Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Notice Regarding Qjimbo's Absense

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Please note that Qjimbo will be unavailable for a few weeks due to a motherboard failure, thanks to dodgy memory. This will be dealt with in a few weeks, and Jim should be back to normal by then. In the meantime, any new features to the SSRG may be delayed for a while.

Just letting you know, the show must go on!

Posted

Thanks for letting us know. I've been trying to contact him too. Now I know why. :)

Posted

Yeah, thanks for saying us, I don't need him for now, but it's good to know.

Posted

Got a new motherboard yesterday (finally) so I'll soon be able to spend more time on here once I finish setting everything up.

Posted

Got a new motherboard yesterday (finally) so I'll soon be able to spend more time on here once I finish setting everything up.

What one did you get this time? Also, I hope you don't have any more dodgy memory.

Posted

Nothing fancy, just a gigabyte g41mt-d3v.

Posted

Not a bad choice at all. LGA 775 is still a good socket and DDR3 support. Still a respectful setup by today's standards. What brand of memory did you have the problem with and what CPU are you using?

Posted

It was Kingston RAM, not the value stuff either. It was obviously faulty and the guy from Craigslist just pawned it off on me and it ended up wrecking the Motherboard.

I have to get some DDR3 RAM today or tomorrow. Probably going to get this Corsair 4GB stick as $35 is pretty damn reasonable.

Posted

I'd go for the Corsair XMS3 RAM module myself, only about 6 bucks more.

Posted

Didn't see your post Ordos, already got the other Corsair stick and it seems great, much faster than my old DDR2 667mhz stuff anyway :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0