Sonic 1, losing sound effects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    8 replies to this topic

#1 Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 211 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

I'm experimenting a very anoying bug in my hack of Sonic 1.
    I specially noticed it more when I transform Sonic into Super Sonic and the Super Sonic song starts, the sound effects doesn't sound :S until the music was reseated... yesterday I noticed the same with the speed shoes (I added music for it in my hack)... Is a known problem? what I did wrong?
    The problem only happens sometimes, not always.

#2 DarkLeach

DarkLeach

Behold the Power of DarkLeach7! Tomorrow...

• 193 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

When do you notice it happening first of all? If it only happens sometimes you need to find out why it happens and why it happens when it does.

#3 Irixion

Irixion

6 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
    • 596 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:03 AM

So essentially sound effects don't play while your music is playing? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your problem. If it's what I described, go check your routine that tells the game to play said song. You could have an incorrect value, or have something else mucking things up.

#4 Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 211 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

The problem is that sometimes, when I transform into Super Sonic, only the music sound and no sound effects until the music was reseted. I had this same problem with speed shoes a few days ago so I don't know if maybe this is happening when tries to play to much sound effects at the same time or something like that.

#5 Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 211 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Sorry for bumping this old topic but I think there is no need to create a new one for the same problem.
    I still couldn't fix this bug but I found how to make it appear always. It happen if the life up song is playing (this song is untouched in my hack and it's the original from Sonic 1), and while this song is playing I take the 'S' monitor invincibillity, speed shoes or transform into Super Sonic. The new music start to play but the sound effects doesn't work until the end of the power up, when the music of the stage is reset to play again....
    Any idea of why is this happening?
    It doesn't happen with the normal invincibillity, but it happens with all other monitors I added that plays a different music :S

Edited by Psycho RFG, 26 March 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#6 Animemaster

Animemaster

Lets get to work!

• Pro User
    • 1068 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

It sounds like it could be the songs you got there, have you tried temporary reverting back to other music, or changing the super music to something that works?.

#7 Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 211 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

It sounds like it could be the songs you got there, have you tried temporary reverting back to other music, or changing the super music to something that works?.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and it's not problem of the songs but I noticed all these songs causing this are put in extended slots from E5 to FF... so maybe it's something wrong with my extended slots code. In fact, I checked changing the song for another song that doesn't is in a extended slot and there is no bug so... Any idea of what should I check?

#8 Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 211 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Sorry for double post, but I have more info about this bug. After toons of tests I can asure that it's caused when I use a song in a extended slot. I don't know if it can occur in other situation, but I can see the bug when the "extra life" song is playing and while it's playing, take a speed shoes monitor, 'S' monitor or Super Sonic transformation. All this actions makes to play a song that it's in an extended slot.

The code I used for that is that one found on Sonic Retro:
    http://...

Any help will be much appreciated.

Edited by Psycho RFG, 27 March 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#9 Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 211 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Never mind, I found the problem and the solution, the guide is wrong and have bugs, it's fixed now. And sorry for triple post :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users