Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sonic the hedgehog Xero

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since the showroom is still closed, I just post it here for now.

Aside that, finally after many months since my last (yet shitty ass) release, I have come to a decision to release my latest version of Sonic Xero. I will assure you though that you will like this one lots more better than the last version. I have also managed to finally port over new sprites for sonic in the time I was working on my hack, as well as new backgrounds created on most of the zones. On that note time for some screen-shots.

s1built006.png

s1built007.png

s1built008.png

s1built009.png

s1built010.png

s1built011.png

The moves that can also be used in this is the...

SpinDash

JumpDash

Super peel-out

Waterskimming

Also thanks to someone off YouTube, I was able to to port songs over from

S3&K

S3D

Dyna brothers

sailor moon

I also do hope to have extra characters added in my next version after this one but for the time being, sonic will only be playable.

aside that. feel free to download it now if you wish

Download:Sonic_Xero_v2.5_release.zip

Hope you like it! :downs:

Also big helpful thanks for making this hack what it is now

-GHfusion(youtuber): music ports

-Markeyjester: sonic crackers music

-selbi: asm tutorial for the jumpdash

-vladikcomper: asm tutorial for the waterskimming

Big thanks to you all.

P.S. if you encounter any errors in this release, please let me know.

Edited by Blazer

Posted

MZ's BG could use some work, but other than that, not bad =P I'm liking what I see!

Posted

Blue Sonic is blue. Like what I see though.

Posted

Does that ZIP have some kind of password? I for sure can not extract it on my Mac, but It looks nice from the pics you posted!

Posted

Does that ZIP have some kind of password? I for sure can not extract it on my Mac, but It looks nice from the pics you posted!

Good, another to add to my list of those best to avoid when requiring aesthetic feedback.

Posted (edited)

Change the backround art please. And sonic 2 beta sonic on the titlescreen needs fixing.

Edited by Animemaster

Posted

sonic 2 beta sonic on the titlescreen needs fixing.

Why?

Posted (edited)

Why?
Because there is an error.

Jeez, your posting skills are worse than me trying to get motivation to work on my hack...

EDIT: On topic now. :lickrom:

I like what I can see, but my only nitpick is that there is a few inverted colours in the SYZ art, but apart from that, its cool.

Edited by Hank

Posted (edited)

Good, another to add to my list of those best to avoid when requiring aesthetic feedback.

What is it with you people? You just seem to hate everyone that uses a Mac and Apple products. Really, just don't piss us MacFags off. We use Macs 'cause Windows sucks. Either live with that, or just ignore it. Jesus Christ. On topic crap: The ZIP is still broken for some reason.

Edited by theocas

Posted

What is it with you people? You just seem to hate everyone that uses a Mac and Apple products. Really, just don't piss us MacFags off. We use Macs 'cause Windows sucks. Either live with that, or just ignore it. Jesus Christ. On topic crap: The ZIP is still broken for some reason.

Enjoy your 7 day suspension. Hopefully it'll give you time to look up 'aesthetic' in the big book of words and their meaning that we in intellectual circles call a dictionary. That way, you'll learn that I'm calling into question your inability to tell when something looks pleasing to the eye. Not the hardware and apps you use. Like most Mac users your head's stuck up your arse and think your overpriced Mac is the bollocks. When it ain't.

Posted (edited)

Blue Sonic is blue. Like what I see though.

Sonic sprites look like they are from Sonic 2 beta, Sonic 1 Beta hoax (I think), some of them are unused from Sonic 2 (and Sonic 1) and some of them are custom .

Edited by JustANewbie

Posted

Sonic 1 Beta hoax

wwz_addreply.png

Sonic 1 BH doesn't have custom sprites.

Posted

What does [ADD REPLY] button has to do with it? Also, I think its only a sonic 2 sprite with palette edit.

Posted

Mistake. Big deal. :|

Posted

Guess this is something i'm gonna have to check out.

I remember seeing a video about it and it looked pretty good.

I'll give you my feedback soon. Who knows! I "was" meant to be working on a SHS video today.

Posted

Sonic 1 Beta hoax

wwz_addreply.png

Sonic 1 BH doesn't have custom sprites.

Yes, but I said he mixed various sprites from Sonic CD, S1BH, S2b and maybe others...

Posted (edited)

as all of you have already seen in the showroom of my first beta of SX, I give to you all my second official beta of sonic Xero v3.0. things that I have added so far is:

- new DAC samples

- some smps imports(Fatal Fury, Golden Axe 3, s2, s3, s3D)

- new background art

- revision 01 graphics

- homing attack

- updated super peel-out

and also a video preview of what you are going to see in act 1 of the first level.

I forgot to mention that I also semi-ported the scd balancing animation also. with that said, you can get the 2nd beta here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qic3m332n8383d7

enjoy folks! :P

Edited by Xero

Posted

Showroom is opened, just switch to WWZ skin or to NeoBlu.

Posted

You must put a clear function to remove the trail when Sonic is dead. Also, the stuff you was naming as 'animations' are 'animation frames' wich is completely different one between the other. And also the Motobug isn't ported because just the art has been ported. Also, go to the showroom and post this new version. Well... your art stuff still in need of work. But I'm happy to see no stolen content on these new hacks. If everything is programmed by yourself, go wild. But my opinion about this hack is 6/10 yet. This hack needs more layout improvements, but this version is much better than the other releases. I'm also happy to see that this hack isn't anymore the result of lazyness I saw in the first release. Sorry for the rude comments, but this is it.

Posted

I share EduardoKnuckles's comments. But if you programmed the homing attack and the stuff I have seen, and if you ported the music, imprevissive stuff.

Posted (edited)

I share EduardoKnuckles's comments. But if you programmed the homing attack and the stuff I have seen, and if you ported the music, imprevissive stuff.

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?sho...15&start=15

This isn't to put Xero down, he was unlucky that he found the homing attack where someone had released stolen content. I'm sure he's removed it by now.

Edit: fff spelt his name wrong.

Edited by Animemaster

Posted

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?sho...15&start=15

This isn't to put crappymix down, he was unlucky that he found the homing attack where someone had released stolen content. I'm sure he's removed it by now.

sure did remove it after i found out that it was in fact the same homing attack code that megamix had, whoever took it tried to seem like they made themselves with a little edits to it (damn bastard :angry:) . but yeah i removed it already. also as for what you said eduardoknuckles, yes I still intend on making some art changes, as well as some level layout changes along with some other things that I have planned so the actual release wont be done for a while.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, fortunately you noticed the fuckin' bad code and removed this in time. -...Edit: Removed stff I'm really tired of see MILLIONS of hacks with homing attack. ...Edit: Removed stff You can bet your hack's stuff with other great kind of data, like SOTI's (or it was Hitaxas's?? I don't remember who did it) Jumpdash, that gives speed and is fantastic too. And it's free for any public since you give properly the credits for the original author, like any other kind of "tutorial" stuff or "Yeah, I used his tool!" stuff. (If my memory doesn't fails). ...Edit: Removed stff I'll wait for the next release and if you need music/sound stuff, I'd be happy to make some for you like I'm making for SSD.

Edited by eduardoknuckles

Posted (edited)

Yeah, fortunately you noticed the fuckin' bad code and removed this in time. Like that code was stolen, you could at least tell us who sent you this stolen code. Like I said more than a time at the Sonic Harder Levels's topic, we are really tired of these crappy knowledge from these people that grabs unauthorized stuff. But I'm sorry these people that had authorization to use this, but I'm really tired of see MILLIONS of hacks with homing attack too. This is just a piece of shit that someone programmed for use in a specific hack, team or workgroup. You can bet your hack's stuff with other great kind of data, like SOTI's (or it was Hitaxas's?? I don't remember who did it) Jumpdash, that gives speed and is fantastic too. And it's free for any public since you give properly the credits for the original author, like any other kind of "tutorial" stuff or "Yeah, I used his tool!" stuff. (If my memory doesn't fails). But in a kind of "useless help" I could tell you to write the homing attack by yourself. I think that could result in no punishment (Sorry, community), but you must at least tell us who is the bad guy that sent you the code. And, Okay. I'll wait for the next release and if you need music/sound stuff, I'd be happy to make some for you like I'm making for SSD.

On the topic on retro I linked to, he said it was someone on youtube and it was an open source project. With stolen content from megaix of course. Its ALWAYS megamix.

Edited by Animemaster

Posted

Aaaaaanyways.....

Looking at the video I am disappointed, I was expecting to see something with a little more kick, something that's unique and brand new, but it seems I'm let down once again.

Your hack would be what I would call a "Standard" Hack, it has all the same features, similar design and even the same issues as the other hacks we've seen posted here in the past few years, it's just so bland and repetitive from previous works, sorry to say it but I can see the lazy points just from the video (Like the grass Shadows for example).

You'll have to do better if you want something awesome.