Sonic 1 The Ring Ride 4

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by MarkeyJester, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

It has come to my understanding that; many preferred Ring Ride 1 and 2 over the new Ring Ride 3. In all fairness, I do make these ring rides within the period of a day, so I'm sure you'll understand why they come filled with bugs or little touches missing.

To make up for the last ring ride, here's another:

Ring Ride 4

This one has an additional touch to it that the others don't have. While you have the standard "more rings, more effect" rule here, you also have a cameo provided by the invincible monitor. Collecting that will give you the effect at a high rate, and plays... well let's just say it's an inside joke of some kind.

P.S. I've always wondered what it might be like, if someone made a real life bouncy castle in the design of Green Hill Zone.

2. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Oh lol this is awesome.

3. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Not gonna lie, this kinda made me laugh a bit, specially with the invincibility music. Sorta reminds me of bouncy edition but with a twist. Definitely in there with the others on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

Haha this is great! Made my day. Though I am curious about the invincibility song though. Reminds me of Prince's music in the 80's.

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

As a matter of fact, you're in the right decade!

6. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

is pure awesome! great work.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  7. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but whenever the "Hold A/B/C" message is not showing, whenever I land from a high distance, I bounce a little bit, and it's very annoying and it messes up my gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  8. KosmoF

KosmoF Masochistic epileptic FEMALE gamer! Member

I just watched MegaGWolf's review on this and am impressed with what I saw :)   Looks like another full playthrough for the series' playlist :D Also, you come up with the hacks in a day, Markey?  Well, it just goes to show what entertainment random thoughts can generate ;)

9. Ivan YO

Ivan YO Well-Known Member Member

Super.

10. KosmoF

KosmoF Masochistic epileptic FEMALE gamer! Member

Well, the playthrough and showcase videos are up on my YT channel (FlickyF) for all to see :)  Overall assessment: I was very impressed with this latest installment, to the point of it being my favourite in the series; I really liked the increasingly strong "bouncy ball" effect Sonic had when collecting more and more rings, and looked forward to seeing the varying, alternate colour palettes each zone also received as the ring count increased.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  11. Vegetassgod

Vegetassgod Newcomer Trialist

This is awesome!!! You are an awesome hacker!!!!!!!!

12. Vegetassgod

i wonder if he can make a hack where Sonic is holding Caliburn just lke in Sonic and the Black Knight, and you can swing the sword to hit the enemies? that would be cool!

13. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

Might want to take a look at the rules before posting willy-nilly: http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showforum=77

Just so we're on the same page, if we are at all. You might want to try your hands at using one of the disassembles provided here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Disassemblies. But before actually jumping right in, you also might want to look at this as well: http://info.sonicretro.org/SCHG:Sonic_Community_Hacking_Guide. Welp, I suppose it's back to living under a rock for me.

14. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Good lord not another one -_-.... Dude you would want to work on how you post, especially if you want to become a member here, and so far in the first 3 posts you've made, not a very good start. sorry if it may seem like if im backseating here to the staff.

What ever happened to reading the rules?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  15. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  16. Vegetassgod

Ooops. Sorry. I wasn't shown the rules when I joined, nor did know where they were. Thank you very much for showing me them and the links for the Sonic hacking stuff. I think I'll try Sonic hacking soon, I made a simple(not actually) level layout and palette edit hack a long time ago but I lost it. I have great ideas for Sonic hacks but I haven't learned how to program or "computerize" yet. I'm planning on making a hack that firstly, will make people VERY ANGRY, and secondly have most Sonic characters. Maybe even Big the Cat, Mephiles the Dark, Blaze the Cat, and many other characters. I'm also planning on having great music which I think is something important most Sonic hacks have, I'll probably make my own music if i can't find other good music, and I need to learn how to even get the music in the game, which is something I've been trying to do for about a few months but I can't find a program that gets the music in easily. I also need to learn how to draw to draw my own characters. I'm also thinking of maybe having Goku, Vegeta, or Naruto in a Sonic hack since they are also really awesome. I hope you guys can give me some tips on Sonic hacking. I would greatly appreciate that. The more the help, the more chances I have of achieving the goal of making "The Utimate Sonic ROM Hack". A hack that will blow everyone's mind.

Well, I haven't tried te Ring Ride yet because I'm afraid I'll get dizzy, faint, then hit my head on the ground and break my skull open.

(I am too much for myself)

17. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

... dude, there is this thing at the top of the forum index:[​IMG]

18. Vegetassgod

(Wow I am a total dumbutt). By the way, can you help me? Im trying to set my signature, i put a picture then a message earlier but it was too big so I erased it. But now, when I try to make a new signature, all the little icons and stuff are shaded in gray and when I click on them nothing happens. What do I do to fix this?

19. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

This isn't the place to be asking these questions. This is for MarkeyJester's Sonic 1 The Ring Ride 4. If you are having issues with the site not working as it should, please post them here - http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showforum=3

Now, can we please get the topic back onto discussion. Thanks.

20. EmeraldCrafted

EmeraldCrafted Newcomer Trialist

When using MD.Emu free for Android, I reset the game and it froze. I pressed start and the screen turned red. The ROM now fails to load the game and has been unplayable since. Can you plz help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.