• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    8 replies to this topic

#1 DAGarden

DAGarden

Robotnik with a Jetpack!

• Staff
    • 209 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

So, as you have probably guessed from the topic title, it's taking me a long time to load the main/home page of SSRG since these updates have been occuring.
    The most sense I can make of it is in the bottom left corner of my browser which says
    "(2600 items remaining) Waiting for [url="http://www.sonicresearch.org/home...""]http://www.sonicresearch.org/home..."[/url]
    The number in the browser counts down to zero and while this is happening I can do nothing but wait.
    This could of course just be a personal problem but I thought I'd bring it to light in any case.

Edited by DAGarden, 01 May 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#2 redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS

• Staff
    • 2065 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

This could of course just be a personal problem but I thought I'd bring it to light in any case.

Probably. I have no problem. Try deleting all your temp or something and it may make a difference.

#3 DAGarden

DAGarden

Robotnik with a Jetpack!

• Staff
    • 209 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

Probably. I have no problem. Try deleting all your temp or something and it may make a difference.

I've deleted all of my temporary internet files/cookies/what have you and the problem is still there. I said in IRC yesterday that I think it might be related to the new "FTP Updates" section which has appeared on the home page recently. (It didn't happen before this)
    In any case, I was told to post it here if I thought it was a problem, so I have.

#4 Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

3 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
    • 190 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

I've deleted all of my temporary internet files/cookies/what have you and the problem is still there. I said in IRC yesterday that I think it might be related to the new "FTP Updates" section which has appeared on the home page recently. (It didn't happen before this)
    In any case, I was told to post it here if I thought it was a problem, so I have.

Came to post to say that I visited the homepage and have the same issues as DAGarden. I'm pretty sure that it is indeed the "FTP Updates" section on the homepage, since everything else appears to load just fine.

#5 MicroChirp

MicroChirp

Wow, I was so stupid a few years ago...

• 366 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

I don't know, it works fine on my browser.

#6 Spanner

Spanner

Tool

• Staff
    • 1797 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

So I try and remove the FTP log from the home page to sort something out and it breaks the entire page, yet I was able to put it on a separate page without no problems. Most of all, when I try and edit things, everything has just become one huge line, so the home page is pretty much unavailable for now until Qjimbo or somebody can rebuild it.

EDIT: Selbi has replaced the broken page with a backup, which has everything aside from the FTP logs. Try it now.

#7 Selbi

Selbi

Tief.Tiefer

• Pro User
    • 1853 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

Problems have been fixed just now. While we don't know where excactly the error was, it had something to do with that FTP log feature doing things it shouldn't. A rather new backup and everything was fine again.

#8 DAGarden

DAGarden

Robotnik with a Jetpack!

• Staff
    • 209 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Works fine now, so my presumption was correct about the FTP log.

Thanks for taking the time to try and correct it.

#9 Spanner

Spanner

Tool

• Staff
    • 1797 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

Good to know that it's fixed. I'll just lock the thread now since we're done here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users