#1 Qjimbo

Qjimbo

7 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, HTML, PHP,
    Programming, Delphi, C++

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:17 AM

Not a lot to see just yet, as I unfortunately was too ill last weekend to do any work on the site and ended up behind schedule. However, I've uploaded the new site layout which should give you a small taste of whats to come in terms of new content! This weekend I should have enough free time to get everything finished, namely the showroom and guides! So stick around and wait and see what we shall soon have to offer on SSRG, I'm sure there shall be something to interest you!

#2 Pokepunch

Pokepunch

That guy who posts on occasion

• 164 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Virtual Hats, Others

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

New pages!!

#3 Selbi

Selbi

Obligatory new year's avatar remake.

• Pro User
  • 1779 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Looks cool so far and I like the new layout and apps. However, three things:
1. I did some testing with the m68k Pastebin, and it actually works, however, on submitting (I choosed public btw), it led me to this address, http://localhost/pas...stinglolz092840, which didn't show me anything.
2. You were using the SVN version as a Sonic 1 disassembly? At least ADD the June 2005 disassembly (and use the ASM68k version please). I'm sure I'm not the only one who dislikes this version. =P
3. To the tables you could add this: http://sonicresearch...?...ost&p=17015

That said, amazing. =)

Edited by Selbi, 01 April 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#4 MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

4 Super Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 1755 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Selbi: Stop yer moaning, it's a disassembly isn't it? =P Then again, when it comes to disassemblies, I often prefer the 2007 Sonic 1, as it's labled enough to know where certain things are with less uneccesary research, but not filled to the max with macros' and equates.

On topic now: Ahh, I see the front page has been updated twice in one morning, someone's doing a great job I see.

#5 Dandaman955

Dandaman955

6 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

Well it's different, but i suppose i'll get used to it. Unlike Youtube's brand new crappy layout, which is TERRIBLE. But the site still wont work with IE for me :)

Edited by Dandaman955, 01 April 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#6 voice

voice

3 Chaos Emeralds

• 196 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

The layout seems to get messed up in Chromium :/

EDIT: Either Q made a quick change after I posted or this build of Chromium has a bug, the layout changed for the better after refreshing.

Edited by voice, 01 April 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#7 Dandaman955

Dandaman955

6 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

The layout seems to get messed up in Chromium :/

EDIT: Either Q made a quick change after I posted or this build of Chromium has a bug, the layout changed for the better after refreshing.

That happened to me in IE, but fixed in firefox.

#8 Qjimbo

Qjimbo

7 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 812 posts
    Programming, Delphi, C++

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Yeah the IE and Chrome issues were down to a missing doctype tag. IE also had some issues with the navbar which has now been resolved.

@Selbi: Thanks for your comments. I'll work on the 2&3 tonight, however the PasteBin I was able to fix quickly and should now be working.

#9 HCKTROX

HCKTROX

ROFLOLMAO

• Exile
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Girls :P

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Yes, very good the page but i use the mozilla firefox, the latest version, and i no have bugs (??)

#10 Selbi

Selbi

• Pro User
  • 1779 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

This site (not page =P) was made for Firefox, there aren't any bugs for it therefore. But since other browsers like IE and Chrome work a lot different, there are some issues with them.

#11 amphobius

amphobius

dubstep extrodinaire

• Pro User
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:being beyta, the colour purple and thrash metal

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

Y'know, I haven't exactly noticed anything. Wouldn't mind an explaination or two.

OH IT'S ALL ON THE MAIN PAGE, MY BAD

Edited by DalekSam, 15 April 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#12 MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

4 Super Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 1755 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Well I can see the "Showroom" thread is locked for the mean time, I'm asuming it'll be linked to here eventually, which would be a decent idea. As most members seem to be more interested in the board itself, it would make sense to have links to areas of the main page, but in clear view where they can be seen on the board.

#13 Qjimbo

Qjimbo

7 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 812 posts
    Programming, Delphi, C++

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

Sorry about the delays, been busy with some other stuff lately and I don't exactly have a massive amount of free time! Looks like I'll be busy this weekend too but I'll try my best to get the Showroom/Projects finished as soon as possible.

#14 HCKTROX

HCKTROX

ROFLOLMAO

• Exile
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Girls :P

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

Ha! And the hacktube?

#15 Selbi

Selbi

• Pro User
  • 1779 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

Ha! And the hacktube?

It has been set offline and will be replaced by the project section. We had a few issues with uncontrolled hack-uploading (most people where submitting simple palette hacks). I think Hacktube should stay open as archive though (read-only, no upload possible).

#16 MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf

3 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

Ha! And the hacktube?

It has been set offline and will be replaced by the project section. We had a few issues with uncontrolled hack-uploading (most people where submitting simple palette hacks). I think Hacktube should stay open as archive though (read-only, no upload possible).

Maybe this way we could have stricter conditions to meet when people apply to put their hack on the Hacktube.
That way simple palette hacks wouldn't pass and we would have a better line up of unique hacks in the archive and in turn it will also either make uber noobs give up or make them strive to be better so the hack can make it on the list.

#17 Qjimbo

Qjimbo

7 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 812 posts
    Programming, Delphi, C++

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

Well hacktube is pretty much dead, I will be putting it up as an archive though. 90% of the "casual" submissions were of such low quality that I doubt anything will be lost by this change.

#18 Spanner

Spanner

Mako Stuff Research Group

• Staff
  • 1725 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

Fuck hacktube. Because of that feature, SSRG went down the shitter because this was supposed to be the only thing on this place. Too many stupid hacks were posted and as a result, this board suffered as well.

There needs to be a lot of work done on the SSRG and I did talk to Qjimbo about a few things (notably cleanup and getting rid of staff members who have been last seen more than 6 months ago).

Oh and if anyone went to my now-dead site and there was a feature that had to be closed due to spambots, expect that to be on SSRG some day, when all the recoding is done.

Edited by SOTI, 16 April 2010 - 09:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users