• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#19 MainMemory

MainMemory

5 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

Maybe you could port S3K's object manager, which takes the Y positions into account as well?

#20 redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS

• Staff
  • 1990 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

I found out the reason for the lag!

You know when you see an object and you run to the right? The object "Deletes" itself. When you go back, it respawns. Everyone knows that.

But it doesn't do it when you go up and down, the objects do not delete themself and stay there. In my hack, there are many routes in my levels (above, middle and below). Meaning there are objects above and below, and quite a lot. Because none of them have been deleted, they're all running, stressing the processor. And then when you get hurt, because it's about to spawn rings everywhere, making more objects, stressing the processor more, causing the "sprite" glitch.

I could just get rid of some of the objects, but then some routes will start to look bare.

Maybe you could port S3K's object manager, which takes the Y positions into account as well?

If you know how then let me in =P

I followed a guide to port in S3K's Ring manager in. There was nothing to be found about S3K's object manager. I knew they had a different system, and that explains why it runs more smoothly and that you can have underwater effects when Tails is following (I have underwater effects in my hack but it's auto-disabled if you have the sidekick following as it can go terribly slow).

EDIT: I found a guide for it, but I'm slowly failing at porting it in =P

Edited by redhotsonic, 31 January 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#21 redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS

• Staff
  • 1990 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Sorry for the double post.

I've finally got the S3K object manager ported in with the help of Module. I then edited it a bit so the level runs smoother (so a more advance version of the S3K manager). And I can tell the difference, my levels do not slow down anymore, I can add a lot more objects in a level, the water ripples do not slow down as much anymore (until you get hurt), and the sprite glitch rarely happens!

That's right, rarely happens. So it still occurs. But it now seems to only happen when you get hurt, and even then, it's rare. Whereas it used to happen at any time (I haven't seen it happen at any time as yet). I took out my edits and it made no difference.

There's only one more thing to try that Module will also help me with, is porting S3K's touch_response. I really hope that fixes things. If not, I have no idea what is causing it.

I will keep you posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users