35 replies to this topic

#19 MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

3 Super Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 1674 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

There needs to be a lot of work done on the SSRG

Yes, that's true, infact we assessed that a long while ago, the problem is, "what" work needs to be done on SSRG? So far no one has given a valid answer, quite possibly because no one has an answer? OK Yeah, stuff is being done on SSRG, but it's having minimal effect (Though I'm aware that it's not quite a complete update).

Is QJimbo the only one working on this site currently? Because I think we'd benefit a lot more if we had more people, who could help get work done on this site other than just simply pitching ideas, I would offer myself, but I don't have the knowledge of how message boards work internally.

#20 Blazer

Blazer

Meh....

• 531 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

I have to admit that even though I am only just a member on here, I agree with SOTI on what he said on some things that should be worked on the site. like for instance on what he said about most of the members that has joined and didn't even come back here in like 6 months (2 years in my opinion) should be removed if they are not going to be doing anything here in the first place, at least that's what I think should be done.

Edited by crapymix294, 17 April 2010 - 12:01 AM.

#21 voice

voice

3 Chaos Emeralds

• 196 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:02 AM

This site (not page =P) was made for Firefox, there aren't any bugs for it therefore. But since other browsers like IE and Chrome work a lot different, there are some issues with them.

Making sure it works in Safari/Chrome (they both use webkit, meh) is feasible. No one, and I mean no one, should be forced to make a site IE-compatible, but if you must I suggest the strongest bottle of liquor you have on hand.

#22 Selbi

Selbi

Obligatory new year's avatar remake.

• Pro User
  • 1769 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

I would offer myself, but I don't have the knowledge of how message boards work internally.

Nobody had by birth, it's something everyone can learn. =P

On topic, more staff would just drag us more into the point where we don't want to be: Too many staff members. What we need is to find out who are the correct persons, not who may be the correct persons.
Now don't get me wrong Q, but I think, the project supervisors can do more than just projects. Why not something like a non-forum staff (main-page stuff in general)? It's just my opinion, but I definitly think that would help you out. I know you are a busy man, I know you don't want to spend your whole life on this site, so why letting other people assist you?
Just an idea, not a reproach.

#23 Spanner

Spanner

Mako Stuff Research Group

• Staff
  • 1705 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

More people should be offered to help actually. There are too many staff members on SSRG. Some aren't coming back and some aren't around because this place is a ghost town. Time for some cuts.

#24 Lobotomy

Lobotomy

I fight for my friends.

• 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:36 AM

I'd love to help any way I can. I'm sick of this place getting absolutely no new content.

May I also suggest better quality control for Hacktube? I've seen way too many pallete hacks.

#25 MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

3 Super Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 1674 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:58 AM

May I also suggest better quality control for Hacktube? I've seen way too many pallete hacks.

Well hacktube is pretty much dead, I will be putting it up as an archive though. 90% of the "casual" submissions were of such low quality that I doubt anything will be lost by this change.

Hacktube is no longer available at this time, it shall be replaced with a Projects section and will be fully functional in due time.

#26 Qjimbo

Qjimbo

7 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, HTML, PHP,
    Programming, Delphi, C++

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

I have to apologize for the delay in finishing the site, I essentially got lumped with a massive ecommerce job at work, and working on php for 8 hours a day, then coming home... well the last thing you feel like working on is php again!

I'm trying to make some headway with SSRG, at the very least I'm hoping I can get Project Submissions working so I can finally open up the projects section once more, hopefully by the end of this weekend. After that I want to finish off the disassemblies section and release another version of the EZ Installer that gives the user the option of the SVN Disasm or the Hivebrain "Classic" Disasm for Sonic 1. Then the rest is just content writing. I'll try and keep you posted!

As for offers of help, if anyone wants to help me out with the guides give me a shout, as thats the part that other people can assist with the most. I do have a high standard (hence how long it's all taking), but I'd be happy to edit rough-cut guides. I have a specific list of ones that need doing, like I said if you're interested let me know.

#27 Selbi

Selbi

• Pro User
  • 1769 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Ah, good to see you're back (You could've done a note that says you aren't here for several weeks though =P).

As for offers of help, if anyone wants to help me out with the guides give me a shout, as thats the part that other people can assist with the most.

And I thought I will just have an orange rank that does the excact same as a normal member. =P
In other words, I'm down with helping.

Edited by Selbi, 13 May 2010 - 10:29 AM.

#28 Spanner

Spanner

• Staff
  • 1705 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

After that I want to finish off the disassemblies section and release another version of the EZ Installer that gives the user the option of the SVN Disasm or the Hivebrain "Classic" Disasm for Sonic 1.

You can do the same with the Sonic 2 2007 disassembly too.

#29 SamplingMastersNix

SamplingMastersNix

64-bit Sonic Hacking Novice

• 53 posts
  • Interests:Phineas and Ferb, Sonic the Hedgehog, video game music, Isabella "Izzy" Garcia-Shapiro of "Phineas and Ferb", SPORE, science and technology.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

The only thing I would like for the disassembly is support for x64 computers. I run on Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

#30 Selbi

Selbi

• Pro User
  • 1769 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

The only thing I would like for the disassembly is support for x64 computers. I run on Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Another good reason why you shouldn't use the SNASM68k version Qjimbo. Use the ASM68k version so us 64 bitters have a chance to hack as well. =P

#31 SamplingMastersNix

SamplingMastersNix

• 53 posts
  • Interests:Phineas and Ferb, Sonic the Hedgehog, video game music, Isabella "Izzy" Garcia-Shapiro of "Phineas and Ferb", SPORE, science and technology.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

Another good reason why you shouldn't use the SNASM68k version Qjimbo. Use the ASM68k version so us 64 bitters have a chance to hack as well. =P

Thank you for making my point, Selbi.

#32 MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

3 Super Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 1674 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

Bah, you 64-bit'ers shouldn't have the ability to hack, what with your luxury and ability to enjoy the most updated technology and intermedia, how dare you, grrrr (No really, I'm just taking the piss), upgrade appears to be necessary now, for (like above) 64-bit machines and I think it has more assembly operations, let alone the ability to include sources on it's own, without needing a second source document to fuse all sources together before assembling.

Edited by MarkeyJester, 31 May 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#33 tristanseifert

tristanseifert

I make... THINGS!

• 372 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:17 AM

I might as well enlist my help here. In case you need someone to do the design or html and css and js or even php, I'll do it. That's just 'cause I really am bored to death nowadays. Speaking of Hacktube - Maybe we should do a system that all logged in members can submit hacks, but these hacks are only visible to logged in members. If, let's say 10, members play the hack and say it's more than a palette edit, it could be displayed to the public and comments would be enabled. If this doesn't happen in a while, like 3 months, the hack gets deleted.
MarkeyJester: I think 64-bitters should get to do asm hacks, since I know how it feels to be left out of ASM hacking, having a Mac, and just recently installed Windows 7 64-bit on it.

#34 Spanner

Spanner

• Staff
  • 1705 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hacktube isn't coming back. No point bringing it back since all it's caused is bother by both members and the emulators themselves.

#35 SamplingMastersNix

SamplingMastersNix

• 53 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hacktube isn't coming back. No point bringing it back since all it's caused is bother by both members and the emulators themselves.

Well, isn't that a crying shame. How are we going to post our hacks now?

#36 Selbi

Selbi

• Pro User
  • 1769 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

Well, isn't that a crying shame. How are we going to post our hacks now?

Reading the topic before posting is helpful. We replaced Hacktube with the Showroom, which a much more moderated place. One of the main reasons is the that there were beginners keep uploading their shitty hacks and thought they are super duper awesome.

Note: The showroom isn't done yet, don't upload any hacks yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users