-Puto

-Tweaker

Additional help:

-Aquaslash

Posted

I am speechless, all I have to say is... AWESOME!! :D

Posted

*cough* Screenshots please.

Then again, this might be worth playing.

Posted

*cough* Screenshots please.

Then again, this might be worth playing.

Screenshots ruin the fun. But this one is a NEED to play.

Posted

What's this!? Fan character shit!? You taking the piss?

*plays*

I don't believe this. A fan character game that's actually fucking good.

Posted

*plays*

*sobs*

Awesome. I enjoyed that, can't wait to see more. I'm guessing this is just a demo. I like what you did with the boss. I figured out a system that works to defeat him. I like how he tricks you the first time you bump into him. I like the level layout, and it all goes smoothly.

Good work.

Posted

This is full of win !!! beautiful art work and such smooth animations.... you know what you need to do with this Markey? merge it with Bro Tro - just image the 3 characters and this extra zone with all the awesomeness of Bro Tro added in !!!!

Posted (edited)

When I saw the segascreen for the first time, I new this was going to be awsome. Although you only planned one level, that one level was fantastic. The art was beautiful, I still like the Door into Summer Remix as I heard before :D. And eggman was pretty neat with the old season change and boss. Not to the mention the good o'l ghz ball being used there, very clever.

Edited by Animemaster

Posted

This is full of win !!! beautiful art work and such smooth animations.... you know what you need to do with this Markey? merge it with Bro Tro - just image the 3 characters and this extra zone with all the awesomeness of Bro Tro added in !!!!

Excactamudo. I totally love this idea.

*plays*

Exactly why I said I respectfully disagree. :D

Posted

You are The God of Hacking The sprites run so smothly Best taste of music

and a new boss to put it all in i can't wait for new releases

(A spindash would be good for speed runners)

If there was a rating option i'd give it 7 choas emeralds

this beat an regular old hack any day

Posted (edited)

WOW This hack reeks of win! hats off to u Mr Markey Mcjester, your hacks are the dogs bollox, i love Brother trouble it's in my top 3 sonic hacks with Megamix and ERaZor

(i knew i would get my first post in here sooner or later)

Edited by turntablist

Posted

*plays*

If I have to be honest with you, I was actually expecting you to rip my head off for attempting a fan character hack/game, now I'm just as stunned as you are. Especially after reading what you wrote on RetroHack, it's.... moderately touching in a cosmic sort of way =$

Posted

*plays*

If I have to be honest with you, I was actually expecting you to rip my head off for attempting a fan character hack/game, now I'm just as stunned as you are. Especially after reading what you wrote on RetroHack, it's.... moderately touching in a cosmic sort of way =$

Pana der Hedjhog is a shining example of what can be achieved if you put the time and effort in, something the majority of so called "modders" fail to grasp. As for the character, you took the time to sit down and actually design something that looked good, but even better in motion. The smoother animation and the little added motion quirks was the most impressive aspect of the sprite. Taking all that into consideration, it was enough to sway me away from the "fan characers suck ass" judgment to "this is actually brilliant". Most just spend a few seconds doing a re-colour or spend an hour doing an awful sprite edit and say job done. This was entirely different. If this was submitted to the hacking contest and I was a judge, then I'd be putting Pana up for the top accolades.

As for the RH post, I tried to kill two birds with one stone. Hence the vibes of animousity directed at certain individuals on there while stating that I was impressed by the project

Posted

One of the biggest things I was impressed about with this hack, was that Pana's sprite actually ROTATES. ON GENESIS.

This is totally up there with Sonic Boom. I just hope you make it on the Third Sonic Hack Showcase.

Posted

I want more! I can not stop playing this demo. Its brilliant! Good Job MarkeyJester.

Posted

Wow love this hack 5/5

Finally an original fan character.

The jump animation was amazing and I just loved the boss!

Posted

MarkeyJester.... Your fan character design is awesome. Nice detailed and looks great in game, the only thing I don't like it's the name lool

About the hack... well, the art is fantastic, the music fits perfectly and the moment when Robotnik changes the weather is simply marvelous. You have done a great job :D

Posted

Every piece of this hack looks fabulous. It has just a single level that worth more than 1000. It's a very flawless hack, it's a impressive piece of a real motivation and dedication. I'm loving these stuff you did, Markey. This game impresses me every time I play it. Not only for the smooth sprites and the winner title screen, but also for the level and the idea from the hack itself. This hack is more than a winner. I'll dream with this imagining how it could be if it had more stages. I'm sure that this hack also will motivate other people for make smooth sprites on their hacks. Man, you have no idea on what did you started giving for the next generation hacks. You're a true genius, dude!

Posted

I would tell you what I thought of this hack, but I just did this instead :)

Posted

I would tell you what I thought of this hack, but I just did this instead :P

-SNIP-

You can't not love MegaGWolf's Sonic Hack Showcases!

Nice work, MarkeyJester, incredible hack!

Posted (edited)

Dude, MarkeyJester, I just registered on here to tell you that this is awesome, and I didn't even play it yet. I only watched a youtube video of it. This is fantastic, and I do hope you make more.

Edit: oh hey, megaGwolf is here! Hi! It was your video I watched that brought me here!

Edited by CyanPrime

Posted

Awesome hack.

One of the biggest things I was impressed about with this hack, was that Pana's sprite actually ROTATES. ON GENESIS.

I agree, that's one of the things I noticed the most as well. Very cool.