so that 24 PLCs could be used, using the same amount of memory that the original code used to handle 16. I think this is a noteworthy improvement since it gives hackers a higher ceiling just in case they need it.

=== 32X support ===

Anyone wanting to make a 32X version of a Sonic ROM will have to go through a lot of trouble to setup the MARS security code, basic 32X header, and mapping all the memory so it works correctly in 32X mode (let's ignore the RV flag which allows 68000 addressing but has a number of drawbacks). Sonic Boom does all the hard work for you. While there is currently no PWM or 15-bit color code available, it can  be added now that you have the capability to build a ROM that uses 32X hardware!

=== Knuckles in Sonic 2 ===

You don't have to port Knuckles, because I did it for you. Knuckles in Sonic 2 has basically been merged with the original Sonic 2. Though disabled by default to preserve the Sonic 2 as it was meant to be, using a cheat code (the same one used to give you access to the level select menu in Knuckles in Sonic 2) will enable Knuckles.

Downloads:

Saxman's Sonic Boom Engine -- https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6C991B4888367A4D%211722

Sonic 2 R3 -- https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6C991B4888367A4D%211723

Level format conversion tools -- https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6C991B4888367A4D%211716

GitHub repository -- https://github.com/saxman727/sboom

Upcoming:

Sonic Boom v2.00 will feature PWM support for 32X ROM builds, the Sonic 3 object manager ported over for better performance with large levels, and a complete integration of Sonic 1 into the Sonic Boom codebase (i.e. build Sonic 1 or Sonic 2 ROMs from one source code). Features can be enabled/disabled and mixed and matched as needed. Extremely flexible.

[​IMG]

2. iojnekns

iojnekns OBAMA '012!!!!1!!!!!&#33 Member

I might as well take this opportunity to formally announce that as of today, I have - after much deliberation with the team - decided to rename my seminal, multi-award winning hack to "Saxman's Sonic Boom", in honour of my friend and mentor Sergey Stepanov.  

After working on the hack since 2006 to present day, with over 720 recorded versions on the SVN (and countless more prior to the application of version control,) and an astonishing nine years in development, the hack has accounted for a frankly insane amount of my own free time, not to mention the free time of my comrade snkenjoi and a glittering, star studded line-up of truly prolific hackers and artists.  So, it is with all my sincerity that I dedicate this torrent of blood, sweat and tears to Sergey, who continues to inspire me to this day.  I'd like you to celebrate our name change with us.

The hotly awaited second public release of Saxman's Sonic Boom (formerly Sonic Boom) is rumoured to be arriving this year.  It will feature a massively rewritten engine since its last public outing, pushing the capabilities of the Mega Drive to the very edge of comprehension.  The Saxman's Sonic Boom engine renders faster, bigger and better than any game developed for the hardware during its lifecycle.  All hail the Saxman's Sonic Boom engine!!

Saxman's Sonic Boom - get ready for the next level.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  3. saxman

UH OH!!

[​IMG]

Sorry guys! We're all screwed!

BTW: Here's the official wiki page with a bunch of technical information on the new level format, along with every single bug that I fixed so you don't have to -- http://info.sonicretro.org/Saxman%27s_Sonic_Boom_Engine

There are already two people who have informed me they're using my engine for their hack. To those people: thank you! And I hope more of you at least give it consideration =)

4. ZennorHax

ZennorHax Newcomer Trialist

Saxman, You are truly a god. One that should be worshiped. This looks amazing and I want to stick around to see what will become of it. I have a suggestion though, Can you add in a Sonic CD styled spindash as an option? Thanks.

5. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Administrator

Why don't you learn how to do it yourself? There's no point doing anything if you're just going to rely on ready-made solutions, it's off-putting. Figure out what the Spin Dash code from Sonic 2 works and see if you can change it to resemble one from Sonic CD.

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I'm gonna be honest with you.

My post on retro was simply there to annoy Varion, I find Varion plugs his work into places where they are not needed, so it was a matter of deciding who to insult for their blatant disregard for the topic at hand. Since Varion was more than likely to take the hint, I decided to swing it that way.

Let's play it fair, if someone wants to make an all in one, one time offering, end all be all (even though it's impossible to make an "end all be all" despite what people claim) of coding, disassembly source, then I see no major harm in that. The harms comes from;

• Giving it a pretentiously unoriginal name, that it also cannot live up to.
    • Pluging-in the project in places it does not belong.
    • Boasting it for more than it's actually worth.
    Calling it Sonic Boom was not such a good idea, as SEGA adopted the name recently for a game, and it has served the name of a hack for almost a decade. The name has therefore entered the territory of "unoriginal", using an unoriginal name was a bad move. When you came up with it is irrelevant, the point is you made the name public a little too late. But... I guess it's not about the name, it's about the work, so we'll pass for now.
    You plugged the project into several places it did not belong, Sonic Retro's wiki is an example of this, the page describing everything related to "Sonic The Hedgehog 2" 16-bit, which includes; release dates, revisions, hidden secrets, cartridge/box designs, flaws, success, etc, everything related to the "official" original game which does not include home-brew related aspects (hacks, disassemblies with additions, etc), had your "Sonic Boom" project (a home-brew related item) edited into that wiki page. It did NOT belong there, yet you persistently decided to place it there.

This is why most in the scene are unhappy with what you've done, albeit some only posted a negative response to show off, but that's besides the point, bragging it as so much more than what it is does not stand well in everyone's book. What doesn't stand well either is the obvious ignorance you're showing, are you unable to see what you're doing wrong?

If you want to showcase your work whilst receiving positive feedback, you need to show a sense of respect for those around you, don't insult their intelligence and attempt to lead them to something that's less then worthy, and don't irritate them by flashing it in front of them in places they don't want to see it. And I know I'll admit, I've been there myself, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I never boasted in the past, but I grew up. I learnt that it's best to keep your work quiet unless someone actively asks what you're doing, and I'm not talking about the thread here, I'm talking about everything else.

I'm not expecting you to understand or comprehend my post right, you've already misconstrued iojnekns' post which was an obvious sarcasm at the projects expense (because of the above mentioned reasons I might add). Chances are, you'll ignore my post completely, or misunderstand and retaliate with a sense of despair for me. That's fine, I was hesitant to post, and I did say to ioj he probably shouldn't have, I guess I asked for it.

I hope you take what I say as more of "advice" than a "lecture", I try not to sound rude though it often doesn't seem that way... Either way, good luck.

7. saxman

Why don't you learn how to do it yourself? There's no point doing anything if you're just going to rely on ready-made solutions, it's off-putting. Figure out what the Spin Dash code from Sonic 2 works and see if you can change it to resemble one from Sonic CD.

I like that he suggested that. I think it's a great suggestion. The whole point of Sonic Boom is to prevent people from having to reinvent the wheel. Nobody should have to port the same things over that have already been done. I have the mindset that this "unimportant" work should be there already and allow the implementation with the flip of a switch. What people should be focused on IMO is level design, art, music, and other crafts of the more artistic nature. THAT is what I think makes a hack good or not. And I think you would see better hacks if that's all most people had to worry about aside from the occasional new feature here and there.

Derailed again. =D

I really *don't* want to reply to this, because it just puts more attention where it doesn't belong. I *want* to talk about my project, what I've done, and what I plan to do. If you don't like the way I'm doing it, I'm perfectly willing to accept that, and I might even be willing to listen if you approach me in the right way. But you and your buddies -- you all know who you are -- seem to be stuck on perceived personality flaws I might have, or perceived mistakes I may have made, and a outright disdain for me. This is middle school crap. It's the reason I got away from this scene for the longest time. And I don't care what people think of me, but I should be able to talk about the work I've done without my topic being derailed. So since you guys are insistent on confronting me out in the open like this, let's talk about it out in the open. Let's open this can of worms, because it's evident that you're not going to leave it alone at least until I stop ignoring it.

1) "most in the scene are unhappy with what you've done" -- Says who? Says you and how many other people? I can point to a lot of people who have given me a lot of compliments both publicly and privately. You don't speak to everyone in the scene, so you can't possibly represent what the scene as a whole thinks.

2) "don't insult their intelligence" -- Do you honestly think I'm some sleazy used car salesman who will say absolutely anything to get people to buy? I believe every single word I have said. I believe it WILL give most people less of a reason to use other disassemblies. That's my goal. If it sounds pretentious, it's not: Anyone could do this if they wanted to. Right now, I'm the only one doing it. And it's different from anything else done in the scene. And that's the part I love most about it! I'm extremely anxious to continue the work I've done, merge Sonic 1 code in with Sonic 2 and create what I think will be the ultimate codebase for anyone starting a new hack. Am I overselling? The answer is in the eye of the beholder. It's my project. I spent three years on it. It would be strange to not be at least someone enthusiastic in it after all that time. It's foolish to believe anyone else is different. I truly believe this project has a lot of potential. You don't have to believe in what I'm selling. But I do, and that's all that matters.

3) "I grew up" -- I'm liable to get myself in trouble with this one, but I don't care. I'm 30 years old. Believe me, if you think you're mature at 24, wait another 6 years and you'll realize you were still an idiot at 24 (no offense intended -- just making the point that nobody ever *stops* growing up). The fact that you would make such a statement as if you know everything there is about wisdom and the world speaks volumes about where you really are.

4) "plugged the project in several places it did not belong" -- I made one mistake. ONE. I edited the wiki article ONCE. It was a very small change, but it was still wrong nonetheless. And I said that. Numerous times now. But since you seemed to have missed it, here it is yet again: I thought it was harmless at the time, but then thought about it again and realized that I was actually vandalizing something that wasn't mine. I felt awful about it. And I personally sent an apology to GerbilSoft who had to clean it up. And to his credit, he didn't hold a grudge the way you and some others have. So quit your bitching already. The only other places I posted was in my own topic, and once in another, which I might add was on topic, and completely related. It was perhaps annoying at most. I wasn't trying to be. But I'm not going to apologize for every little tiny you have the slightest problem with.

5) "misconstrued iojnekns post" -- Let's cut the crap. I spoke with him privately a few months ago. He's obviously annoyed that I didn't change the name of my project after he begged me to. Nobody "owns" the name Sonic Boom except Sega. If anyone used it first, it was Martin Braid in 1996. So anyone who's ever used the name since 1996 is incredibly unoriginal. And I'm FINE with that characterization. Unless it's Sega's attorneys knocking at my door, I can call it what I'd like.

6) "I try not to sound rude" -- If that was the case, you wouldn't have derailed my topic AGAIN. You're not actually talking about my project and my plans. You're talking about me. You're making it personal. And that IS incredibly rude.

I believe I have clarified everything that apparently needs clarification. So from this point forward, PLEASE keep this type of garbage out of my topic. If you want to talk, PM me for God's sake.

8. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden & Knuckles Retired Staff

Copy paste from Sonic Retro:

I've been playing through the Sonic2r3.32x rom to see if anything is noticeably different in game. The speed at which an Act loads is a little quicker. This is quite obvious on some acts more than others where the title card flies off faster.

I did encounter a weird issue though: The Chemical Plant Zone Boss has some very strange behaviour when he attempts to drop the liquid on you. He seems to get stuck slightly off screen to the right and "flickers" back and forth between being in the centre of the screen and being off screen.

That being said; this seems like a solid idea that makes a good deal of sense; moving Sonic 2 (a familiar game/engine) over to the 32X, allowing people an easier time of creating a hack for the 32X. Well, that seems to be the idea, anyway. Either way, good luck with future developments with this. It's not something I'd ever use personally but I can see the potential.

Additional Note

Obviously, I can see that the project you've been working on is more than what I originally thought. It's quite ambitious, and like I said, I'll never really have a use for it personally, but don't let that hinder your progress.

Also, regarding the Chemical Plant Boss issue: it's only on the Sonic2r3.32x rom, not the Sonic2r3.bin rom. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to fix, but that depends on what's causing it.

9. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Administrator

Hey saxman, you're not a moderator.

That means YOU don't tell people what to do.

If you have a problem, please use the Report button where a member of staff will deal with the problems that you bring up.

Understand?

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Derailed? I hardly know what you mean sir. Could you elaborate?

11. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

Ready made stuff like this can really help people who are not multi-talented, I myself have never been great at coding. People who might be good at level design, art, etc are usually expected to also learn to program and this can really discourage them from hacking. 

If I were to start a new hack ever (I'm not), I would strongly consider starting with this. If only to avoid the headache of redoing stuff I've already done and the tedious work of fixing all those various bugs.

Edit: I really hate seeing this kind of argument here. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  12. snkenjoi

snkenjoi Well-Known Member Member

I've not spoken on this topic publically so far, but you're now misrepresenting our conversation and outright lying about a conversation we had.

This is not ok.

[​IMG]

As you can see, I was not begging you to change your name. I literally said you are free to use it if you like.

It was a warning that it would be smarter for you to use a different name because our project will eclipse yours when the next release happens, and that'll cause your project to fade further into obscurity.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  13. Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ Newcomer Jesus

Saxman my son, there is no need to be upset.

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you". This just isn't the way!

Respect thy other members, forgive him father as he no not what he does...

14. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

And this is where an issue comes up with this as a double-edged sword; artwork, level design, music, crafts of a supposed-"more artistic nature" (because programming can be an art in itself, in my opinion) are all well and good, but this is more than likely going to be used as a crutch and a quick-skip for those that just want more features in their hack automatically. The features that you're enabling and bugs you're fixing at "the flick of a switch" tend to be the ones people use to learn the techniques required to do the ASM and features they want that are unique to their project. In a similar way to how all cars are now electronic with essentially a computer running things and nobody knows how to fix what's under the hood except those that have a specifically-made device to do so, I am against all hacks having so many features already available just toggling a variable without any effort put into it themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  15. iojnekns

iojnekns OBAMA '012!!!!1!!!!!&#33 Member

This never happened.  I have only ever exchanged PMs with you on Sonic Retro on one occasion in December 2009 when you asked me to comment on your level editor utility. 

Since we're cutting the crap though, I will dispense with the high grade comedy which I am known and loved for, and I will level with you.  I'm completely indifferent to this tool and don't really have a strong enough stance on the "flick of a switch" issue to bang a drum either way.  I'm not part of the target audience, so that's fine.  Equally I don't care about the self-indulgent wiki editing.  Whether or not your project is a useful hacking tool or a redundant wheel 2.0 simulator up is frankly beside the point - you're working on a project that you hope will help people and that is commendable, regardless of whether one believes you to be misguided.  I wouldn't normally endorse someone getting dogpiled over something not particularly malicious.  So, you keep doing you, if that's what makes you happy.  I've got no beef with you there.

My only real dog in this fight, and the only reason I decided to share my shrewd, well written witticism with you earlier, is because I'm being petty over the name.  Now, I don't care about Sega, or the TV series, or the SatAM episode, or the shockwaves generated by high speed aircraft.  I am a ROM hacker, I am not a known respecter of Intellectual Property rights.  My issue is that unlike Sega, or television production companies, you're a long standing member in this community.  You're too much of a familiar figure around the forums to plead ignorance. You've exchanged PMs with us.  You've commented in the Sonic Boom release thread.  To be fully aware of the project and yet to knowingly name it Sonic Boom anyway just seems a bit fucking rude, in my opinion.  I don't care that it's not an original name.  Those other entities are as unaware of an underground ROM hack as the Sun to an ant.  You, however, are swimming in the same pool.  It would be as inconsiderate as calling your project "Saxman's Sonic Megamix engine" or "Saxman's Sonic 2 Retro Remix engine", which I assume you wouldn't do.

Petty, I know.  I'm not denying that.  You can do whatever you like, you're not beholden to me or anyone.  But it seems like a real dick move to me.  I should know - I wrote the book on dick moves.

[​IMG]

You'll forgive me if I air this in public rather than via PM considering the evidence above about the way you choose to represent PM exchanges. 

I wish you the best of luck with your project.

16. Flamewing

Flamewing Elite Hacker Member

This is called self-selection bias: people that like your engine are more liable to contact you to tell it than are people that are indifferent to it, or underwhelmed by it. So of course you see mostly positive comments, with only the occasional comments of those that are bothered by something you did (say, snkenjoi).

If you were hanging around in IRC, you might have seen the flip side, where people frankly discussed being underwhelmed by or indifferent to your engine on the few times it came up. And also you would have seen people frankly criticizing you for your naming choice, and your excellent attitude towards criticism.

17. saxman

Criticism is healthy. I don't always like it. In fact, I often don't. But I tell myself every single day to take it and look at it as something positive. And I normally handle it pretty well, with some minor hiccups every now and again. But some of you have been nothing but rude and disrespectful to me from the beginning. And so after iojnekns acted like a complete ass for a pretty childish reason IMO, I went right after MJ with fire because it came not long after. And that's my fault for not walking away from it first. So let's set this straight:

MarkeyJester: I get you. You were trying to be brutally honest in a positive manner, and I missed that. I still think you're wrong on a number of points, but your points are all valid ones nonetheless. I hope we can put this behind us, because I've never had anything against you before. In fact, you helped me with something directly related to Sonic Boom maybe a year or so ago, so that's definitely noteworthy. I'd like to know that I can ask you for another favor or two in the future.

Iojnekns: Grow up. Seriously. It's a name. Your hack came out 6 years ago. I thought it was dead in the water. And considering I'm not working on a fangame, but rather an engine enhancement, I felt it was different enough that it wouldn't really matter. That's why it's the "Sonic Boom *Engine*". And I apologize, because you're right in that I didn't speak to you. I spoke with snkenjoi... and there's no way I could ever mix those two names up.

Nonetheless, if it was that big of a deal to you, you should have talked to me yourself instead of being a complete idiot about it. That's entirely on you. I do my best to be reasonable when I'm reasoned with.

Snkenjoi: If I had realized to whom I was speaking, I wouldn't have mentioned anything about the messages. To be fair, the message I was referring to was NOT posted here. But it doesn't need to be. I'm sorry I brought it up.

Flamewing: My point wasn't that one side outweighs the other. My point was there are people that are impressed, and people that are expecting a bit more. I'd like to know how the pendulum swings. But to date, I have received very little criticism regarding content, so I don't honestly know, nor do I think I know one way or the other. Unfortunately, a vast majority (but not all) of the criticism has been aimed at the name, the marketing, the color of my bed sheets, you name it. I want to know what people think of the product itself. I didn't work on it just to come up with a good name or sell something. I worked on it to be useful. So if people must criticize, please be mindful of that.

Spanner: With all due respect, if you were really interested in doing anything, you would have by now. You've given me no reason to believe clicking a link would make a difference. A moderator doesn't typically wait for the bat signal. Just saying. But if you'd like me to use the button and wait first before I act, then I will gladly agree to that.

Thank you for the feedback!

I was aware of an issue with the ARZ boss. However, the CPZ boss issue I haven't seen. And perhaps that's because I was trying to reproduce the problem with the Genesis version. I'll check the 32X version next to see exactly what is going on. I suspect an addressing issue of some sort.

Thanks for the feedback!

That's how I feel about it, and I hope others will come to see it this way.

And this is where an issue comes up with this as a double-edged sword; artwork, level design, music, crafts of a supposed-"more artistic nature" (because programming can be an art in itself, in my opinion) are all well and good, but this is more than likely going to be used as a crutch and a quick-skip for those that just want more features in their hack automatically. The features that you're enabling and bugs you're fixing at "the flick of a switch" tend to be the ones people use to learn the techniques required to do the ASM and features they want that are unique to their project. In a similar way to how all cars are now electronic with essentially a computer running things and nobody knows how to fix what's under the hood except those that have a specifically-made device to do so, I am against all hacks having so many features already available just toggling a variable without any effort put into it themselves.

Thanks for the feedback!

Obviously I disagree with this. I like to compare it to writing a program in Java or C/C++ or some other high-level language. The languages do all the nitty-gritty work for you so you don't have to worry about it. A lot of software out there would not be nearly as good as it is if it were entirely written in assembly, because assembly is tedious, takes a long time to write complex programs with, and in many cases is harder to debug. To expect people to know assembly is asking them to be a jack of all trades, and I just don't think that's realistic. There are a lot of very capable and talented people who don't want to know how to do every single thing.

Again, why reinvent the wheel? It should just work. That's why I focused much of my time fixing the bugs in the game -- there's no legitimate reason for anyone to have to know how to fix these except if they're curious. There's no value in it. You want to practice assembly? Then tweak existing code, or try to port something yourself. But once you know it, it becomes unnecessary busy work to expect people to port every single thing. We're not talking about brand new features. We're talking about things that already exist in other Sonic games, or bugs that shouldn't be in the game to begin with.

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

Though I generally agree with you and support your project, I will say that I did learn many things from fixing preexisting bugs (some bugs actually led to the creation of some features). Of course, I can't speak as a person not interested in learning ASM, but I personally think that bugfixing has great learning value if you want to learn, as it helps one develop an understanding of how the game works.

Nevertheless, this is a very interesting project, and I'll definitely make use of it eventually.

19. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

Ok I cant sit by and watch this crap any more - The project is great... and for some reason most of you guys are acting like complete dicks, who gives a monkeys about the name? really - what dose it matter? I agree with other people its great not having to recode and do over becasue its all ready here nice and ready to add music, art, and level designs. I respect Saxman for the hard graft he has put into this... I respect you to Marky - after all you taught me everything I know but I say your wrong on your opinion this time mate.

20. Pacca

Pacca Why succeed when you can profit off of failure? Member

Ugh, I REALLY did not want to mess with this thread when "stuff went down", but I have to clarify for you, Lips2k8, they're not arguing about solely the name and the product, it's how he's been handling it with others, most of which never seems to have gone beyond some Retro posts, edits and PMs'; After looking through the the thread so far, I have seen some sadly questionable things that Saxman has done, albeit away from SSRG. I can really see why Saxman is annoyed that this is boiling down like this; he's asking for feedback on another site he hasn't visited for several years, and that drama got dragged along with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.